WOWbands

Treacher1

I read that WOWbands will now be FREE - no charge. Now, let's do the same with room service!! For those of you that used wow bands - if you bought a drink package OR have 3 drinks per day for Diamond member - could you use the wow band for that or did you need your sea pass cards to get drinks?? Also, read need sea pass card to disembark at ports of call- with all the technology with wow band - would think you could use band for that as well.

Those who sailed Quantum please explain how it worked for you - thanks so much!!

I am wondering what the range of the RFID chip is. How easy is it for someone to 'hack' into your 'WowBand' and get the codes for your account by just standing next to you?

Anyone know if your photo comes up on the terminal when you buy something? This at least would give some measure of security when the gadget is used to buy expensive jewelry or cameras.

I saw yellow and blue ones too.

They only have a very short range. You have to touch the door lock or the sensor at the register in the shops.

BTW "complimentary" is written on the plastic tray where they are fixed onto and which is laying on the bed in the cabin.

steamboats

Information such as the daily three drinks, C&A coupons, security photo, etc. are stored in the ship's computer system, not on the card itself. The card or band is just a way of accessing the computer account which is why they are equivalent when used.

I am curious whether the band has any identifying writing on it as the card does, such as the passenger's name, ship name and sailing date, etc.