What do YOU order at the Steakhouse?

Dixie24

You definitely want to have the lobster bisque it is outstanding!!!

Also another vote for the ribeye along with mashed potatoes and chocolate sampler or cheesecake for dessert you can't go wrong :)

Thanks everyone. As of now, I'm going to go with Crabcake, Lobster Bisque, Ribeye, Mased Potatoes, and Cheesecake. Glad to hear you can get desert to go.

I had the lobster bisque but it was super sweet and not too my taste, onion soup was yum. Spinach salad was very tasty. Surf and turf delicious, I had mash without the wasabi....I thought it was heaven sent. My husbands ribeye was incredible and our friends fillet was huge and cooked perfectly. Chocolate sampler was out of this world. Can't wait to go again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay, I have to ask....what is a cowboy steak? Maybe it's a Canada-US terminology thing, or maybe I'm just not up on my steaks? Actually I prefer roast beef & Yorkshire pudding, but my husband would't agree!

Sadly, the porterhouse has been removed and replaced by the cowboy steak.

I have been to the Steakhouse on Valor, Legend, Freedom, Magic and Dream. All are good, but some are better than others, all depending on the chefs.

Going back on the Legend Sept. 2015 to Alaska - looking forward to going to Alaska for the first time. However, this is the first time that I will do a repeat on a ship. But heck, I have slept since 2010, so it is all good.

Anyway, I usually skip the salad, and add a 2nd appetizer. For me, steak carpaccio and escargot. The entree is surf & turf (add bernaise sauce) with mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms.

By the time I get to dessert, I'm pretty stuffed, so I usually get the chocolate sampler and have a taste out of each one.

And don't forget that glass of wine (or three)!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalMagic/primeSteakhouse.htm

Great pictures of the food in the steak house (all ships have the same menu.) This is old and I believe there are a couple of changes, put you can see what a lot of the entrees and desserts look like.

Thank you Zydecocruiser....as always.

Great picture of the chocolate sampler on the zydecocruiser, if you haven't had it it is amazing!!!

Also, I love their gourmet macaroni & cheese, they don't always have it, but you can ask and they will give it to you as an extra side, YUMOOO

I order a crab cake, lobster bisque and sometimes a Caesar salad, but not usually. If I get the salad, I share it with DH. The entree is surf n turf. Rarely do I have room for dessert, but I have tried the chocolate sampler, but didn't eat all of it. I also tried the cheesecake, but it was not a NY cheesecake, so just one taste did it.

DH orders the shrimp cocktail and sometimes the onion soup. He also gets the Chilean Sea Bass and ice cream for dessert.

I usually get the crab cake, French onion soup, the tomato & mozzarella salad, and either the rib-eye or filet mignon. My fiance usually gets the portabella mushroom, French onion soup, Caesar salad, and he used to get the porterhouse steak but I think last time he got the cowboy steak. Then we usually share a dessert. Personally, after all that, I could do without dessert!

I heard that you can get as many appetizers and desserts as you want but only one entrée. Is that true?

Also we will be cruising with the baby they don't charge an extra person for a baby that's nine months old do they?

Was not impressed with the cowboy ribeye. Tasted my husband's spice rubbed ribeye and it was MUCH better. If I ever go again, I will probably try surf and turf instead. The shrimp cocktail was very GOOD! Crab cake was OK, escargot was OK, but I prefer the MDR version. I wasn't a fan of the cheesecake either.

I start off with the Amuse Bouche, then have the shrimp cocktail or crab cake, onion soup, caesar salad, one of the meat choices with peppercorn sauce, wasabi potatoes, creamed spinach and one of the homemade ice creams. In general, I feel the dessert choices are the worst quality wise at the steakhouse comparing the different course choices. The Bitter n Blanc and the Grand Marnier souffle from the MDR blow any of the steakhouse dessert choices out of the water.

Also, the venue is no place for a 9 month old child. The steakhouse is where you dine for about 2 hours. You take a 9 month old to a place where you eat in about an hour.

If you want to eat....go to the buffet.

If you want to eat better....go to the MDR.

If you want to dine....go to the steakhouse.

I heard that you can get as many appetizers and desserts as you want but only one entrée. Is that true?

Also we will be cruising with the baby they don't charge an extra person for a baby that's nine months old do they?

No entree? No charge.

But it's not unlimited appetizers and desserts. They may give you "some" if you ask, and may not. But you'll certainly be stuffed without the extras.

Hi Dixie :)

During my previous 16-day voyage with Carnival aboard the Splendor I

ordered the prime rib eye steak. YUM!!

I also requested a vanilla milkshake to have with my prime rib entree from

the Coffee Shop that has specialty coffees, cakes, cookies, pastries and

milkshakes. Love a shake with a steak. Tipped our server well for that

request.

Actually ate in the steakhouse 3 times during that particular voyage. Had

the prime rib eye & milkshake twice, and lobster for the 3rd meal. My tummy

just rumbled, LOL!

Have a wonderful day Dixie!

:)