Regent Reward Points

gnomie1

At the end of the last segment, the line to redeem Regent Reward points was quite long.

My question, where and how do people acquire so many points? Some people had in excess of 50 points earned on a 16 day cruise! I did participate in a few of the activities that rewarded points but of the many people that played, only three were awarded any points. I do the daily quiz most days and have only received points on a rare occasion, although generally I have either all or almost all of the answers correct.

So, curious minds would love to know - how do you earn your points?

gnomie :)

Our whole trivia team have given our points to people. We were particularly lucky on one cruise (18 nights) our team (CC #1) won several times and gave our points to someone that was collecting them on team CC#2. Also, there are many games going on during the day on the ship where you get points. I still have a few in my suitcase that I need to give away. They are easy to get if you are collecting them. But, IMO, the rewards aren't so great. I'd rather use on board credits to get a Regent cap than pay oodles of points for them.

Some people save them from other cruises until they get enough to get the item they want.

Yes, in fact, they do. I knew a guy who had been saving them for years in hopes of getting something worthwhile, instead of a nylon duffle bag or luggage tags. Not sure if he ever did redeem them.

I'm sorry to have to say this and it is just my own opinion of course, but this all sounds very tacky to me and especially for a luxury cruise line. Surely Regent can do better than this?

Agree. However, now that "we" are owned by NCL, passengers may be savings points for a "lanyard" (had no clue what this was until I read the "general" board). :D