FLL Pre-Cruise Hotel Suggestion (with transportation)

baseballmom94

March = spring break for many others head to FLA, which is why you are seeing high prices. If you are going at the end of March you will also run into even more demand from those on an Easter break.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info. I would book soemthing now that you can live with and then keep shopping. I would also not limit my choices to only those offer "free" airport and port shuttles - taxis in the area are not expensive (FLL to PE for about $15).

Good luck! :)

I would not limit yourself to included transportation. Nothing is free and you pay for it anyway. On the day of embarkation take a taxi rather than a shuttle.

I too would book now and then watch prices. If they go down you can always get the better price but they might go up and remember demand now is very high so I think there is more chance for prices going up than down.

Keith

My teen daughter and I will be staying one night in FLL before our Sunday cruise in March. I just need a clean hotel in a safe area that would provide both an airport shuttle and shuttle to the port. The prices are insane...any suggestions? Thanks!

A budget and dates would help to narrow down the suggestions? :confused:

We just stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Dania. Shuttles (free) from the airport and to the pier - great service and not a far ride.

Shopping center across the street with Kmart, BJ wholesale club, Home Depot, and a number of fast food places. Dave and Busters nearby, your daughter might enjoy that.

Rooms were very comfortable and large, with a sitting area. Has in-room coffee and microwave.

Good free breakfast, coffee in lobby all the time, and free wifi in rooms and computers in the lobby. Friendly staff.

Prices are generally reasonable (but all FLL hotels are expensive during the peak season).

DaveOKC

I just booked the new Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port and Airport for myself and my son for a pre cruise in March. It has free airport transportation and an $8/pp shuttle to the port. It just opened a few weeks ago.

Edited by UK Fan 78

My teen daughter and I will be staying one night in FLL before our Sunday cruise in March. I just need a clean hotel in a safe area that would provide both an airport shuttle and shuttle to the port. The prices are insane...any suggestions? Thanks!

Don't limit yourselves to hotels with shuttle service ESPECIALLY when it is peak season. You'll probably end up taking a cab or Uber anyway because they are so busy.

Any of the hotels on 17th Street are a short and inexpensive cab ride from the airport and cruise port.

We stayed post-cruise in the Courtyard by Marriott on Ft. Lauderdale beach. It was great! Although they have a shuttle, they wanted to charge 25.00 per person to the airport. I told them it would be MUCH less by taking a taxi. They actively pressured us to take the shuttle saying there is no way a taxi to the airport would be less than 50.00 for us. For my wife and I, it only cost 13.70 plus a few bucks tip, a LOT less expensive than 50.00 plus tip from the shuttle.

A few reasons we chose this hotel is they are beachfront! There are also shops and sidewalk cafes all along the beachfront that we were able to go to. They also have a HUGE deck with a bar, overlooking the boardwalk and it was quite relaxing to just sit there, enjoy a few glasses of wine while people watching.

Plus, there is a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co restaurant right below the deck, we had lunch there and the food was good and reasonably priced.

You need to let us know the exact date and what you consider "sane" pricing. Hotels near the port will be more than airport hotels. However be careful which you book, as some are near nothing. Cabs are inexpensive (under $20) to the ports. So don't let shuttles limit your choices.