35 Hour Sale

camper49

I just found this deal and thought I'd missed out but looks like they extended it another 24 hours until midnight tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to pull together a cruise in that short notice but the prices are definitely lower than anything I've ever booked over about a dozen cruises.

If I'm not able to book something, how often do they run these kinds of sales? I'll definitely keep my eyes open for it next time!

This is the first time in all my years of cruising that we have been able to take advantage of a great sale like this one!

I sure wish we were not getting screwed over on this :(. Booked with my PVP during the Halloween sale for a GTY Balcony and paid in full as required for the Dec 11 sailing from PC. Well now the price has dropped for the GTY Balcony by more than $120 and I cannot get the price or the refund or OBC according to my PVP. I said will then cancel this booking and rebook me under the 35 hour sale.... no I would have to pay a penalty that is more than the $120 that I would save. BUT I can upgrade to a Obstructed Jr Suite.... no because then I have to pay the difference of $143 and that is an "obstructed" cabin with a smaller balcony but little bigger room, that would be stupid, I get the balcony to have a balcony. Now the Carnival sight is down so I cannot go check on a Grand Suite price. This price drop stuff sucks.:mad:

check the price on your 35 hour sale rate! I just found another price drop on our cruise that saves us an additional $40 a cabin. I'll take whatever I can get...that's two price drops in the same sale in 24 hours! :D

No drop on ours...if it does drop again today I am jumping into the pool! Last night I got as far as hitting the submit button on

The ES form and changed my mind!

Ugh!!! I'm dying cause of this sale. Booked far in advance ES for Feb 20, 11 day cruise. Grabbed an aft wrap for $3256.50. If we give up our aft wrap for a balcony guarantee the price goes to $1528.50. That's over a 50% savings!!!

Really wanted the aft wrap, but thinking I just can't justify it now.

Ugh!!! I'm dying cause of this sale. Booked far in advance ES for Feb 20, 11 day cruise. Grabbed an aft wrap for $3256.50. If we give up our aft wrap for a balcony guarantee the price goes to $1528.50. That's over a 50% savings!!!

Yikes! Tough decision. That's a lot of money!

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

I booked es and picked my room, when I call they say Im not eligible for the 35 hr savings. Does this sound right?

Yes, that sounds about right unless you want to give up your room and ES and let Carnival pick your room (GTY), then you could get the 35 hr sale and no more price drops, I believe since you will no longer be ES.

If you give up your es status, you can take advantage of the sale. This means you cannot come back and ask for another change if prices fall again. You will also lose any special OBC or come on you may have received( special dinner for free?) when you booked the es. This is what I understand. I would phone again.

I would dump that aft wrap SOOOOOO fast - is the difference between an unknown balcony and that aft wrap really worth $1700 to you?? I could see the hesitation if you were moving from an aft wrap to an inside, but... if I'd be getting a balcony somewhere on that ship AND keeping $1700 in my pocket, I wouldn't even think twice!!!

Did anyone start with a guarantee room rate from the Halloween sale? I talked to my TA and he said the only thing I could do was upgrade to a selected room and that wouldn't be a savings.

Yes....

I sure wish we were not getting screwed over on this :(. Booked with my PVP during the Halloween sale for a GTY Balcony and paid in full as required for the Dec 11 sailing from PC. Well now the price has dropped for the GTY Balcony by more than $120 and I cannot get the price or the refund or OBC according to my PVP. I said will then cancel this booking and rebook me under the 35 hour sale.... no I would have to pay a penalty that is more than the $120 that I would save. BUT I can upgrade to a Obstructed Jr Suite.... no because then I have to pay the difference of $143 and that is an "obstructed" cabin with a smaller balcony but little bigger room, that would be stupid, I get the balcony to have a balcony. Now the Carnival sight is down so I cannot go check on a Grand Suite price. This price drop stuff sucks.:mad:

:confused: You knew the terms when you booked (or at least should have known) and were apparently happy with the price at the time. Not sure how you think you were "screwed over."

Let me make it simple. I buy a toaster for $95 and don't us it, and a week later it is on sale for $45. I return it and or at some places just take the receipt (SAMS CLUB) back and get the difference. When I bought this my PVP did not say that there were different rules than my normal ES buys over the last 5 years. Additionally, the PVP said "I HAD TO GET IT TODAY BEFORE MIDNIGHT" so figured this was going to be the lowest possible pricing. Also you do not get to see the terms and small print of a "SALE" until after you book. So now I have my toaster and they will not let me return it without a very costly re-stocking fee. See why I say it sucks?

Let me make it simple. I buy a toaster for $95 and don't us it, and a week later it is on sale for $45. I return it and or at some places just take the receipt (SAMS CLUB) back and get the difference. When I bought this my PVP did not say that there were different rules than my normal ES buys over the last 5 years. Additionally, the PVP said "I HAD TO GET IT TODAY BEFORE MIDNIGHT" so figured this was going to be the lowest possible pricing. Also you do not get to see the terms and small print of a "SALE" until after you book. So now I have my toaster and they will not let me return it without a very costly re-stocking fee. See why I say it sucks?

You can't compare this to buying an item. If you want to be comparable, trying pairing against airline fares.

Other than Southwest Airlines, unless you pay more for the unrestricted airfare, you're stuck with whatever price you found on cheap airline tickets for com.

It's always a gamble when you buy a cruise. When you book your cruise, you should be happy with the price you paid because it's not a guarantee it will ever go down....nor is it a guarantee that you'll get any sort of refund or upgrade.

Just how it works.

I booked es and picked my room, when I call they say Im not eligible for the 35 hr savings. Does this sound right?

No, but you do have to give up your 'picked room' and go into the gty pool where Carnival assigns your room for you.

We moved from 4K(French door, obstructed view) to an 8E(balcony) and saved $170.00.

I would dump that aft wrap SOOOOOO fast - is the difference between an unknown balcony and that aft wrap really worth $1700 to you?? I could see the hesitation if you were moving from an aft wrap to an inside, but... if I'd be getting a balcony somewhere on that ship AND keeping $1700 in my pocket, I wouldn't even think twice!!!

I second that thinking!!

We dumped it. Couldn't pass up the savings.

Thank you all who responded to my question. I wound up calling carnival for the third time and actually got $138.98 obc. The gentleman I spoke with stated I would still be ES. Don't know if that is correct but even if i'm not i'm not complaining. One more question, Where would I find the obc on the carnival website? I'm assuming it would be under "manage my cruise" but not sure where I would see it at or how long it takes to see it. Again thank you to those that answer

Edited by sweeper94

Thank you all who responded to my question. I wound up calling carnival for the third time and actually got $138.98 obc. The gentleman I spoke with stated I would still be ES. Don't know if that is correct but even if i'm not i'm not complaining. One more question, Where would I find the obc on the carnival website? I'm assuming it would be under "manage my cruise" but not sure where I would see it at or how long it takes to see it. Again thank you to those that answer

The OBC will show up under "my cruise details". It may take a few days as I was told, mine did show up 2 days later as a credit. It will be under miscellaneous charges.