Past Grandeur Guest Tell me 1 good/1 not good thing

I loved everything except breakfast in mdr I would definitely do buffet unless you have an abundance of patience

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A tip for quicker service in the MDR for breakfast or lunch is to ask for a small table (2 top or 4 top at the most.) Larger tables take much longer than I'm willing to spend for breakfast or lunch! The maitre 'd will typically attempt to fill up large tables if you don't request something smaller;)

We cruised July 2014 with 6 of our kids.

Pros: size and crew. I love the smaller ships, I don't feel like I'm running around trying to see all the bells and whistles of the bigger ones. The crew was amazing!

Cons: there is very little for an 11 year old to do. Because it's a small ship the kids club gets combined so he was bunched in with 6-12 year olds. If he had been 12, he would have been able to be considered a teenager but he wasn't socially ready for that either.

We sailed on Grandeur last year, and will be on her again in 7 days.

Things we liked: beautiful ship, easy to get around, friendly crew, plenty of dinning options, live music on pool deck, outdoor tables outside WJ (our young son loved eating outside), and driving to port.

Things we did not like: some shows had only one performance. The MDR really pushed wine package (we do not drink and had to tell server NO three times before she got the message), breakfast availability times (when on vacation, you want to sleep in but if you sleep too long WJ and MDR are closed by time you wake up)

Not a dislike but a comment - as our son gets older, we will have to look at a bigger ship with more amenities for him. This is a shame as Baltimore is so convenient for us.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Let me start off with a different view, as your son gets older, a bigger ship may, or may not be the best way to proceed, how about finding a cruise with more Ports! Maybe your son would like to get off the ship each day, and explore a new port! Experience new things like swimming with the dolphins, swimming with the rays, checking out the forts of Old San Juan, watching the planes land overhead at Maho Beach in St Martin, etc..!

Grandeur is a nice, attractive, small ship, very easy to get around, not over loaded with passengers for its size!

Grandeur 74,000 tons/1950 reg. passengers

Majesty 73,941 tons/2354 reg. passengers

The negative would be the same as on all RCL cruises, the lack of free edible food after 9pm, and not very good free food before 9pm!

Let me start off with a different view, as your son gets older, a bigger ship may, or may not be the best way to proceed, how about finding a cruise with more Ports! Maybe your son would like to get off the ship each day, and explore a new port! Experience new things like swimming with the dolphins, swimming with the rays, checking out the forts of Old San Juan, watching the planes land overhead at Maho Beach in St Martin, etc..!

Grandeur is a nice, attractive, small ship, very easy to get around, not over loaded with passengers for its size!

Grandeur 74,000 tons/1950 reg. passengers

Majesty 73,941 tons/2354 reg. passengers

The negative would be the same as on all RCL cruises, the lack of free edible food after 9pm, and not very good free food before 9pm!

I agree with the ports - I was more thinking about the sea days :). We have three on our upcoming cruise, and think between club and pool, he will be fine. Then again, I keep hoping for Radiance class to come to Baltimore, so we can move up to that!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app