Voyager of the seas - overflowing with kids?

Vikstar

I booked my Mum and I on the Voyager over NYE (2015) however now I am worried that this will be full of children and not much for Mum and I to do. I have nothing against kids, but don't want to be on a ship that feels like it's overrun with kids. Do you think I have cause for concern?

You have no cause for concern. Unless a child is yours, you will totally ignore them...they are NOT your problem! In general, the kid's club keeps the little tykes occupied. Aside from the pool on sea days, ( and you can use the Solarium, so kid's aren't an issue), you really won't notice them, unless you're trying to notice them!

This is why my wife and I rarely leave the Solarium on sea days. Kids may walk through, but the area is fairly "boring" to them so they usually don't try and hang out (against the rules).

Just remember that if the weather is bad (closing the main pool) they may open the Solarium to everyone.

The times I have been on Voyager I have barely noticed the kids and had plenty to do! Even if overrun, the 'kids programs' do not interfere or take place of the adult programs. They have special staff and programs and areas of the ships for the kids. We did see the product of their labors one night at the predinner show when a group of younger kids did a little dance on the stage guided by a ship crewmen. That big group of kids was a surprise cause I had not noticed that many on board and that was just one of the age groups.

I kept busy doing dance classes, craft classes, lectures, theatre shows, excursions, swimming in the adults pool. etc.

This last cruise was during a school holiday.

Austex

I booked my Mum and I on the Voyager over NYE (2015) however now I am worried that this will be full of children and not much for Mum and I to do. I have nothing against kids, but don't want to be on a ship that feels like it's overrun with kids. Do you think I have cause for concern?

Even IF it would be overflowing with kids, that doesn't mean there won't be lots for you and your mother to do.

I've sailed over President's Day, which is one of the most popular weeks for families to sail, and I hardly noticed the kids at all.

I sailed on the Rhapsody last Christmas. I was expecting it to be over-run with kids but we hardly saw any. I think they were kept busy in the kids clubs. On Christmas morning they all came out of the woodwork to meet Santa but otherwise they were not seen.

As another poster said, the Solarium is only available for 16 so it is a great place for adults (hardly any teens go on there).

I think NYE on the newly refurbished Voyager is going to be awesome.

We have done both Christmas and New Year cruises and you hardly ever see any kids.On Christmas morning the kids come all together to see santa and on New Year eve they are with their families for the new year eve balloon drop.But they are not a problem.

Hi

We have been on quite a few xmas and New year cruises and as it is holiday season there are lots of families. Most cruises have between 500-900 kids but with kids clubs, so many activities and so many ppl onboard Im sure you will find quiet areas where the kids wont be.

I have 3 boys who either spend most of the time hanging out with their friends in the kids club, supervised activities, on tours with us or swimming in the pools that are family friendly, shows, dinner etc.

On our last cruise even I wanted to get away from some peoples kids or other adults as they were rude, annoying etc but I always found somewhere to retreat to or an adult only activity or area. There was also the sanctuary of my cabin!

You will be fine but as with any where you travel there will be adults that will annoy you just as much as the loud kids. There will always be passengers being rude, loud or annoying! But there are also so many wonderful people to meet on deck, at dinner or during an activity or tour.

Cruising is awesome fun for everyone!

There are always less kids during school term.

Now I need to go and pack some patience too to take on my trip lol

Have a great time

Cheers

Danni