Room 415 - any experience?

A.Emgee

Anybody care to post their experience with this stateroom on the PG? It is a slightly larger accessible category E that can accomodate 3 with a rollaway. Is it noisy? Better than the sofabed? Can it be booked by mobile individuals or is it restricted to those who need a wheelchair? Does it have a regular tub or roll-in shower? Thanks for any help!

Go over and read a few threads on the Disabled Cruisers forum, about how difficult it can be for them to find an appropriate cabin. I think this is the only wheelchair accessible cabin. Don't know if you are allowed to book it or not, but if you have a choice, and you are not disabled, it's wrong for you to book such a cabin.

Edited by 6rugrats

Our adult daughter has slept in both types of 3rd person beds aand found both to be comfortable (she's 5 feet 8 inches. She found the sofa bed to have a slight edge.

Thanks for your input!

Why was the sofa bed more comfortable? More room? Better cushion?

Any difference in the bathroom?

Accessible bathrooms have roll in showers so that those in a wheelchair can transfer from their chair to the shower seat.

Please, unless you need an accessible cabin, and the only accessible cabin on this ship, don't book it because you think having a bigger cabin would be cool. Remember, someday you or someone you love might really NEED an accessible cabin, and if able bodied persons book them, you might not be able to cruise. Also, most lines will ask you to sign a statement asking why you need an accessible cabin--not sure if PG does.

My DD finds the sofa beds really bad on the PG. Exception is deck 8 which has a very comfy sofa bed.

However since the third is free and since all of us love the PG she is happy to suffer the uncomfortable bed for the trip.

Accessible bathrooms have roll in showers so that those in a wheelchair can transfer from their chair to the shower seat.

Please, unless you need an accessible cabin, and the only accessible cabin on this ship, don't book it because you think having a bigger cabin would be cool. Remember, someday you or someone you love might really NEED an accessible cabin, and if able bodied persons book them, you might not be able to cruise. Also, most lines will ask you to sign a statement asking why you need an accessible cabin--not sure if PG does.

Thank you kitty9. I always enjoy reading your posts. Not sure if PG must comply with regulations that require booking only by wheelchair bound passengers, but unless this was the last available cabin left on the ship, non-disabled passengers should not be able to book it. Especially since there is only one wheel chair accessible cabin on the entire ship.

And on my PG cruise, there were plenty of passengers using canes, walkers and wheelchairs, that could have used such a cabin.

Thank you kitty9. I always enjoy reading your posts. Not sure if PG must comply with regulations that require booking only by wheelchair bound passengers, but unless this was the last available cabin left on the ship, non-disabled passengers should not be able to book it. Especially since there is only one wheel chair accessible cabin on the entire ship.

And on my PG cruise, there were plenty of passengers using canes, walkers and wheelchairs, that could have used such a cabin.

Being that PG does not have any USA Based ships nor is the cruise that the OP is booking is embarking from a USA port, than the USA regulations do not apply. Unless the country/port of embarkation has specific rules/law that apply and or PG as cruise line has specific regulations that should be imposed than regrettably it may be possible that the room might be able to be booked by an abled-body person.

However it should be noted that since there is only one accessible cabin on the entire ship than the OP should have a moral & ethical responsibility NOT to book such a cabin being that it would be booked solely for the extra room and not for the need of the accessible features.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Most of the PG itineraries have tender ports so it would be a tough trip for a disabled person. Of course it would depend on the amount of the disability.

Though I have seen the able bodied seamen actually carry a passenger in and out of the tenders so I am sure every assistance would be given to passengers who need it.

Most of the PG itineraries have tender ports so it would be a tough trip for a disabled person. Of course it would depend on the amount of the disability.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of an able bodied passenger trying to book the only cabin on the PG that is wheelchair accessible.

Just to clarify, I was inquiring about room 415 not because I wanted to book it for extra space, but on my specific very full sailing it could be the only remaining category E room that can accommodate three passengers.

PG told me that it is open to book for anybody, but in the event that someone actually needs an accessible cabin, the able bodied occupants would be moved to another stateroom. There should be no reason that those passengers with canes, walkers, and wheelchairs could not book this cabin and/or bump able-bodied persons from this cabin, but perhaps they actually preferred a balcony or verandah, etc.?

Anyhow, in my instance a non-accessible stateroom looks to have become available, which works well for me as I need a tub!

Thanks for the input everybody.

Edited by A.Emgee

Just to clarify, I was inquiring about room 415 not because I wanted to book it for extra space, but on my specific very full sailing it could be the only remaining category E room that can accommodate three passengers.

PG told me that it is open to book for anybody, but in the event that someone actually needs an accessible cabin, the able bodied occupants would be moved to another stateroom. There should be no reason that those passengers with canes, walkers, and wheelchairs could not book this cabin and/or bump able-bodied persons from this cabin, but perhaps they actually preferred a balcony or verandah, etc.?

Anyhow, in my instance a non-accessible stateroom looks to have become available, which works well for me as I need a tub!

Thanks for the input everybody.

I believe all cabins (with perhaps one or two exceptions) on the PG have tubs.