Fighting on Oriana?

pudd

Hi dave please dont tar every body with same brush i work with all the cruise ship,s in so,ton and meet some smashing old folk in my job from 20 to 90 admit there are a few grump,s but the most are holiday happy and enjoy there cruise.

I did write 'some'

Re: 'Of course it's not unique to P O any more than it's unique to "old folk"' by balf

Richleeds seems to believe it is :

And this is on longer cruises just as much as short ones, but a problem that seems unique to P&O.
Edited by Scriv

I think so or its a lot more prevalent. Cant say I've seen it on any other of the biggies such as Princess, RCCL, Celebrity, HAL etc

We were on IOTS for a three-nighter out of Southampton and I can honestly say we saw more loutish behaviour over that long weekend than on 200+ nights with P&O

We were on IOTS for a three-nighter out of Southampton and I can honestly say we saw more loutish behaviour over that long weekend than on 200+ nights with P&O

I would expect some loutish behaviour on the 3 nighter on IOTS, they are seen as a quick "booze cruise" by many and the challenge seems to be how much can we knock back in 3 days, plus they have a much higher ratio of young groups celebrating birthdays, stags and hens etc.

What I am talking about on P&O is rude old people.

I We had been told to queue in a certain place and then a man in the queue next to me aggressively accused me of queue jumping and went on and on....

Do you really believe it to be unique to P&O?

I have seen this happen a few times before on the Oceana. Seems to happen at afternoon tea, with people queue jumping and being rude to the serving staff in the buffet.

Also on a port day in the Cafe Jardin also on the Oceana,(on a different cruise) the same thing happened. Many people back from a tour, at the same time, nice long queue in the Cafe Jardin and then the usual queue busters and rudness to the staff in the process. A restaurant manager from the MDR called Alan, helped to make the queue run more organised, but he too got roared and screamed at by some of the pax. Alan (MDR Manager) was really upset, you could tell by his face that the rude personal names he was being called was totally uncalled for

And these queue jumping and verbal bashing pax were all "Older" and I would say that it is very unique to P&O. I have never seen agressive behaviour like this on RCCL, On Princess, On Sun Cruises. just on my P&O cruises.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
old farty pants

That is very interesting, Lynn. But, oh dear.... And that is terrible that Alan was upset. I think that is Alan Carr who we have seen very effectively managing the breakfast and lunch queues on Oriana and he was also on Aurora the other week. I did wonder whether he was there to help with the changeover of one of the restaurants to Freedom Dining? I would have hated to have witnessed that.

Edited by Scriv

Yes, It was Alan Carr, I declined to give his surname, but since You mentioned it :)

A true gentleman, so good with dealing with awkard pax, and the wait staff really enjoying working with him.

I have often heard his words of encouragment to his staff as he walked around checking on things. A sign of a great Manager.

There is also another Manager called Alan, who is Scottish I think. He also is a nice man.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
the big fart

Whoops - I hope I haven't done anything wrong??! I didn't think. No doubt it will get edited if I have.

I have seen him in action defusing queue-rage, but have not had the opportunity to hear him with his staff. That's lovely to hear. As you say, the mark of a great manager.

There was another lovely restaurant manager on Oriana, but I can't remember his name. He tended to be in Oriental a lot.

Edited by Scriv