What's up with the Wine & Dine Package?

plowboy920

We always prebook a Wine & Dine Package online before our cruise. Our next cruise is on the Oasis in early Jan. After final payment, when I tried to book it I would get "can't add to reservation at this time, call customer support" so I called and was told be patient there are changes happening. So my question is, now the Wine & Dine package does not show up under beverage packages when I'm logged in or in the What to Know Before You Go section like it has been in the past. Did RCL do away with it? :confused:

There's been nothing announced by Royal with regard to the wine package, which is nothing new as every change they make has to be a big secret. However, I cannot add the wine package to any of our bookings either, so my guess is that something is up with the package.

There's been nothing announced by Royal with regard to the wine package, which is nothing new as every change they make has to be a big secret. However, I cannot add the wine package to any of our bookings either, so my guess is that something is up with the package.

thanks for the post! Do you think are going away from it in exchange for the beverage packages?

thanks for the post! Do you think are going away from it in exchange for the beverage packages?

I'd be surprised if they go away from the wine package, because it's really totally different than what you get with the beverage package. The wine package is mostly geared towards wine with dinner.

I also had problems and was not able to purchase it before our most recent cruise. I guess they would rather turn away income, than fix their web site. I don't think it has anything to do specifically with the wine packages, as it would not allow us to buy water either. It's just a dysfunctional shopping cart.

I'd be surprised if they go away from the wine package, because it's really totally different than what you get with the beverage package. The wine package is mostly geared towards wine with dinner.

I agree! Just seems strange the Wine & Dine has disapeared from the web but they are pushing the beverage package with wine by the glass? I had the wine menu last week now it seems to be nonexistent.

We always prebook a Wine & Dine Package online before our cruise. Our next cruise is on the Oasis in early Jan. After final payment, when I tried to book it I would get "can't add to reservation at this time, call customer support" so I called and was told be patient there are changes happening. So my question is, now the Wine & Dine package does not show up under beverage packages when I'm logged in or in the What to Know Before You Go section like it has been in the past. Did RCL do away with it? :confused:

How many days until you cruise? Sometimes the Cruise Planner booking engine doesn't come on line until the cruise date is 45 days or less.

I just did a dummy booking for the wine package on our upcoming cruise and had no problems, so it doesn't look like it's gone away. Be patient and keep trying.

It seems that Royal is not interested anymore in fine dining.

Chefs table is cancelled or downscaled (read about it on Quantum). Dynamic dining is installed, no more wine packages... The wines from the select package are really not my taste and I do not intend to buy a premium package just for my 2 glasses of wine with dinner. So we will buy a bottle now and than. We would spend more money having the wine package. Only thing is we are not sure about the changes. So let us wait and see 😉 I can always switch to Holland America Line.

Maybe Celebrity which is the same company. I think they want us to switch to Celebrity for fine dining. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by harola

How many days until you cruise? Sometimes the Cruise Planner booking engine doesn't come on line until the cruise date is 45 days or less.

I just did a dummy booking for the wine package on our upcoming cruise and had no problems, so it doesn't look like it's gone away. Be patient and keep trying.

I also was able to select a wine package this morning on an upcoming cruise, but I was not able to do that yesterday. This cruise is less than two weeks away.

The package list has changed from what I see. For my upcoming 8-night cruise on Independence of the Seas, the Cruise Planner only offered a single package: a 10-bottle package for $300 plus 15% gratuity. There were no other choices!

This doesn't make me happy. We do very well with about one bottle per night for the two of us, especially with the Diamond drink vouchers and Diamond Lounge. With this one package choice, I'm likely to drink less wine.

Still nothing for my B2B Oasis in February, nor any reply from my enquiry email to RCCLS 2 weeks ago. I did get a message today suggesting I book beverage packages ....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I went on the RC website today after reading this thread, and that some reservations were showing the wine package. I still can't purchase a wine package for the Oasis. It's not listed at all in the cruise planner. A few weeks ago it was listed, but I could not add to cart, and would get an error message and to contact RC Support. I contacted RC and they couldn't add the wine package either. I also sent in an on-line Support email with the details on the cruise planner, but have not heard back from RC.

I'm not interested in buying the drink packages. The beer & wine package is $8/glass wine, and there is usually only one of those wines on-board the ship, not in every bar, and not the wine I particularly like. So, then you're left with a premium $49/day package for $12/glass wine. 7 day cruise of $343 drink package versus 7 bottle wine package for $220. And...I was going to buy the 5 bottle wine package, which makes a bigger $ diff.

I hope this is just a website issue and wine packages are still available on-board. It seems strange that Quantum didn't offer them.

Update: I looked at my cruise in 2016 on the Radiance and the wine & dine package is listed. Go figure!

Edited by cruisebirdie

Thank You all for your comments, it seems we are all having the same concerns, problems and desire to have a 5 or 7 bottle wine package. Our cruise is 50 days out so we'll see what happens next week. I keep getting E-mails about booking beverage package but have no desire to buy a package. I know RCL moniters these threads maybe we'll get an answer :confused::D

On the phone with RC this morning to have dinner reservations modified. I asked about the wine & dine package and was told by the rep his notes stated that as of Jan 1 2015 the wine & dine package has been discontinued (fleet wide).:eek: I guess that means buying wine by the bottle at full menu price.:(

On the phone with RC this morning to have dinner reservations modified. I asked about the wine & dine package and was told by the rep his notes stated that as of Jan 1 2015 the wine & dine package has been discontinued (fleet wide).:eek: I guess that means buying wine by the bottle at full menu price.:(

Disappointed to hear this.

Disappointed[emoji35]. Royal is finding new and creative ways to test my loyalty on a weekly basis.

What wines are included in the $8/glass level?

I can't think of any besides the house wine, St. Martin.

I have just added a 5 bottle wine & dine package to our May 2015 Enchantment sailing.

But if things do change, then with being able to take 2 bottles on board and no corkage fee being charged we'll only be purchasing a couple of bottles onboard for dinner at RCI prices. After May 2015 our next 2 cruises are not on RCI in 2015 so I won't be affected until our next RCI in 2016.

Losing my affection for RCI by the week.

For what its worth, I finally heard back from Royal Caribbean. Unfortunately, I have little faith the information in the reply is accurate.

They informed me, and I quote, "Unfortunately, the wine and dine package has been discontinued and there is currently nothing available to take its place".

Interesting that its still on their web site and apparently people are still able to pre-purchase it....

For what its worth, I finally heard back from Royal Caribbean. Unfortunately, I have little faith the information in the reply is accurate.

They informed me, and I quote, "Unfortunately, the wine and dine package has been discontinued and there is currently nothing available to take its place".

Interesting that its still on their web site and apparently people are still able to pre-purchase it....

Helps with their cash flow.;)