Emerald 11/23.. How was your cruise?

Woody bailey

We got off this morning and had a fantastic time. the only thing I can complain about is missing Belize. Myhusband and I have been on about 8 Princess cruises and we agreed that this was the best service, food, and entertainment we have experienced. The staff seemed happy and everyone was ready to help. I very much appreciated that our 3 year old was welcomed. Our steward was fantastic. I have nothing negative to say. :D if the weather cooperates with you, you will have a fantastic week!

We got off this morning. Had a wonderful time! A bit of weather that caused us to miss Belize, but nothing Princess can do about the weather.

Yes, there seemed to be lots of kids, but that could be expected due to the holiday. The first and second night both the captain and a notice to the staterooms reminding "parents, grandparents, and guardians" it was there responsibilitiy to keep track of their children.

We were a bit delayed in leaving due to a medical emergency. Pulled away from the dock only to go right back to disembark a passenger. We docked around 7:30, maybe a bit earlier. Several announcements this morning that it was a delayed return.

Expect for the gentlemen in charge of the Crown Grill, we thought the service by everyone was wonderful. Food was excellent. Our room steward was one of the best that we have had on any sailing, any of cruise lines we have been on.

Clair

I just posted a review. We weren't entirely happy and found the service to be poor, particularly for the first three or four days. I guess it goes to show different people on the same ship can have a very different experience. I suspect those with traditional dining enjoyed the cruise more, since they got the lion's share of the dining slots.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132968

Had an awesome time. Was very sad about missing Belize. Made the best of it. The parental warnings were interesting. Lots of kids but most well behaved but they were in Neptune hot tub at all hours. I called it kid soup. Here's a pic of the first page of the parental advisory. ImageUploadedByForums1417388122.936709.jpg.7da57b92e685d607c266bac68d555ee5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back Dec. 7th. Everything was good except for pouring down rain in Belize. For embarkation, we carried on our 2 bottles of wine and some sealed water. This is allowed. At disembarkation, everything went smoothly except we were surprised to have to pay $3.25 a bottle state tax on our duty free liqueur purchased on the ship.

I didn't do the Nov. 23 sailing, but did the 30th. Overall we enjoyed ourselves. The rain in Belize should have cancelled our excursion. It was horribly ridiculous and the worst time I have ever had in a port. Rained so bad, even though I had multiple layers of protection over my camera it was completely ruined with all the water (brand new camera too). Sadly I have no cruise pictures, when I replied to the guest services about my camera, the gentleman replied why did I need to worry about pictures anyway, my cruise was almost over. I had wanted to book this ship for years, I didn't care where it went - too bad that experience has now soured my husband and myself against Princess (this was his 2nd on Princess, my 4th).

I found the buffet choices at lunch to be inadequate and one side was always closed. Breakfast limited, my husband loves cream of wheat and this cruise had it one day, he hasn't encountered that before. Also no chocolate milk, no milk in cartons. Among lots of other things. Dinner menu choices better. Crown Grill food and service were excellent.

We only saw the Boogie shoes show and the comedian. Both were ok, though I thought the comedian was better. Mostly we just relaxed at the Wheelhouse Bar, did watch a couple movies. Maleficent on the MUTS screen was nice. We used the hot tubs, pools a little too cold for my taste.

Never went to the Spa, didn't see the Sanctuary or fitness center.

I didn't do the Nov. 23 sailing, but did the 30th. Overall we enjoyed ourselves. The rain in Belize should have cancelled our excursion. It was horribly ridiculous and the worst time I have ever had in a port. Rained so bad, even though I had multiple layers of protection over my camera it was completely ruined with all the water (brand new camera too). Sadly I have no cruise pictures, when I replied to the guest services about my camera, the gentleman replied why did I need to worry about pictures anyway, my cruise was almost over. I had wanted to book this ship for years, I didn't care where it went - too bad that experience has now soured my husband and myself against Princess (this was his 2nd on Princess, my 4th).

How is it Princess's fault that it rained a lot in Belize, and YOU did not protect your camera adequately from the water? Do you expect Princess to replace your camera? Use the buyer protection that comes with the credit card used when purchasing the camera to get a new one, or file with your homeowners insurance.

Also no chocolate milk, no milk in cartons .

Chocolate milk is available (with a charge for adults), but you need to ask for it.

I am not sure why getting milk in cartons is important other than for knowing for sure what the fat content is.