House band/entertainment

lovevacadays

I have never cruised Celebrity. I have been reading through several threads as I may want to try Celebrity the next time I cruise.

I noticed several mentions of Celebrity doing away with house bands an going to DJ's. Is this the case? How much live music would you say would be on a 7 day cruise in one of the newest class of ships?

How is the other entertainment on the ship? What type of activities might typically be found?

Good house band on Reflection week of 3/8, also enjoyable jazz group, pop duo outstanding , folk singer....and of course the DJ

all could be enjoyed....music situation from our view was much improved,

I was on the Solstice to Alaska in June. The house band seemed to have a pattern to their music. DW and I love to dance. (Couples dancing where you touch your partner throughout the dance.) The party band played good music for that kind of dancing for about 1 hour of each set. Then they would switch to music that was more suited to what I call rhythmic bobbing - People just standing on the floor bobbing up and down with no partner required. The younger crowd danced much more to the latter type of music. DW and I would just leave and make room for the younger generation. I think that those younger dancers are that target audience for their entertainment.

This was the worst cruise for couples dancing of any X cruise that we have taken. It will be interesting to see if this type of music will become the norm for X cruises. It's not a big deal to me. I just have planned my next cruise on Cunard. I know that they will have good couples dance music and the biggest ballrooms at sea. If I take another X cruise it will be because I can't find a good Cunard cruise first. Any future X cruise will be on an M Class ship because I think that it is better laid out for dancing than the S Class ships. DW and I are in our early 60's. I think that our children would like the music and layout of S Class better than M Class, so it just depends on what kind of music and/or dancing that you like.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I was on the Connie in August and that was definitely NOT the case. There were two house bands (one more pop oriented and the other more classic oriented) along with a number of other live musicians.

I can't recall a DJ other than around the pool or in Reflections lounge.

Definitely no shortage of live music. I'm sure this can vary depending on ship/itinerary but the rumours of reduced live music appear to be rumours rather than fact (IMHO).

Good house band on Reflection week of 3/8, also enjoyable jazz group, pop duo outstanding , folk singer....and of course the DJ

all could be enjoyed....music situation from our view was much improved,

Hi Hertha,:) I think you meant to say the week of Nov 8th;)...not 3/8...

Wishing you and Sal a Happy Thanksgiving:)

To the OP, they had a DJ set up at the Martini Bar in the evenings.

I was also on Reflection Nov 8th. I guess they felt that was a good

spot for him...a bit loud right there for my taste but most folks seemed

to enjoy it.