Spa Pass vs. Vibe Pass on Breakaway Question

mrsbojamp

Years ago, I cruised on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda and I had read that the Spa Pass was a good idea. We were able to buy them and were so happy that we did. I loved having a quiet, non-crowded place to relax, use a small pool and jacuzzi. Now, I am booked on the Breakaway in January and have been trying to figure out if a pass would be worth it. Only problem is that there seem to be different things available- spa pass and vibe pass. Are they the same thing? Is either one worth it? How about Spice H2O?

Vibe is an outdoor, adults only sundeck with a couple hot tubs and a bar. It is not related to the spa in any way. There is no pool.

The spa on Breakaway is a typical spa that is indoors. It has a thermal pool thing, I think. It has no outside seating or sundeck.

The Vibe is an outdoor adult only area, $79 PP for the whole week. Spa is all indoors, $199 PP for the whole cruise. Spice H20 is on deck 16, is open to the public (free of charge), is adults only during day time, at night (weather permitting) becomes a Nite Club for free access for the whole family.

What is worth is up to you, we love the Spa and we are very happy we got a Spa Balcony for my cruise next week. is just a regular balcony but grants us access to the spa for the whole cruise at no extra charge.

Years ago, I cruised on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda and I had read that the Spa Pass was a good idea. We were able to buy them and were so happy that we did. I loved having a quiet, non-crowded place to relax, use a small pool and jacuzzi. Now, I am booked on the Breakaway in January and have been trying to figure out if a pass would be worth it. Only problem is that there seem to be different things available- spa pass and vibe pass. Are they the same thing? Is either one worth it? How about Spice H2O?

The Spa Pass on the Breakaway was the BEST money I spent on the ship. GREAT SPA and great views. ENJOY

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that it would be nice for those cold weather days. The Vibe would be wasted during the trip down and returning to ny. I'm just concerned that I won't use it enough during our port days (we have 6).

Not sure how many days your cruise is, but we normally buy the pass for the whole thing, and even on port days, we come back and relax for an hour or so before dinner..I will say however that my husband just got off breakaway last week and purchased 2 days only and it cost $90! So even if you use it most days it can still be worth it! Good luck and have a great time!

Not sure how many days your cruise is, but we normally buy the pass for the whole thing, and even on port days, we come back and relax for an hour or so before dinner..I will say however that my husband just got off breakaway last week and purchased 2 days only and it cost $90! So even if you use it most days it can still be worth it! Good luck and have a great time!

WOW 90.00 for just 2 days? But it does look and sound very inviting for the second day and the 11th day... for the days in between I hope to be basking in the sun and getting sand between my toes!

The

What is worth is up to you, we love the Spa and we are very happy we got a Spa Balcony for my cruise next week. is just a regular balcony but grants us access to the spa for the whole cruise at no extra charge.

We plan to get a balcony and a Spa Pass on our next Breakaway cruise.

I'm wondering what makes more sense moneywise: to book a Spa Balcony with Spa Pass included OR a regular balcony and buy Spa Pass ourselves?

Well, it's generally less expensive to buy the pass separately as the spa balcony cabins are so close to the spa and more expensive. But I have to say it is tempting to be so close. I've always wanted an Aft balcony so next time I might splurge on that and get my spa pass once on board ...tough decisions!

We plan to get a balcony and a Spa Pass on our next Breakaway cruise.

I'm wondering what makes more sense moneywise: to book a Spa Balcony with Spa Pass included OR a regular balcony and buy Spa Pass ourselves?

We had a Spa Balcony last year. It was only $100 more than a regular balcony. It was cheaper getting a Spa Balcony compared to getting a regular balcony and two spa passes. We also bought Vibe passes.

Run......do not walk to get Vibe passes. They sell 40 and that it

We had a Spa Balcony last year. It was only $100 more than a regular balcony. It was cheaper getting a Spa Balcony compared to getting a regular balcony and two spa passes. We also bought Vibe passes.

I thought that I read somewhere about Vibe cabana rentals? How do they work? Buy a pass and rent a cabana? Or did I mis-read something?

In your opinion, is the Vibe pass worth it??

Does that mean there will never be more than 40 passengers using Vibe?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that it would be nice for those cold weather days. The Vibe would be wasted during the trip down and returning to ny. I'm just concerned that I won't use it enough during our port days (we have 6).

I plan to goto the Bahamas in feb 2015.

I also think the vibe pass will be wasted for this trip.

too cold near nyc. only useful for the 4 days in the Bahamas.

We've sailed the Breakaway twice, and had spa balconies both times. We purchase the spa on each cruise that we've been. The Breakaway spa pass is expensive. We enjoy the option to sneak away from the crowds and relax.

The last sailing we did was on the January 5, 2014 12 night Southern Caribbean, we purchased Vibe as well. Things to know about Vibe:

(1) It is not always open. So, if you purchase the pass for the entire sailing, you will not be able to access is all of the time.

(2) They closed it on several occasions when the winds were to high. On our sailing, Vibe was closed about 50% of the time. Also, it will not be open unless the weather dictates.

(3) We asked for a refund and they declined. However, we wound up having a nice time in Vibe.

(4) Cabanas were underutilized and more $$. I thought they were not necessary as the loungers were fantastic and comfortable.

We are doing another 12 night on the Breakaway next month, and will likely just purchase day passes only when the weather, and Vibe, permits.