Embarkation Wine Corkage Fee

Djptcp

DH and I understand we can each bring 1 bottle of wine in our carry on upon embarkation without any corkage fee being assessed. We will probably bring a few bottles more and understand there will be a $18 per bottle corkage fee. Do we pay the corkage fees at that point or later somehow? I vaguely recall reading on this board that something is placed on the bottles that require a corkage fee, but I'm not sure. Thanks! We sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam this Sunday.

DH and I understand we can each bring 1 bottle of wine in our carry on upon embarkation without any corkage fee being assessed. We will probably bring a few bottles more and understand there will be a $18 per bottle corkage fee. Do we pay the corkage fees at that point or later somehow? I vaguely recall reading on this board that something is placed on the bottles that require a corkage fee, but I'm not sure. Thanks! We sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam this Sunday.

They charge your account right before you board the ship. And yes, they put stickers on them. So those bottles with stickers can go anywhere on the ship.

The ones you are bringing on free need to stay in the stateroom otherwise you will be charged corkage if you take them in public areas.

It's a quick and smooth process :)

We just came in from the Niewu Amsterdam on Sunday and we had 5 bottles of wine with us. We walked right in after scanning our cards to board the ship and did not see any table to check in our wine, we were not trying to hide them either since we had them in a 6 pack wine carrying bag. So we just went to our room and dropped them off. After talking to others, they stated they didn't see a table either.

We just came in from the Niewu Amsterdam on Sunday and we had 5 bottles of wine with us. We walked right in after scanning our cards to board the ship and did not see any table to check in our wine, we were not trying to hide them either since we had them in a 6 pack wine carrying bag. So we just went to our room and dropped them off. After talking to others, they stated they didn't see a table either.

Lucky you! So far, they haven't missed me:(:p