1st cruise as a Diamond, what should I expect?

islegroove

Forget the signs......YOU ARE A DIAMOND NOW AND ACT AS SUCH!....Signs? Pish Posh....Just stride out the door with the drink in your hand and laugh....and if ANY servant challenges you state proudly "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"................With ROYALTY come privilege.............:rolleyes:

I have been called out a couple times when leaving with a drink. The sign is there. No excuses. It's not worth the embarrassment to me. But I happen learned they typically don't say anything if you are leaving with a little bit left in your drink. But if you get a new drink and try to leave soon after getting it, I guess it depends how lucky you feel.

Personally, I think it's crazy they embarrass people over this. They called out my 80yo dad for waking out of the concierge lounge with half a drink. There should be some privileges that come with age.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Diamond lounge on Allure is nice as it overlooks the Promenade. Great place to go and watch the parades in the promenade. But enjoy it on your upcoming cruise as I hear they are moving it down to deck 4 next year during dry dock as they recently did on Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

sorry, duplicate info

Edited by CVU

Actually, I do have a question. Can you take drinks with you out of the Diamond Lounge?

We have never had a problem taking a full glass of wine out when we leave. I've never seen the sign (maybe I wasn't paying attention). I think I read somewhere that it's now allowed.

Probably the best answer is that it depends on the ship...

I think the policy changed about taking drinks out. After all, you can just go to the closest bar and get another one. We have had no problems taking drinks with us. You don't have to order an alcoholic drink. It was nice to go and get a soda up in the lounge too. The hot appies are also nice. Loved the 24 hour coffee machine.

And, the free pictures are awesome. And, any dining changes seem to be made very quickly. And, priority tendering. Being Diamond has been WONDERFUL!!! :D

Is the behind the scenes tour the same as the All access tour that they sell for $150 ? I am thinking no but had to ask. Hope it hasn't been answered already. Thanks.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Is the behind the scenes tour the same as the All access tour that they sell for $150 ? I am thinking no but had to ask. Hope it hasn't been answered already. Thanks.

Denise

The behind the scenes tour is maybe 30 minutes in the theater. The All Access tour is more than 3 hours and covers many areas of the ship, such as the bridge, engine control room, theater, galley, crew areas, etc.

They ask you not to on the flyers and "rules" but from what I saw, it was frequently done... So I had for follow suit and usually took my last drink with me somewhere. ;)

Actually, I do have a question. Can you take drinks with you out of the Diamond Lounge?

Best perk for us is the nightly cocktails. Unlimited in the Diamond Lounge, or otherwise 3 per sea pass card per evening to use at various bars around the ship.

Hi, during my next cruise (B2B2B onboard Mariner late December/early January) I'll reach Diamond level... I'm solo traveller and because I'm not sure to understand every word or explanation in English I receive onboard (I speak Italian and I try to speak or understanding English but sometimes it's hard for me, sorry) ill ask to you here...

About beverages, you know if this perks are for all cruises and all ships? When you tell about drinks or cocktails you mean every type or only non-alcoholics?

Eventually someone can say to me if it's possible to know what perks I have (at beginning of a cruise) using interactive tv?

And about free internet, how it works?

Thanks for all answers

Ciao by Elena

H...About beverages, you know if this perks are for all cruises and all ships? When you tell about drinks or cocktails you mean every type or only non-alcoholics? ...

Your perks will be detailed in a letter you will have in your stateroom when you board.

Kidness does matter. We have found that being nice and asking for help as for getting the free internet time at the guest relations desk they look foward to helping you out registering to get your free internet use, take your ipad or laptop with you or smart phone.

I often see people act like they are entitled and complain and it gets them nowhere fast.

As for drinks and such guidelines are there but found that most of the staff want you to have a Royal experience and what I noticed that if you tip the waiters in the diamond lounge they become really helpful and attentive to you ever more so. The vouchers on your card are there for a preset list of wine, beer and liquour that does not specify for what drinks. I asked a bar tender what drinks should I expect? He said here are the rules, read them off... He said, I will work with you. I gave him a nice tip right off the bat and trough out the week, anything I asked for he took care of me no charge. There were times I had drinks passed over to me and he didn't even ask for my seapass to use the voucher. Again, a little bit of gratuity goes a long way, I usually tipped a 2 dollars per drink, remember there is no charge at all on your seapass so I just gave out cash. Lots of smiles in returns with thank yous. :)

Hi, during my next cruise (B2B2B onboard Mariner late December/early January) I'll reach Diamond level... I'm solo traveller and because I'm not sure to understand every word or explanation in English I receive onboard (I speak Italian and I try to speak or understanding English but sometimes it's hard for me, sorry) ill ask to you here...

About beverages, you know if this perks are for all cruises and all ships? When you tell about drinks or cocktails you mean every type or only non-alcoholics?

Eventually someone can say to me if it's possible to know what perks I have (at beginning of a cruise) using interactive tv?

And about free internet, how it works?

Thanks for all answers

Ciao by Elena

Don't expect much if you have a cruise booked on the explorer of the seas. They have no diamond concierge so as diamond they moved us around kicked us out of the Viking crown lounge then kicked us out of the card room where diamond plus were at. And told us to go to the chamber where we were offered wine and peanuts. We called it the cave and never went back. We then went to use our three drinks at the aquarium lounge( boleros ) if you been on the EOS before. And the bar staff there treated us as royalty. We spent every night there and loved the staff. Gave one or two dollars for each drink on average and three to five as we left each night. They made up for our earlier diamond experience. The explanation from guest relations was until after their upgrade in march - April they will not jab a diamond concierge or anything more than peanuts in the chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree that the balcony discount and the cocktail hour are the best perks. but, there are others we like.

DH and I are both D so we each get a free photo. [any that are printed--no special orders] We cruise 2-3 times a year so we do not need many photos, but it is nice to have a couple.

The list of perks says 30 mins each of internet time. However, on our last cruise we each got an hour. That was plenty of time to email the kids and check the weather or print our airline tickets.

I felt like I have reached the promised land when we finally got to diamond. [just 2 cruises as D]

Is there a good time to say, "In your face Gold, Platinum and Emerald!"?

Maybe when we board a couple of minutes early? I know I will be eyeballing them when I board Oasis in 2016.

Kidding folks! When I am finally diamond the graphic in my signature will be wearing a blue collar.

One more question: Can the 3 drink vouchers be used anytime or just coinciding w/Diamond Lounge cocktail hour?

Just coinciding with the DL cocktail hours. The vouchers also cannot be accumulated, i.e., if you don't use all 3 one evening, they expire and you start out with 3 the next evening.

Sorry....one more ?. Can you get bottled water either in the DL or by using a drink coupon? I believe you can get canned soda?

I've never seen bottled water in the DL/CL. Bottled water is not on the list of DL/CL beverages available via voucher. You can get soda in the lounges or using the voucher.