What's up with the Wine & Dine Package?

plowboy920

If you click the "add to cart" button and go a bit further in the process, it does say that it's a 10-bottle package (with no other options available).

Yes, I believe that you do get 20% off bottles of wine with those packages. (According to a PDF I found, 20% off is also provided by the Select package as well.)

I can't find the 10 bottle package could you give more instructions and is it only within another booze package?

I can't find the 10 bottle package could you give more instructions and is it only within another booze package?

You should check the Cruise Planner for your cruise under beverage packages and see whether the Wine & Dine package is listed for you. It's apparently only available for a few cruises next year including 8-night sailings on Independence of the Seas in the spring.

I just checked our cruise planner for a TA on the Vision April 2015. It allowed me to order the wine/dine package with offerings of 5-12 bottles.

Looks like the "Wine & Dine Package" is available on select sailings. Anyone think it's only available on TA's or non US sailings? I didn't have time to check where each ship was sailing on a given week. :D:confused:

So I called RCCL today and talked with a rep about not offering the wine package but no answer as to why when it was popular stating we were not interested in the ultimate drink packages since we only had wine with dinner. I sent my concern via email and suggestion to re-instate the wine and dine packages for the sake of loyal cruisers. I recommend everyone send a message.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do?ref=postcmnt

we have not sailed Royal Caribbean for a number of years and decided to try them again...one of the draws for us was their wine package...not offered now so unlikely we will sail with them again. I had been debating whether to purchase the wine package ahead of time for our Jan 5, 2015 cruise as it was being offered online in October. When I went to book it a week ago it had disappeared and I called RCI only to find it was gone.

I wonder how RCI will handle all the people who have purchased wine packages before they were eliminated? Will they refund your money? Will they offer some awful little list of cheap house wines ( since the wine and dine program doesn't exist anymore )? Or will they step up and honor the pre-purchased packages with good quality wines available ? Only time will tell. And in true RCI fashion, I imagine it will very wildly from ship to ship.

I wonder how RCI will handle all the people who have purchased wine packages before they were eliminated? Will they refund your money? Will they offer some awful little list of cheap house wines ( since the wine and dine program doesn't exist anymore )? Or will they step up and honor the pre-purchased packages with good quality wines available ? Only time will tell. And in true RCI fashion, I imagine it will very wildly from ship to ship.

They should do what most would do and is honour it. The wine is not being removed from the ship therefore all the choices are still there, it's a lot easier to process pre-booked packages rather than refund them.

They may possible transfer people to a drinks package and absorb the extra cost while offering a refund for those who wants one

• 3 weeks later...

I is now 6 days into January & the Wine and Dine package is still showing on cruise planner section & available to book for my Vision cruise in April.

Quantity starts at 5, 7, 10 or 12 bottle choices. Prices are still the same as in 2014. I plan on booking on board instead (if still available then). I pay in Canadian $'s so for me it is even more expensive with the conversion plus tips.

I is now 6 days into January & the Wine and Dine package is still showing on cruise planner section & available to book for my Vision cruise in April.

Quantity starts at 5, 7, 10 or 12 bottle choices. Prices are still the same as in 2014. I plan on booking on board instead (if still available then). I pay in Canadian $'s so for me it is even more expensive with the conversion plus tips. Yesterday, I received an email from Royal to "Add a special touch to my cruise" e-mail.

<sarcasm>I love Royal Caribbean's consistency.</sarcasm>

The 10 bottle package I had mentioned previously is now gone for our sailing and no wine packages are available for it.

That's a shame. I wonder what RCI's ultimate plan is. Is it merely to get rid of the wine packages and have the unlimited alcohol packages replace them? That doesn't seem like a good fit for those who only drink wine. The Select package is the best choice for them, but then that only allows house wines (those up to $8/glass).

I'd be happier if they followed NCL's model. You can bring as much wine onboard and you merely pay a $15/bottle corkage fee prior to boarding. That's a simple way to appease wine drinkers, especially with the close proximity of Total Wine. :)

I haven't been watching closely...but I have the Wine and Dine package available for my March cruise. 5, 7, 10 and 12 bottles, $165/$220/$300/$335 for an 8 night Asia cruise.

What I don't see is other beverage packages. Just the Wine and Dine and bottled water. No option to add any kind of drink package, soda, etc.

The package list has changed from what I see. For my upcoming 8-night cruise on Independence of the Seas, the Cruise Planner only offered a single package: a 10-bottle package for $300 plus 15% gratuity. There were no other choices!

