Balcony for family of 4.

malibudez

I am planning on taking my wife and 2 boys, (12&9), on the Valor out of San Juan in March. I am looking to put us all in the same standard balcony cabin. My concern is crowding. Now we all get along pretty well, (Lol), but will we after a week of each other in close quarters? I like the fact that it is a very port intensive itinerary, thus less time shoehorned in together. Not that I am a cheapskate, but just don't have the resources to get another cabin. Thoughts appreciated from others who have conquered this feat! :)

Edited by malibudez

We did a Freedom balcony a couple years ago when our 2 were about the same age. Worked perfectly! The balcony gives a nice place to escape and enjoy the view whenever you like. The bunks work well the kids too.

With all the activities on the ship and kids club if they like that, you will all not be spending too much time in the cabin. We also did a little 'point' system when the kids could earn money for gift shop, arcade or candy with good attitude and behaviour. ;). Hey, made it happy for us all!

Happy sailing!

We've conquered this feat - three times. First two were a balcony cabin on Carnival Victory with 5 of us in the cabin and the other time was four in a balcony cabin on Carnival Glory. The balcony is your friend. When you're getting ready for dinner have two get dressed first and go spend time on the balcony while the other two are getting ready. That's the only time we ran into any "crowding" situations. The rest of the time the kids were out and about with their friends and the club groups. Just don't all plan on showers in the morning if it's an early port day.;)

With the age of your kids, I think you'll be fine. We did an ocean view with our two kids when they were about your kids' ages. This year, however, we are taking them on the

Valor in March, and we got them a room across the hall from us. We decided that it would be worth the extra $250 because my son is now over six feet tall and my daughter is taller than me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Something that I haven't tried but have heard it works well is using the spa showers. You or Mom could use the spa shower (I hear they are big!) and come back in your Carnival robe to finish getting ready.

By the way, we have cruised with our DDs from 4 & 6 to now 12 & 14 and we always make it work out. I like the rewards for good behavior that a previous poster said!

Have a great cruise!

We have a 13 year old and a 9 year old and cruise in balconies all the time. The bunk beds don't make the room seem crowded I don't think. The steward would put it all away during the day until we told him not to worry about it and leave the bed and bunk down. You'll be fine!

You'll be fine with two boys (9 and 12) in one cabin. Consider a second cabin in a few years.

We had a balcony cabin on the Glory a few years ago, with one boy on the sofa and the other on the pullman it was great. Cozy, but not crowded.

My first cruise we did 5 of us to an inside cabin

You are cruising on a port intensive cruise. You will be out more then in the cabin not counting sleeping time.

Use the shower in the spa. More room and gives your spouse the cabin shower

Upper bed will be over the sofa. This does not pull out

Use an over the door shoe holder

Keep nothing on the vanity

Store luggage under the bed. Put dirty clothes in the suitcase

Keep cabin organized or it will close in in you

What a blast my husband and I had with our two children 10 and 11 years old all in one ocean view cabin!!! We had no idea back in 2001 when we took our first cruise, how small the rooms were. It was actually comical, we laughed together so much and had no choice but to share all of our days experiences together. I know it will be tight...and forget about romance due to the fact that the kids will be literally right above you. But that being said, I wouldn't have done it any other way!!!! Enjoy this time with your children, you will have the most amazing memories and they grow up and out so fast. Have a great cruise!!!!!

Have you checked into the cost difference if you get an i side cabin for rhe kids? You don't usually pay much less for 3rd and 4th in a cabin, you might find that getting them an inside is the same price or even less. If you can get a room across the hall you will still be very close by.