Please tell that I am not the only one having an issue with the online check in!!!

dansu

Second Sunday in a row that Celebrity has done its best make my vacation planning into a nightmare!!! I have a post about errors in the tax portion of our final payment that I posted earlier this week.

Having spent the last hour trying to complete our online check in, which being cruise number 7 should not be an issue for me...I am beyond perplexed.

I get to the IMMIGRATION page and when I enter in our passports, arrival information, and attempt to move on to the departure information from the US back to Canada it only gives me the choice of 3 dates; however, I am staying a full week.

So, I called Celebrity...twice, and both times receive the instruction telling me to report the IMMIGRATION using false information - which makes me believe they are clueless as to what the purpose of registering ones IMMIGRATION information and what this information is used for.

So, I then go to the contact us page and fill in the "email" box to ask for assistance, relaying the details of the issue I have encountered...and select send...and get the message that the page is no longer available!!!!

Has anyone else encountered the issue with entering their IMMIGRATION information...and if so, what did you do to resolve the issue?

We did our on line check in and order of luggage tags a few days ago, everything went as smooth as silk. Also ordered an excursion through the site.

It all worked just fine. Sorry, I know Misery Loves Company.................

A suggestion for the immigration date, do you think by chance they have set up the site expecting the cruiser would put in the immigration date they expect to return to the country after the cruise ? Just a suggestion, maybe try it and see if it works.

I haven't encountered your specific problem, but I just posted that when I tried to access my paid in full reservation I got an error message saying "Agency data is not found for this country." Which is meaningless....I think it is just the Celebrity weekend gremlins.

At least I'd like to think that on weekends they have someone trying to do something about their terrible website....

Also keep in mind that you don't have to do the on-line check-in. I know it facilitates things, but not doing so will not keep you from sailing.

Am I not correct in thinking that if I don't provide our passport and immigration information in advance of our departure that not only will I not be able to print out our travel documents and luggage tags, but I not be allowed to board the ship?

Did you book at a TA? In that case I´d ask them to deal with this. If you booked directly and a phone call doesn´t help: ask them by phone for an email adress where you can email them the information. Take a printout of your email with you when travelling.

I had problems with online check in myself. My birth date was "invalid" to Celebrity´s website. I phoned them and asked if they would accept a booking from people who are not born yet :D A very nice lady at their office did online check in via the phone for me.

Good luck - and a wonderful cruise to you.

Edited by AntjeG

I have encountered the problem of putting in the date that you are flying when getting off the cruise. We are staying in San Juan for 3 nights after and the last date they give as a choice is before we leave. I decided to put that I am taking a taxi to the port and from the port. Which I will be, so it is not false information. It doesn't specifically say to the city of departure and arrival. We are also there 2 nights before the cruise. Of course for us it isn't a real problem since we are US citizens and San Juan is a US territory.

I really don't think this information about arrival and departure is for Immigration. You will still have to show your passport when checking in at the port and at the airport. I think it is for Celebrity. They especially want this information for departing flights so they can make sure they get you off the ship on time to make your flight. They also can check your flight status if you haven't checked in at the start of the cruise. They could have several people delayed on the same flight or flights and could possibly wait for you. At least that is my thought. Don't know if that is correct, but I'm going with it. ;)

We booked through Celebrity directly...no travel agent.

Being the glutton for punishment that I am...I just called back and this time got put through to customer service...and now I surrender...put my hands in the air and give up.

Apparently IT is aware they have this issue ... and customer service has no more information to offer...except this agent told me to say that I wasn't arriving by plane, and therefore I could bypass the immigration questions!!!

I will try again in a few weeks...my patience for dealing with stupidity has reached it maximum threshold...maybe next time even ask my husband to do it...why should I get to have all the fun!!!

I don't know if there is any difference in your nationality...but I know people who have not done on-line check in and go to the port with their invoices/reservation number and passports or whatever. Your name and reservation number are in their system. As long as you have a passport and a reservation number you will be able to check in. You don't have to have luggage tags; the porters at the pier will have ones you can fill out.

I agree that I don't think Immigration has anything to do with Celebrity's form. Just put in the date the cruise is ending as your end date. What you do on your own once off their ship has nothing to do with them....and I don't believe they turn that information over to Immigration....what if your plans changed? What if you decided to return home sooner or later than planned?

Don't waste your time, dansu. You can get the luggage tags without doing the on-line express check in. We can't do the check in either because we use a USD Amex with a US address to pay for the cruise and we live in Canada. They don't know how to get around this now, although they did it for years. Go figure. We had no trouble getting checked in without the express pass 3 weeks ago.

I know it's frustrating. I tried for hours to do it and finally gave up after talking to Celebrity. They faxed us an APIS form to use at check in but the agent never looked at it.

i give up. I'm not wasting another minute trying to do On Line Check in, or wait on hold (13 minute wait time estimated currently) to talk to a live person. It won't delay check in more than a few minutes, I can get my luggage tags at the pier, I see no reason to continue to fight with the broken website.