Port of New York Webcam - Quantum on move up river

MADflyer

Theyre just doing a couple of quicky dinner and fam cruises for Travel Agents is what I understood.

SO strange to see a RC ship going UP the Hudson River toward Manhattan ... certainly haven't seen that in alotta years!

Beautiful to see her all lit up against Manhattan too .... so cool!

OK, i'm done being a star-struck ship geek now! ;)

is that normal? i have never seen a boat up here (of that size) just cruise around the hudson.

Sunday night is a good time to do it. Norwegian among others sail regularly from the cruise terminal at 49th right about where she is right now.

I think the port is very happy with the fact that RCI has a permanent home port completed in Bayonne now and they have been doing lots of special events this week.

I really enjoyed our 'visit' to the Statue of Liberty upon arrival after the TA last Monday.

That was really cool to see it turn right around in the middle of the river like that!!

HAhaha Its ok im being star struck too. Its such a cool ship, wish it was sticking around longer.

I know they sail sundays but just staying in the river and going north from bayonne isnt normal, but cool

Edited by hurachee

Next sailing is on the 18th.

Unlikely that the Quantum will cruise up the river on the next cruise or any others after that. Tonight is the last of the 'VIP' cruises. RCL wanted to impress the travel agents and other VIP's. On the 18th, they start the cruises with "regular" people who pay their way.

That said, I sure do hope that they do take a little cruise up the river when we board on Dec 1st..... :D