Reserving dinner-

S&G1968

Is it better to reserve times at the restaurants prior to boarding or do it through your butler/concierge once in board? I thought I read that you get a discount once on Board....

It also looks like for a ou I cannot reserve ahead of time... I have not tried calling guest relations- just know there is not an option online.

-Steve

Are you asking about making reservations in a speciality restaurant - since you mentioned a discount I am thinking you are asking about the speciality restaurants.

You can book before & you pay at that time by credit card. There are often discounts for the speciality restaurants on the first night, so if you want to try a speciality restaurant on the first night I would book on board. Depending upon how booking are going there may be discounts offered at some restaurants during the cruise. If you are planning to eat in speciality restaurants 3 or 5 nights you might want to look into the speciality restaurant dining packages which are discounted over booking individually.

If you are staying in a suite your butler can handle dinner reservations. If you are not in a suite it is just as easy to make your own reservations. The Concierge is available to all passengers so for us it is easier just to book with the staff at the restaurant directly rather than wait in line for the Concierge then tell him/her what we want then wait to see if it is available.

If you are in a suite you will get one free dinner for a 7 night cruise and 2 for 8 or more nights. You can book on board or call the number on the web site to pre book. If you book on line you will need to pay and will get a credit to your sea pass once on board. The number to call is on the same page as the pre booking.

There are often discounts available, depending on the sailing and how full the specialty restaurants are.

Mary Lou

Are you asking about making reservations in a speciality restaurant - since you mentioned a discount I am thinking you are asking about the speciality restaurants.

You can book before & you pay at that time by credit card. There are often discounts for the speciality restaurants on the first night, so if you want to try a speciality restaurant on the first night I would book on board. Depending upon how booking are going there may be discounts offered at some restaurants during the cruise. If you are planning to eat in speciality restaurants 3 or 5 nights you might want to look into the speciality restaurant dining packages which are discounted over booking individually.

If you are staying in a suite your butler can handle dinner reservations. If you are not in a suite it is just as easy to make your own reservations. The Concierge is available to all passengers so for us it is easier just to book with the staff at the restaurant directly rather than wait in line for the Concierge then tell him/her what we want then wait to see if it is available.

Perfect! Thank You!

I just posted this on another thread---

We prefer to have our reservations times and days done before the cruise.

For that you need to pay in advance. This is what we did on the Reflection June 2013:

Paid in advance for the days and times we wanted for specialty restaurants. Watched for discounts when on the ship. For 3 of the days and times, discounts were offerred. We went straight to guest relations and had them adjust for the lower prices. Took 5 minutes. This way we had the best prices for the days and times we wanted.

We are doing this again for the Summit. It is more important for us to be able to eat at the days and times that we want, then to save a few bucks. But of course if the discounts are offered, we will make sure that we get that as well.

I just posted this on another thread---

We prefer to have our reservations times and days done before the cruise.

For that you need to pay in advance. This is what we did on the Reflection June 2013:

Paid in advance for the days and times we wanted for specialty restaurants. Watched for discounts when on the ship. For 3 of the days and times, discounts were offerred. We went straight to guest relations and had them adjust for the lower prices. Took 5 minutes. This way we had the best prices for the days and times we wanted.

We are doing this again for the Summit. It is more important for us to be able to eat at the days and times that we want, then to save a few bucks. But of course if the discounts are offered, we will make sure that we get that as well.

I actually like this idea provided you had no trouble getting your account adjusted. I like to know when and where we are eating and if Celebrity is easy to deal with on adjusting the difference then your way seems like a no-brainier!

Thank You!

~Steve