Are flip flops frowned on in dining room, not formal nite?

lilmsonry

Samsara, I don't wear flip flops at all. I hate having that thingie between my toes. Now I have seen some high heel sandals that have just the strap between the toes, and those are nice, but I think rubber soled flip flops are not dinnerwear. So if that means my fashion sense is bad, then I guess so, whatever.

trendy and fashion are totally different.

Those stupid flip flops with the great big flower glued to the front was trendy for some women, they were never stylish. No you wouldn't wear them to the pool, but you shouldn't buy them either.

As for the leather ones, Cute! They are. But not for a dining room.

(bebop not the hubby)

Flip flops are in style now and any type will be accepted in the dining room as long as they arent dirty and covered in mud. Everyone is wearing them these days and they are totally acceptable. It is your vacation, wear what you like.

You go girl.

Did you notice the ad at the top of the page. How appropriate. :D

I love flip flops and I wear them everywhere. My tootsies are going to be crying in heels on formal night. I don't wear them to often. I wear tennis shoes to worn and flip flops most every where else. My kids laugh at me cuz I have so many pairs.

I think it kinda breaks down to the line. I myself would not wear flip-flops, i think you get away with a nice pair of sandals, but not flip-flops. However if you were cruising on a higher-end line like Celebrity or HAL,i would say no sandals either. I think you could get away with sandals, not flip-flops though on Carnival, RCCL or Norwegian.

Like BlueHorizons said "It is your vacation, wear what you like." There are biiger things to worry about than this, like where is my next foo-foo drink with the umbrella in it.

Enjoy you're vacation. Don't stress about what others are doing it isn't worth it. People will do things you don't like forever more. On my last cruise I saw a guy come to the dining room in Levi's and a white t shirt (the kind one would wear under a button up shirt). I'm not going to let that spoil the vacation I've worked so hard to pay for. How boring this world would be if eeryone liked and did the same thing.

On my last cruise I saw a guy come to the dining room in Levi's and a white t shirt (the kind one would wear under a button up shirt).

You've proven the point. See how he stood out and you noticed him?

What was everybody else wearing, and be as specific as the guy in the Levi's, please.

It was formal night as I stated before. My point is that I'm not going to worry about what people are wearing and what people think about what I'm wearing. I'm not out there to impress everyone I'm looking to have a good time and that's what I plan on doing.

Heck alot of people already hate me becuase I bring my kids on vacation with me. Do you think that stops me. My kids are just as entitled to go on vacation as anyone else. Hey but thats a whole different thread. :D

On our recent Carnival cruise we were dismayed to see the "majority" of diners in jeans & flip-flops or tennis shoes most evenings. Granted this was a short cruise that attracts a younger crowd.

My children 10 & 13 like pointing this out, since I made sure they had what I consider to be proper cruising attire (slacks/polo shirt, hard dress shoes) for the non-formal nights.

I guess times are changing, but I still enjoy "dressing for" dinner, as to me that's part of the cruise experience.

Archived