Tell me your guarantee success/fails

hlb76

• 2 months later...

IMO a guarantee is a success if it gets you a cabin on the cruise of your choice at a good price. So there are really no "fails", as long as you get at least the minimum category you agreed upon. If you get a better room than you bargained for, that's just, as the Cajuns say, "lagniappe" (a little something extra)

We did a gty on our Legend cruise. We ended up with an awesome extended balcony however we discovered that trip we do not like the motion being so far forward and high. Now we pay for mid ship lower.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sensation, U215

My complaint is really 2 fold. One why would they leave the best cabins open for the late people that the only reason they book in the first place is that the cabins are reduced so far down in price that they are almost free and not give them to the people that actually cruise the line because they like the ship and have cruised with them many times before. Number Two they dropped the price on my category of balcony after the Halloween Sale when I bought, but will not let me get OBC or a free upgrade.

GTY cannot be Early Saver so no ability to bet OBC. You can call and pay to upgrade to am aft.

Just wondering if there were any updates from those of you who were awaiting room assignments! We are still 127 days out so nothing to report here!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We had a deluxe oceanview family cabin, for our family of 4 (with extra sink outside the bathroom area) and gave our oceanview up for a gty balcony, same price. We got the assignment 30 days before sailing. Deck 8, near aft. It was perfect. We were smack dab in the middle of two elevators that we could use. The room was large and held all our clothing in the closets, each person had a shelf and a drawer. Plenty of space !! And all 4 of our large suitcases fit easily under the bed.

First time doing a gty on 7 cruises ! I would def. do it again !

My past expeirence: I Had originally booked an interior - deck 2 - on the Sunshine. A sale came up that allowed me to 'upgrade' to a guaranteed balcony for a few dollars less than the interior cabin cost!

We ended up getting a deck 8 - midship - balcony stateroom that was fantastic.

Your experience may vary, and it really depends on the ship as the Sunshine did not have many obstructed balcony staterooms that we had to worry about.

I booked 3 guaranteed inside back in December. The rooms were next to each other all the way up front, on Rivera. We upgraded to oceanview and got 3 consecutive rooms all the way back, on Rivera. On the first night, white flakes were all over the place after a shower. The water took a long time to go down the drain. I called the maintenance people 4 times within 2 hours before they finally came by to take a look at it. After an hour of "fixing" the problem using the snake in the control room outside of the rooms and calling multiple people for help, all 3 rooms were flooded with sewage water - all black. I went to the front desk to let them know I needed to move to other rooms. Instead of calling the maintenance people, one person walked with me all the way to the rooms to confirm. An hour later, we were assigned different rooms, close to someone who smoked marijuana. We went from smelling sewage to smelling marijuana. I kept seeing security near our room, but I wasn't sure if they did anything about it as the marijuana smell continued throughout the cruise. Of the 3 rooms, 2 rooms were filled with people who were first time cruisers. This is not how I want to introduce cruising to them. :)

I booked 3 guaranteed inside back in December. The rooms were next to each other all the way up front, on Rivera. We upgraded to oceanview and got 3 consecutive rooms all the way back, on Rivera. On the first night, white flakes were all over the place after a shower. The water took a long time to go down the drain. I called the maintenance people 4 times within 2 hours before they finally came by to take a look at it. After an hour of "fixing" the problem using the snake in the control room outside of the rooms and calling multiple people for help, all 3 rooms were flooded with sewage water - all black. I went to the front desk to let them know I needed to move to other rooms. Instead of calling the maintenance people, one person walked with me all the way to the rooms to confirm. An hour later, we were assigned different rooms, close to someone who smoked marijuana. We went from smelling sewage to smelling marijuana. I kept seeing security near our room, but I wasn't sure if they did anything about it as the marijuana smell continued throughout the cruise. Of the 3 rooms, 2 rooms were filled with people who were first time cruisers. This is not how I want to introduce cruising to them. :)

WOW, I am very sorry to hear this! What ship was this on?