Brilliance of the Seas Cozumel disembark time?

Hello! Long time lurker, first time posting. I am getting married on the 12/11/14 sailing of the Brilliance. The ceremony will be on Cozumel day (12/13/14) at a beach club. I know the ship docks at 8am. I assumed we could get off shortly thereafter. The ceremony is being handled by the planners of course. It's intimate, no wedding party other than a best man and maid of honor, 14 other guests. So all we (the groom and I) have to do is get to the beach, change clothes and we're ready. The ceremony is scheduled to start at 9:30am because we are spending the rest of the day at said beach club to partake in the all-inclusive festivities and want as much time to enjoy that as possible before heading back to the ship. I just saw a cruise compass online from last Nov, and it says: "arrival: 8am; ships clearance: apprx 9:30am". Does this mean we can't even get off the ship until then? I am freaking out! The planner knows we are on a cruise ship and this is a very reputable company so she has to know about usual times guests get off the ship but she didn't flinch at the 9:30 time and was actually the one to suggest it so we can spend more time celebrating afterwards. Advice please??Thanks all!

TL/DR What time can I get off the ship on Cozumel day? (Brilliance)

Hello! Long time lurker, first time posting. I am getting married on the 12/11/14 sailing of the Brilliance. The ceremony will be on Cozumel day (12/13/14) at a beach club. I know the ship docks at 8am. I assumed we could get off shortly thereafter. The ceremony is being handled by the planners of course. It's intimate, no wedding party other than a best man and maid of honor, 14 other guests. So all we (the groom and I) have to do is get to the beach, change clothes and we're ready. The ceremony is scheduled to start at 9:30am because we are spending the rest of the day at said beach club to partake in the all-inclusive festivities and want as much time to enjoy that as possible before heading back to the ship. I just saw a cruise compass online from last Nov, and it says: "arrival: 8am; ships clearance: apprx 9:30am". Does this mean we can't even get off the ship until then? I am freaking out! The planner knows we are on a cruise ship and this is a very reputable company so she has to know about usual times guests get off the ship but she didn't flinch at the 9:30 time and was actually the one to suggest it so we can spend more time celebrating afterwards. Advice please??Thanks all!

TL/DR What time can I get off the ship on Cozumel day? (Brilliance)

In my experience a ship is cleared within 30 minutes of docking. We were on the Liberty in Cozumel this last January, and that was the case. Docking time is money out of the cruise lines pockets. They aren't going to dock and hold the passengers onboard unless there is a reason (issues with local customs/immigration etc).

To set your mind as ease, call your planner. They will have the information you need to set your mind at ease. Congrats on your wedding!

Thank you. I just thought the "clearance" time on the compass meant the time guests are allowed to start getting off. I just thought I'd get past experience stories from people here. But i guess you are the only one to ever get off in a port out of all the folks that viewed this thread :roll eyes: I appreciate you taking time out to answer me. I've been on Disney,Carnival, and Norwegian and can't remember ever waiting such a long time to get off in port day but that "clearance" time threw me off and made me think Royal has a different policy.

You may also want to try to find out if the 8 am is Cozumel time. Sometimes the ships don't change time zones for only one port so 8 am ship time may actually be 7 am in Cozumel so you may even have more wiggle room. Congrats!

We had the same experience in Cozumel last time. So yes check to see if it is ship time or Cozumel. We almost missed our shore excursion because of not paying attention to that. Usually you can get off very early after docking. You may be fine, but always double check.

Thank you all! I spoke to the planner who told me the 8am time is ship time but Cozumel is an hour behind so it will only be 7 on the beach. She bumped it to 10am ship time though since I was so wound up. LOL. She also suggested I speak with guest services to see if priority debarkation is available for that day. Out of curiosity, does the "clearance time" really mean when Royal expects to be letting people off? Of is it lingo for something else? Now all I have to worry about it getting to the ship from home. Please old man winter let us Hoosiers have a bit of a break so we can fly undelayed to Tampa! *fingers-crossed* I really wanted to come down a day early but between DD having finals and DH (giggles) work schedule, we couldn't pull it off. Thank you all again! Maybe some of you viewers will be on our sailing :)

Thank you all! I spoke to the planner who told me the 8am time is ship time but Cozumel is an hour behind so it will only be 7 on the beach. She bumped it to 10am ship time though since I was so wound up. LOL. She also suggested I speak with guest services to see if priority debarkation is available for that day. Out of curiosity, does the "clearance time" really mean when Royal expects to be letting people off? Of is it lingo for something else? Now all I have to worry about it getting to the ship from home. Please old man winter let us Hoosiers have a bit of a break so we can fly undelayed to Tampa! *fingers-crossed* I really wanted to come down a day early but between DD having finals and DH (giggles) work schedule, we couldn't pull it off. Thank you all again! Maybe some of you viewers will be on our sailing :)

Yes, clearance time is when guests should be able to start getting off the ship.

:)The two RCL ships (Brilliance and Liberty) currently docked in Cozumel arrived and were completely docked before 8:00 EST this morning (7:00 Cozumel time), and it looked like passengers were getting off of at least one of them (can't tell which one because of the way they're docked) by 8:30 EST.:)

We are on your sailing! Check out the roll call for our date. May I ask what AI beach club you are getting married at? We always go to an AI for the day when in Cozumel. We will be traveling from Ohio, so I share your concerns about the weather. We are flying into Orlando the day prior. Good luck with your plans!!

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, don't rely on Brilliance docking at the pier where they say it will dock. We were on the Nov. 8 sailing, and they told us we'd be docking at the International pier. I had a car reservation there waiting for us. Next morning, we roll up at the Downtown pier with no announcement of the change. "Welcome to Cozumel"! Not only was it not announced, when I asked, the people handling debarkation didn't seem to even know which pier we were at.

Thank you all again for the great info!

The beach club opens at 9am land time/10am ship time. So we should be good. I keep having a recurring nightmare that our guests will oversleep & I will be the only one on the beach. I kid you not, I've had that dream at least 4 times in the past couple months. I can just see them in their cabins, yawning and stretching with plans to go down to the Windjammer. Literally in my dreams it's like I can read their minds and they have completely forgotten the wedding. For some reason, it's always DH's mom and one of my sisters. Lol. So maybe this extra time will allow me to call everyone's cabin like a maniac and make sure they're awake. :p

joey1- We are going to Mr. Sanchos. We did a girls trip there a couple years ago and LOVED it! I know the atmosphere is a bit too "spring break" for some but that is what we are looking forward too. I know the teens in our group will love it. Is a roll call the same as meet n mingle? There's a get together on the ship? Or is it just saying, "hey I'll be onboard too. Maybe I'll see ya!"?

My sister and I will be hope to see you and say congrats. Our roll call is planing a meet by pool bar at sail away. come by and see us. We will have on beads

Edited by tigger-ttfn