This doesn't make me happy. We do very well with about one bottle per night for the two of us, especially with the Diamond drink vouchers and Diamond Lounge. With this one package choice, I'm likely to drink less wine.

I am doing the 8 day on the independence 2 weeks after i would love to hear your opinions and observations of this ship

I'm so frustrated with this change! My husband and I have always bought the Wine & Dine Package on each cruise (including Carnival cruises). We always drink it at dinner and then I carry it around for the rest of the night. I basically drink wine. I really have NO interest in a Beverage Package especially when all I can get is one choice of an $8 glass of wine or I can spend $49 a day to drink a bottle of wine a day. I think not! I guess I'll be forced to buy bottles of wine at extravagantly increased prices. It's just ridiculous! I think two things about this change. One, I think it will lower their revenue from true wine drinkers. Two, those wine drinkers may consider other cruise lines in the future. If they're concerned about DD and not wanting to keep bottles of wine for cruises, then they just need to have the cruisers take the bottles back to their rooms.

On some level it's frustrating to me that they've made it cheaper for the real overdrinkers to drink and more expensive for those of use that drink more moderately. Just speaking my mind...sorry if it offends anyone.

Cindy

I'm so frustrated with this change! My husband and I have always bought the Wine & Dine Package on each cruise (including Carnival cruises). We always drink it at dinner and then I carry it around for the rest of the night. I basically drink wine. I really have NO interest in a Beverage Package especially when all I can get is one choice of an $8 glass of wine or I can spend $49 a day to drink a bottle of wine a day. I think not! I guess I'll be forced to buy bottles of wine at extravagantly increased prices. It's just ridiculous! I think two things about this change. One, I think it will lower their revenue from true wine drinkers. Two, those wine drinkers may consider other cruise lines in the future. If they're concerned about DD and not wanting to keep bottles of wine for cruises, then they just need to have the cruisers take the bottles back to their rooms.

On some level it's frustrating to me that they've made it cheaper for the real overdrinkers to drink and more expensive for those of use that drink more moderately. Just speaking my mind...sorry if it offends anyone.

Cindy

Don't be sorry your opinion is your opinion, What I'm seeing on the web you can buy a fairly good bottle of wine for $32 + 15% I'll report back in 10 days! :)

I am doing the 8 day on the independence 2 weeks after i would love to hear your opinions and observations of this ship

I sailed on her with the 8-night itinerary both last year and two years ago. This will be our third time. As you can tell, we really like the ship and the itinerary. The crew has been great and we've had a great time in the past and I'm sure that this March's cruise will be fantastic, too.

The only thing that I know I'm going to miss is the Rock the Boat band. They played excellent music in the Pyramid Lounge. Unfortunately for us, their contract is over a few weeks before we sail. :(

On my Anthem Sailing in May I'm being given the option to book a 5, 7, 10 or 12 bottle package on my Cruise Planner....

We are on the Serenade in Feb and no option to purchase the package. I was so disappointed. When I called about it I was told that it would not be available on any sailing after Jan 2015 and that anyone who had purchased it would have their money refunded. :confused:

I haven't been watching closely...but I have the Wine and Dine package available for my March cruise. 5, 7, 10 and 12 bottles, $165/$220/$300/$335 for an 8 night Asia cruise.

What I don't see is other beverage packages. Just the Wine and Dine and bottled water. No option to add any kind of drink package, soda, etc.

And now I only have a 7 bottle package available.

And now I only have a 7 bottle package available.

Isn't that strange!

Wouldn't you think if there was anyone in the RC front office with half a brain, they would just get rid of the wine package all at once. But that's just not the they do things. They may tell some people there is no longer a wine package, yet continue to sell SOME packages on SOME ships.

I love cruising Royal and I don't know which is worse. To think they do this by negligence and ineptitude, or by intent.

I have purchased a wine package and no one has refunded my money yet. I'm sure they will keep it for as long as they can. That's one explanation I can think of to string people along this way.

But more likely, there's just no one in The front office making sure it gets done promptly and efficiently. It's like there is an entire level of mid-level managers missing. You know, the people tasked with carrying out the directives from above.

I can picture the folks in the corner offices thinking up these brilliant (or stupid) ideas and sending out a memo. This then gets passed from one person to another and everyone who touches it keeps passing it on saying " You do it, I'm to busy!"

And thus ideas like Dinamic Dining and eliminating wine packages are born and mis-managed from start to finish.

OK, I'm done ranting now!

Like I said, I love Royal, but sometimes.............:D