Just off Reflection.. main pool area LOUD !

curiouscat

Glad we skipped the outdoor pool area and avoided any issues with the DJ..or loud recorded music in hallways, BLU or other public spaces, if there was any.Just the wierd taped music as background in BLU

As mentioned, we wanted to see the DJ at the Sunset Bar for reggae...it was a rainy night and no one had info about moving it indoors or being outside.....lack of info from CD was par for the course...esp. on Stateroom TV... Not our fav CD....esp when compared to Sue Denning, Dru etc,

We were pleased with the music/ entertainers on Nov 8th cruise but from recent reviews it seems the DJs and some of the musicians/ entertainers have changed...

will be interesting to see how the loud pool music issue evolves,,

Good solution would be to keep it calm til after lunch...then do a more lively vibe for the afternoon. Would also like to see more authentic Island and Jimmy Buffet style music at the pool and Sunset Bar on Carib cruises...

Edited by hcat

I also got off the Reflection and the only complaint I would have had would have been the guests! Being loud and obnoxious!

The pool music was not too loud, was as well only for a couple hours! The Martini Bar as it is functioned as well as the night club until 11p or so was not too loud either!

I wished they would have plaid Electro, House Music as it was posted in the daily! But it was old style American Top 40s mixed with old style 80s! The DJ couple even apologized to me about the horrific music they get asked to play!

It was a very much alive cruise!

Solarium was quiet, lawn was quiet as post parts of the sun deck!

It was an fantastic cruise, great service and food! Better then expected!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
On our last Reflection cruise we found the pool area music a bit too loud. Actually it was a bit too loud in other places as well (Martini bar for one). We both love music, but when you're not in a club and the music is so loud you can't hold a conversation, then I feel it's too loud.

We would not sit by the pool area. The days we did not have an Alcove, we'd try to find a quiet spot by the lawn or the top front deck. While there was music at the Sunset Bar, it was at a reasonable volume.

I know everyone has different tastes, so if it was too loud for us, we just moved on.

Does anyone happen to know the costs of renting the Alcoves? Is there an extra cost to access the lawn club or the Solarium?

Thanks,

If the pool doesn't suit your music volume, move next door to the Solarium pool, you can usually hear a pin drop at that pool.

I demand something be done about people who drop pins at the Solarium pool. It can be most dangerous for those walking barefooted there.

I also found it strange that what used to be " Officers vs Guests" has now become " Guests vs Guests" pool volleyball!

No dancing with the Stripes, either.

Is Celebrity moving away from the friendly officers and interaction with the guests? Maybe just on the Reflection? How was it on other ships recently?

We had officers versus guests one day, guests versus guests another, and I think officers versus crew another even, on Sille.

Does anyone happen to know the costs of renting the Alcoves? Is there an extra cost to access the lawn club or the Solarium?

Thanks,

Alcoves are something like $95 for a port day and $150 for a sea day.

Lawn club grill (restaurant) has a cover charge, anyone can walk on or lay on the grass or play the lawn games out whenever they desire.

Solarium is open to all adults no cost. Children not allowed, except for unusual weather circumstances or for limited times on certain itineraries as posted.

1 What time of season, did you go, to have Loud Music???

Did you not walk up to the DJ and say to drop the Volume some? If not then it is your fault for not speaking up, they have to Cater to you. But if you Sat under the speaker, you got what you deserved, loud music.

the ships Deck pool volume was Low enough to please the people, and at most times very quiet, which was even more pleasing.

I am sure some one has vide of pool side? and the sound;)

A few hours of music by pool sounds fun...as many pointed out, the reality is always somewhere in the middle, as it first sounded like the DJ was blasting it all day, every day. But the love of noise does seem to be more pronounced everywhere...an expensive restaurant used to promise a relaxing, intimate peaceful dining experience...most in our area are loud places now. Everyone seems to have top 40 tunes cranked up or worse, TV sports, and even when the music or TV isn't blaring, many diners can't seem to converse amongst each other using "indoor voices"...even when it's just 2 or 4 people, they often shout and laugh at the top of their lungs. We often go to the beach/parks and people are frequently setting up big boom box speakers to blast their tunes at top volume...making it harder for others to listen to a small radio or have a conversation nearby.

I don't want to sound like a cranky old complainer...I'm actually young and can party in bars with the best of them! I also love seeing people have a good time. Just not sure why our culture seems to believe everything has to be at top volume 24/7 to be considered fun?

Edited by Flafun888

Did you not walk up to the DJ and say to drop the Volume some? If not then it is your fault for not speaking up, they have to Cater to you. But if you Sat under the speaker, you got what you deserved, loud music.

They also have to carter to the other 2,499 people on board, the majority of which were clearly fine with he volume.

Get sun on the forward upper deck sun deck. Nearly silent up there. Many solutions to the problem, that allows the rest of the passengers to enjoy a lively pool area, as a pool area should be. The sun deck should be where those wanting a quiet area should go.

So here we are yet again, 50% like it, 50% do not. You own a business, which 50% do you cater to?

In this case, as my business is sailing at capacity, I make no changes. The issue isn't causing my business any money, and seems in fact to be helping it make money :D

As mentioned, we wanted to see the DJ at the Sunset Bar for reggae...it was a rainy night and no one had info about moving it indoors or being outside.....lack of info from CD was par for the course...esp. on Stateroom TV... Not our fav CD....esp when compared to Sue Denning, Dru etc,

Which CD was that? Alexander Y?

A few hours of music by pool sounds fun...as many pointed out, the reality is always somewhere in the middle, as it first sounded like the DJ was blasting it all day, every day. But the love of noise does seem to be more pronounced everywhere...an expensive restaurant used to promise a relaxing, intimate peaceful dining experience...most in our area are loud places now. Everyone seems to have top 40 tunes cranked up or worse, TV sports, and even when the music or TV isn't blaring, many diners can't seem to converse amongst each other using "indoor voices"...even when it's just 2 or 4 people, they often shout and laugh at the top of their lungs. We often go to the beach/parks and people are frequently setting up big boom box speakers to blast their tunes at top volume...making it harder for others to listen to a small radio or have a conversation nearby.

I don't want to sound like a cranky old complainer...I'm actually young and can party in bars with the best of them! I also love seeing people have a good time. Just not sure why our culture seems to believe everything has to be at top volume 24/7 to be considered fun?

I think it has to do with the younger generation having cranked up their earphones to ridiculous levels (seen it over and over) and destroying their hearing. It has to be LOUD or they can't hear it.

Alcoves are something like $95 for a port day and $150 for a sea day.

Lawn club grill (restaurant) has a cover charge, anyone can walk on or lay on the grass or play the lawn games out whenever they desire.

IF they pay the fee. (Been there, decided not to do that.)

Solarium is open to all adults no cost. Children not allowed, except for unusual weather circumstances or for limited times on certain itineraries as posted.

IF they pay the fee. (Been there, decided not to do that.)

Do you mean you thought you had to pay a fee to use the grassy areas? Somewhat confused by this reply.

The fee needs paid only to use the alcove space, one can bring a blanket and bask in the sun on the grass outside the alcove deck space should they desire. I spent time chatting with friends in the giant chairs in that area, without paying for an alcove.

I think it has to do with the younger generation having cranked up their earphones to ridiculous levels (seen it over and over) and destroying their hearing. It has to be LOUD or they can't hear it.

I enjoy the louder music myself (aged 45) have hearing checked annually since I was 30 and so far no lessened hearing based on my annual checkups. I was in the concert business for a while, so got into the habit of having my hearing checked to be sure.