Book now or wait until after we turn Diamond

Sass4

I am always looking to book my next cruise. :)

After our Feb cruise we will be Diamond. We usually book JS and there is a better discount after Diamond, right?

I just wonder if we should wait because if I am reading on these boards right, if I want a price reduction I have to re-book the whole thing?

I am always looking to book my next cruise. :)

After our Feb cruise we will be Diamond. We usually book JS and there is a better discount after Diamond, right?

I just wonder if we should wait because if I am reading on these boards right, if I want a price reduction I have to re-book the whole thing?

Yes, your balcony discount will increase about $100 at the Diamond level.

Hard to say when to book because it would require knowing what prices will do in the next 3 months.

In any case, you should not have to rebook anything to get a price drop before final payment date.

I would rather have a reservation for the room I want than save $100. In the big picture, $100 likely isn't much compared to the overall cruise cost vacation cost, esp in a JS.

If you were in 'inside cabin budget' my answer would be different.

In that case there would have been no question for you to answer differently to as there is no diamond discount for inside cabins.

Yes, your balcony discount will increase about $100 at the Diamond level.

Hard to say when to book because it would require knowing what prices will do in the next 3 months.

In any case, you should not have to rebook anything to get a price drop before final payment date.

They have stopped giving you the upgraded discount on cruises you have already booked. We became Diamond after our October cruise and had three others booked. We switched ships for one of our cruises and that was the only way we were able to get the Diamond discount.

With this being said, I would still rather have my JS at a reasonable price than the extra $100 discount!

Edited by Karemark

They have stopped giving you the upgraded discount on cruises you have already booked. We became Diamond after our October cruise and had three others booked. We switched ships for one of our cruises and that was the only way we were able to get the Diamond discount.

With this being said, I would still rather have my JS at a reasonable price than the extra $100 discount!

You can still get the increased discount from going from Emerald to Diamond as long as you are before final payment and the price of the cruise has not increased in price. Essentially they will reprice the cruise if you are trying to claim the higher discount and in a lot of cases it us not advantageous to do this.

Ok, you all talked me into it...off to look at 10 night cruises...wish there were more to choose from and on Larger ships!

Consider a B2B on the Liberty. Either a 5 day and a 4 day or two 5 days. She does 3 different itineraries. Liberty does these itineraries until end of April 2015 then the Indy will do the same itineraries starting in the fall of 2015 until spring 2016.