What's up with the Wine & Dine Package?

plowboy920

Does anyone know if they are offering this on Explorer after the dry-dock? Thanks

Seriously dougt they will bring back the Wine & Dine package. They are laser focused on the gold mine that is the unlimited beverage packages.

Seriously dougt they will bring back the Wine & Dine package. They are laser focused on the gold mine that is the unlimited beverage packages.

It's a shame they don't equally focus on the non-unlimited beverage drinkers :-(

• 2 months later...

I found this in my cruise docs for Sept. 25th 2015 on JOS, promoting it along with the drink packages and shore excursions! Now I have to ask again "What's up with the Wine & Dine Package?" Can't find anything in the Precruise Planner?

Wine Packages:

Whether you’re a wine enthusiast or just looking to reserve some of your favorites for a special occasion, pre-reserving is

a convenient way make your wine selections before you begin your cruise vacation. Plus, with our Diamond, Platinum, or

Gold Wine Packages, you can purchase select wines in advance and save up to 25% off regular list prices.

As you've read here, wine packages don't exist any longer. They've been gone for quite some time now.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the folks who manage the content for the e-docs apparently haven't gotten around to removing that bit of outdated information.

As you've read here, wine packages don't exist any longer. They've been gone for quite some time now.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the folks who manage the content for the e-docs apparently haven't gotten around to removing that bit of outdated information.

I agree, very good answer, however this has not been mentioned In our last E-Docs. :confused:

Strange... I just checked my e-docs from my last cruise in March and there was just a generic mention of "wine, water, or soda packages" available, nothing as detailed as what you saw.

Yes! A little jealous you cruised in March, I'm going back to our cruise on Oasis in Jan! Nothing mentioned when I started this thread about any wine & dine then, now they throw it in the cruise Doc's? Are they bringing it back? THANK YOU TO THE 20,000+ Viewers!

I agree they've been gone as a pre-purchase option, but DW and Igot a nice surprise when we were on the Radiance in June (Alaska). We'd decided to just go ala carte, but when we got to the MDR the first night we found they were advertising the 3-5-7 bottle wine package! We immediately signed up for the 5 bottle option and it worked just like previous cruises. We asked about the discrepancy and were told that it's now offered on a ship-by-ship basis.

Of course, this makes it difficult to make plans, but for us we'll skip the drink packages and see how our luck holds for future cruises.

Edited by swingking

I agree they've been gone as a pre-purchase option, but DW and Igot a nice surprise when we were on the Radiance in June (Alaska). We'd decided to just go ala carte, but when we got to the MDR the first night we found they were advertising the 3-5-7 bottle wine package! We immediately signed up for the 5 bottle option and it worked just like previous cruises. We asked about the discrepancy and were told that it's now offered on a ship-by-ship basis.

Of course, this makes it difficult to make plans, but for us we'll skip the drink packages and see how our luck holds for future cruises.

Did they put a sticker on you card for nights you may do a specialty restaurant?