Cruise port to Orient Beach

RGV_Couple

Will be in St. Martin on 12/10 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM on carnival Breeze. Rather that doing a high priced excursion we are considering heading to Orient Beach for the day.. Will it be easy to find a cab or van to get there - what about returning - should cabs be plentiful ? How long should we allow to get back to ship as I understand traffic can be an issue at times. We do realize ship time may be different than local time and we take that into consideration

We take a taxi to Orient Beach each time and plan to do it again in December. Taxi's are plentiful each way. Really they are vans that they fill up. I would start heading back around two hours before all aboard. Earlier if you want to look in the shops near port. We usually ask the driver to drop us off at either

Kakao or Kon Tiki. They have the nicest facilitie. Or you can walk the beach and decide where you want to rent chairs for the day.

Totally agree with Yellow Lab". We were at Kon Tiki last week. Great beach club though food is costly. Kako is also a great spot & a little less expensive. If the ship leaves at 5:00pm then we get a cab ( at Pedro's) no later then 3:00pm back to the pier to be on the safe side.

Orient is a great beach. Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jcg4550

If the taxi to Orient is full & it probably will be then the fare is $7.00 pp. Two chairs with umbrella at Kon Tiki are $20.00 to rent.

Edited by jcg4550

Wow! Nice photos.

Can you tell me if they had Euro for Dollar, if you paid in cash?

Also, how was the service? Did you eat anything? How was it?

Trying to decide which beach club to enjoy for the day. Don't like when the lounge chairs are bunched together.

Thanks in advance.

Service at KonTiki is great. Menu is pricey but food is excellent. They also have a Sushi menu.

Very clean beach club! Check out their website. Believe they have a menu posted.

hi - in st maarten mid Feb on HAL - 8am-3pm. thinking about marigot 1st then to "best" beach before back to ship - chairs/umbrellas a must, beauty, good food, quiet (2 adults, no trampolines, noisy jet skis to interfere w views/peace), near enough to port so can max time avail, solo snorkeling a plus (happy just to see some pretty fish). thoughts? THANKS!

hi - in st maarten mid Feb on HAL - 8am-3pm. thinking about marigot 1st then to "best" beach before back to ship - chairs/umbrellas a must, beauty, good food, quiet (2 adults, no trampolines, noisy jet skis to interfere w views/peace), near enough to port so can max time avail, solo snorkeling a plus (happy just to see some pretty fish). thoughts? THANKS!

sorry - meant to add.. beach where chairs aren't jammed together :)

Just got back from a cruise last weekend and just wanted to tell everyone that before you pay a cab to go thete make sure Orient or any of the beaches on the Atlantic side are now free of seaweed'!!!!!!

We took one look at it and was completely floored. I am not talking about a little bit of green seawwed in the water.....I am talking about thick, massive amounts of thick bush-like brown nastiness that was knee high on the beach (what little beach that was left) and in the water as far put as you could see!!

NO ONE had rented one single chair or umbrella on the entire beach because it was that bad. I feel very sorry for the restaurants there because there were NO one that was staying.

Since you could not see the full effect until you got out of the cab everyone was getting out of cabs, walking to the beach, walking right back and hailing another cab and leaving.

I don't blame the cab drivers for not telling anyone....while it would have been nice, they were the only ones making money.....:eek:

Edited by GTO-Girl

• 2 weeks later...