happy hour dilemma: elite/plat vs reg happy hr

boca7

Dedicated passengers & suite guests have enjoyed our special happy hr. which has increased over the years (with no complaints) & limited to certain drinks, now anyone can receive a better deal on half price drinks, so why limit us to a limited menu when the regular happy has none?

Dedicated passengers & suite guests have enjoyed our special happy hr. which has increased over the years (with no complaints) & limited to certain drinks, now anyone can receive a better deal on half price drinks, so why limit us to a limited menu when the regular happy has none?

Go to the new happy hour instead of the PSE happy hour. I think that the new one is to enhance attendance at what ever bar it is held at on some probably slow times of the day.

Or, go to the new happy hour, get your two for one drink order, save them and then take them to the PSE location and have the food served at that location along with your drinks.

No matter what, I am sure Princess will take notice if people are trying to "game" the system and will likely change it if it isn't working out the way that they hope. :cool:

Edited by ar1950

Good question!

LuLu

Huh?

The two for one is from 3 to 4 in the afternoon and late at night. Seems early to be drinking to me. 5 to 7 is much better.

Seems many are saying they go there to order drinks unopened to take to their cabins to enjoy later in the afternoon/evening. :rolleyes:

LuLu

The two for one is from 3 to 4 in the afternoon and late at night. Seems early to be drinking to me. 5 to 7 is much better.

You just don`t get the point! I`m saying that our cocktail hr should have the opportunity to order a variety of drinks lie the earlier happy hr. On my last cruise in Oct. we ended paying regular prices as they do not offer any choice but one drink, like how many people drink port as a cocktail?

You just don`t get the point! I`m saying that our cocktail hr should have the opportunity to order a variety of drinks lie the earlier happy hr. On my last cruise in Oct. we ended paying regular prices as they do not offer any choice but one drink, like how many people drink port as a cocktail?

You can order anything you want in the PES lounge, you just have to pay for it. It's not a limited menu of drinks. It's a limited menu of cheap drinks. It also depends on luck of the draw--I have had servers charge me only the $5 for any drink I ordered. (More Princess consistency in action. :rolleyes:) I don't quite get the 3-4 pm thing since that does seem a little early for most drinkers. If what's happening is the buying and hoarding of drinks until later, then I guess Princess must be okay with that. If not, they will stop the practice.

Sorry, I prefer the PES party to be quieter, so go to the 3pm one and buy what you want

Actually, it's you who didn't get Paul's point. Princess is not offering 2-for-1s out of the goodness of their heart or because they're in cahoots with the National Association of Liver Transplant Doctors. They're offering them during hours when the bars are quiet in order to capture more drink revenue. They already have all the business they need in the traditional cocktail hours - there's no necessity to drive traffic during that time. And the E/P/S lounge is about more than drinks: those lunks stuffing two-fer beers down their gullets aren't doing it to the accompaniment of smoked salmon or Stilton cheese (which pairs breathtakingly well with port; try it before you knock it).

I think it's very clever of Princess to offer 2-4-1 Happy Hours. It gets passengers in the Wheelhouse when normally it would be dead. It was standing room only on the Golden in October, and the Crown in November!

It probably gets passengers up in Skywalkers earlier than they normally would go up there, if they were to go at all. Even at 2-4-1, I am sure Princess is making a lot of money, considering the mark-up on alcohol. Only the bean counters will decide after they have enough statistics to compare to non HH sailings.

On both ships in October, only the featured drink of the day was available for $5 in the E/P/S lounge. That was new to me and assumed it was a fleet wide decision. In November, it was any of the 7 featured cocktails on any day.

On both ships in October, only the featured drink of the day was available for $5 in the E/P/S lounge. That was new to me and assumed it was a fleet wide decision. In November, it was any of the 7 featured cocktails on any day.

In October when I sailed on the Island, it was as you said....any of the 7 featured cocktails on any day. I sure hope that continues..... :)

Tricia

I hope to be sailing in a Window Suite, so could attend the PSE function and then have a nightcap late at night!

My friend from Boston rang with her Great-Uncle-in-Law's advise for me to price a Window Suite on the Golden Princess, then you'll have the spoiling of Suite Perks for your Belated 50th Birthday!. I checked the pricing, about $500 difference, and the TA confirmed I can just do the Booking and pay the Deposit, and get International Travel Insurance when I go in to her the 1st time. Was a bit concerned about not knowing the airline and hotel prices, this should mean I can do the pricing in April next year, and should be able to book and pay for the flights and accommodation, leaving the cruise payments fortnightly. Yes I have noted the Final Payment restriction date-wise, will plan to allow an extra week for safety. I remember reading from a previous Cruise Critic thread, that a cruiser on their 1st cruise in a Suite should have all their Documentation printed out, as apparently some people have tried to block them joining the correct waiting area as "They were Blue Cards." Am relying on my memory of what I read, but I did think that was a sensible idea. I will be asking a uniformed staff member where I need to go to wait for embarkation.

Crochetcruise :cool:

I remember reading from a previous Cruise Critic thread, that a cruiser on their 1st cruise in a Suite should have all their Documentation printed out, as apparently some people have tried to block them joining the correct waiting area as "They were Blue Cards." Am relying on my memory of what I read, but I did think that was a sensible idea. I will be asking a uniformed staff member where I need to go to wait for embarkation.

Crochetcruise :cool:

It is always wise to have all the documentation printed out but your boarding pass should say "preferred" across the top for check-in and when you get your card (whatever color), it will have "SUITE" on it. If any of the staff have difficulty directing you to the correct waiting area, just show them the card and point out the word "SUITE".

Enjoy your window suite -- we usually book aft mini or full suites but had a window suite on a cold weather cruise and loved the location, the size and - most importantly - the price!

In October when I sailed on the Island, it was as you said....any of the 7 featured cocktails on any day. I sure hope that continues..... :)

Tricia

The Island 4 night sailing in Oct. only offered the drink of the day, I have been on 22 Princess cruises with the choices but was told that was not the policy on the Island. I am sailing today on the Royal for 10 days & hopefully that won`t be case. The reason I brought this issue up was to hear what was the experience with other ships & surprised by the ridicule

................The reason I brought this issue up was to hear what was the experience with other ships & surprised by the ridicule

I re-read your original post and certainly did not see that you where asking that. I only posted my reply based on what it seemed that you were saying in your original posting. I am sorry if you took umbrage at my reply, but, it was based on how I read your original post. I would suspect that others did the same.

Edited by ar1950