Celebrity Century cabin reviews 1221 & 1048

Celebrity Century –will post pics soon.

I will admit that I was a bit worried about how I was going to find the ship, after reading previous reviews. But my fears were unfounded. She is beautiful, the timber around the ship made it feel old world, but very elegant.

Will try to break the review into sections, to make it easier to read the parts that may be of interest to you

I had the pleasure of travelling twice, once in a Sky Suite on deck 12. (1221) sailed with a girlfriend for this cruise. October 22nd -30th. Loved the whole experience of as Sky Suite.

Then on the second cruise in the Penthouse Suite. (1048). Sailing with family and friends .November 11th -18th

It seems unfair to review them both at the same time as it was a totally different experience’s in each . If asked, I am happy to return to the Sky Suite ,the Penthouse didn't spoil me.

Cabin review .Sorry Suite reviews.

The Sky Suite (1221) this was a very good size, plenty of storage, was still finding cupboards on the last day .The balcony was huge compered to my other cruises on P&O and Princess and Carnival. It was partly covered; it had plenty of room for the 2 loungers and the table and chairs (which could have easily had 4 chairs around it. Great for just lazing about, reading a book or having breakfast on it. Bathroom had a spa bath, which was a normal sized bath with the shower over it .The butler Elmer was wonderful, I had never had a butler before on any of my previous cruises, but he was very obliging, made us feel at home, nothing was too much for him. I found the bed hard and when he asked about my previous night’s sleep I mentioned the hardness of the bed, when we returned after breakfast, he had organised an egg crate overlay to be put on – lovely blissful sleep after that .The cabin was spotless at all times. Toiletries were replaced every day. I actually enjoyed the cabin size, thought that it was a perfect size for an even longer cruise than our 8 day cruise, I am perfectly happy to be booked into the same cabin for our 14 day South East Asian cruise next year. If you looked you could see that balcony was looking tired, but everything was neat and clean. I certainly couldn’t find anything to complain about.

Penthouse Suite. (1048). as we were travelling in a group, we made my suite the drop-in cabin. So had plenty of visitors, after the cabin crawl I extended the invitation to the Cruise Critic fellow passengers , so always had someone there, lovely, as the suite was far too big for just me alone.There was 3 huge TV's ,2 in the lounge area and 1 in the bedroom,

the suite was huge (approx 6 times bigger than the inside cabins),it was nearly bigger than my entire own home, it was done in neutral colors and had lovely polished timber floors, with press button window coverings .there was a butlers kitchen with a microwave and a side by side fridge ,taller than me.With a door to the outside for the butler, discovered my room key would open it from the outside,It had a front foyer with a hall table with a 5 inch security monitor for the entrance , there was a separate guest bathroom ,done in black marble ,the separate bedroom was huge with a king size bed angled across the room with a lacquered Chinese bedhead ,2 armchairs and a table .similar to a parents retreat in the corner .It had a separate dressing room ,a walk in wardrobe with mirrors everywhere .There was a door from the bedroom leading out to the balcony ,that had a huge table and chairs ,2 coffee tables and 2 lovely armchairs ,which were extremely comfortable ,came back from being out to the Spa ,to discover my 2 girlfriends asleep on them ,it was so funny .I had left them to enjoy my balcony as they were in an inside cabin ,and they went to sleep. There was also a whirlpool bath that fitted 2 persons as well. The other door leading to the balcony was off the lounge room.

The lounge room had a huge 3 seat lounge,2 huge leather armchairs with matching ottomans (very comfortable) plus 2 other arm chairs ,as well a lovely writing table and chair ,the dining room table had 6 chairs around it ,but there was plenty of room for another 4 chairs .

The main bathroom (light marble) had separate toilet, huge round shower with seat in it ,a huge spa bath ,that 6 people could fit into yes we have pics .Double vanity sinks .

We had a cabin crawl, started out with the inside cabin, outside cabin and a Royal suite , with the Penthouse Suite being the last to inspected ,so I had asked for nibbles to be served for 25 people ,but what we ended up with was incredible ,trays of hot food ,finger food ,trays of shrimp, sandwiches ,bottles of champagne ,which were replaced when they ran out ,jugs of fresh squeezed orange juice ,the stuffed mushrooms were brilliant. They arrive with 2 trolleys and there was 3 wait staff that delivered it. - 4 hours later, it has to be the longest cabin crawl I have ever been on. I had a ball.

Any questions about either of the cabins I can try to answer before I go on to the next section?

Cheers Deb .

Could you comment on the royal suite compared to the penthouse - thanks.

Hi Adidas4fun,

Sure can , if I had the chance I would book the Royal suite instead of the Penthouse suite ,it was done in dark timber and had a lovely feel about it ,it was much larger than I expected it to be,but had a separate dinning area with a table and 4 chairs ,(but enough room for 2 more chairs) .It was a very good size suite for 2 persons .The balcony was huge with table and chairs and 2 lounges and lots of open space left.

Cheers Deb

Hi Adidas4fun,

Sure can , if I had the chance I would book the Royal suite instead of the Penthouse suite ,it was done in dark timber and had a lovely feel about it ,it was much larger than I expected it to be,but had a separate dinning area with a table and 4 chairs ,(but enough room for 2 more chairs) .It was a very good size suite for 2 persons .The balcony was huge with table and chairs and 2 lounges and lots of open space left.

Cheers Deb

wonderful, it seems I have made the right choice. Counting down.