Reservations for 15 at Tuscan Grill

flyingv4me

I would like to make reservations for everyone in my family going on our Alaskan cruise next August at Tuscan Grill as a surprise gift for Christmas. Is it possible to link everyone together, charge my credit card, and actually have a reservation prior to the cruise? I figure it will be next to impossible to get a decent time for such a large party once on board.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and success/fail stories on large party reservations in a specialty restaurant.

Bruce

You will not find a table large enough for that group -- they will split you into three tables of five, or some other combinations. Even sitting against the banquette you probably can't get them to pull enough tables together. And you will probably find the service to be better if the group is split. So, I suggest that unless you absolutely have to eat there on a particular night and at a particular time, just wait until the first day on board and go talk to them in person, they will arrange it and take care of having it all billed to one stateroom.

I think cruisestitch makes some good points, but if it were me I would be a little hesitant about waiting until I was onboard. Even for a table for two, we had a difficult time securing reasonable times when we booked a specialty dining package and couldn't book the times (except the first one) until we boarded. Almost all the times available were before 7:00 and after 8:30, and we attempted to do this booking immediately after we boarded. That experience would give me hesitation for waiting, particularly if you are making this a Christmas gift. I would call and talk to Celebrity about it. If you are Captains Club, I would suggest calling them as they seem to be the most helpful. They might be better able to advise you of the right course of action.

Edited by phoenix_dream

OP: I agree that it will probably be tough for all 15 of you to be seated together, but in any event, I would also suggest calling now. There's no downside to doing so. This number will get you directly to the folks who handle specialty dining reservations (and other "cruise enhancements'):

800-722-5941

Good luck and have a great cruise!

When we were on the Silhouette in June we dined one night in Tuscan and were seated at one of the two-tops at the windows. There was a large group eating at a long table in the center area and there had to be at least 10-12 of them...def a family group with a wide range of ages from toddler to elderly, probably same idea as OP has. There looked to be room to add another table if arranged ahead to accomodate 15. There appeared to be servers dedicated to that group and they seemed to all be enjoying themselves. We had a fantastic meal as well with great service! I would def advise the OP to call ahead but also check as soon as onboard to confirm the arrangement and reservation.

Enjoy!

Here is a suggestion... Generally first night of cruise is the least busiest for the specialties. Book for the first night either before hand or when on ship. If on Ship you will most likely be offered a 20% discount. Which will be quite sizeable when multiplied by 15.

Regards,

Kevin Reid