Why MTD cannot be booked.

cavydad

I enjoyed Royals response to my questions about My Time dining reservations. I realize that this problem appears to be occurring on other RCL ships..

I sail on the Navigator on December 7, three weeks from now, and over the last 6 weeks have spoken with many service reps regarding dining reservations.

RCL must have an overwhelming bureaucracy with one department unable to work with another to solve problems.

Not a big concern. I plan to book my reservations once I board the ship.

Today I received this response from Royal.

"Royal Caribbean International's goal is to have all Cruise Planner purchases and/or reservations available on our Cruise Planner website at 90 days prior to sailing. However, due to logistical difficulties, we are not always successful at attaining this goal. Regrettably, we are currently unable to provide you with a firm date that My Time Dining reservations will be available on our Cruise Planner website; however, we have sent a request to the proper department to get this rectified as soon as possible. Our supply teams are working very hard to address this issue for our guests. The My Time Dining reservations for Navigator of the Seas should be available shortly. Guests may continue to check the Cruise Planner website to see when they become available. We sincerely apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this delay has caused".

Linda Seitz

Customer Service Representative

Specialty dining resv. for this sailing became available yesterday or the day before - finally:)

While talking to the Upgrade Fairy on Friday she said "It might be an IT thing", at which point we both started laughing.

So maybe MTD will appear soon.

Edited by pspercy

Being able to book it online doesn't mean they will honor it onboard.

On the Allure two weeks ago, the fella manning the station outside of the dining room had no record of our MTD reservation. After some back and forth, we pulled out a phone to show him the 6:30 ressies on the website. He proceeds to tell us that what we do online or onshore has nothing to do with his computer onboard. He agrees to make the reservation but then tells us 6:30 isn't possible and that we would have to pick 5:30 or 6. It's not because they're fully booked at that time but because they won't seat people at 6:30. We were confused because we've been able to dine at 6:30 via MTD on the Allure in the past plus

the website let us choose that time for the reservations that he wouldn't honor. Since his responses largely consisted of No No and No to whatever we said, we told him to give us times he had available. We picked 6Pm from his choices and then he tells us but you might still have to wait on line. We just told him to put us down for 6pm and walked away.