LAX to Port. Suggestions needed.

Seayalater

Either SuperShuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. They're both very similar with similar pricing. You can pre-reserve on their websites. The vans stop outside of each terminal and make the circuit, sometimes twice, before heading to the port. It all depends on how fast they fill the van. Be patient as it can take time and be frustrating. It's worth it to save money.

You also might check to see if Princess has a transfer option.

The Port is actually south in Long Beach and depending on the day and time could take as little as 20 minutes or over an hour to get over there.

Princess has transfers but they are more expensive and you wait until an entire bus fills rather than a van.

Princess never sails out of Long Beach. Never. Ever. Princess sails out of the Port of Los Angeles which is in San Pedro.

Edited by Pam in CA

Princess has transfers but they are more expensive and you wait until an entire bus fills rather than a van.

Princess never sails out of Long Beach. Never. Ever. Princess sails out of the Port of Los Angeles which is in San Pedro.

To quote the man with the arrow through his head - WELL, EXCUUUSSSEEE MEEEE!!

That makes it somewhat closer, reduce the estimated times by 5 minutes.

...The Port is actually south in Long Beach and depending on the day and time could take as little as 20 minutes or over an hour to get over there.

Pam is correct that Princess sails only out of San Pedro. Princess does, however, have a Long Beach stop on some of their coastal cruises, but none embark there.

Carnival does embark at Long Beach (right near the Queen Mary), so perhaps that is what you are thinking of?

To quote the man with the arrow through his head - WELL, EXCUUUSSSEEE MEEEE!!

That makes it somewhat closer, reduce the estimated times by 5 minutes.

Sorry, but this is an important distinction. If you've told a shuttle or taxi driver to take you to the Port of Long Beach (where Carnival embarks from) when you need to go to the Port of Los Angeles (which other cruise lines emark from), the change can take more than five minutes if you're talking about rush hour (which is often "rush hours") and could set one back some money too.

The exceptions would be if a ship is making a port stop (and if the one berth at Long Beach isn't taken up by a Carnival ship) or if there's major construction going at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro.

We leave the port of LA on the Crown 12/13/14 :-)

What is the best way to get from LAX to the port?

If this is discussed elsewhere, please post a link. Thank you.

We just got off the Crown and used Super Shuttle to/from San Pedro. They were excellent.

We always use the Princess Transfer/hotel and travel a day early, especially in winter months. The hotel is the LAX Marriott and is very nice. A Princess person meets and takes you to the baggage rack area, you gather up you luggage, and then he show you where to catch the hotel shuttle.:) The next morning you call a Bellman, you next see your luggage in your cabin on board.:D Go have breakfast, then join with the others in the room for Princess transfers and get dropped off right where you need to be.;) No messing with your luggage, porters, or anything else. Worry free and you are on Holiday from when the Princess person greets you at the airport.:D We only arrange our own transportation when we are going in to the port town a week or so ahead.;)

Others suggest a shuttle, but since I never use a shuttle, and wouldn't if it were free, my suggestion would be a private town car. For two of us it was $55 plus gratuity. Just my personal preference.:)

Its fast comfortable and way better than a shuttle.... they accept creditcards

LAX is huge and a mad house... figure 1 hour to the Port

Its fast comfortable and way better than a shuttle.... they accept creditcards

LAX is huge and a mad house... figure 1 hour to the Port

I agree. The price is a bit more, but the peace of mind is worth it. Standing around outside the terminal trying to hail a cab or board a shuttle is stressful in the extreme.

If you do decide on Super Shuttle, they do accept a AAA discount code....saves you a few bucks. You can also book and pay tip online but be sure to bring your confirmation or the driver may not have gotten the word that you already prepaid. The fee is about $30 per couple each way.

I kind of like the town car idea, though a bit more expensive ... we always use Super Shuttle and there can be up to a 60 minute wait at the curb -- another hour in the van before they even leave the airport as they pick up other passengers to fill the van and then may or may not stop somewhere else on the way to the pier.

It can take just under and hour but better to plan on at least 2-3 hours ahead of time so you won't be late.

They are a decent service but patience is key. At least you will probably be in the van with others from the cruise so you can always get the party started right there in the shuttle while waiting.

I agree. The price is a bit more, but the peace of mind is worth it. Standing around outside the terminal trying to hail a cab or board a shuttle is stressful in the extreme.

No 'hailing a taxi' at LAX or in port. There are taxi ranks. Shuttle areas are located at the middle curbs at LAX.

We always use the Princess Transfer/hotel and travel a day early, especially in winter months. The hotel is the LAX Marriott and is very nice. A Princess person meets and takes you to the baggage rack area, you gather up you luggage, and then he show you where to catch the hotel shuttle.:) The next morning you call a Bellman, you next see your luggage in your cabin on board.:D Go have breakfast, then join with the others in the room for Princess transfers and get dropped off right where you need to be.;) No messing with your luggage, porters, or anything else. Worry free and you are on Holiday from when the Princess person greets you at the airport.:D We only arrange our own transportation when we are going in to the port town a week or so ahead.;)

We are staying at Marriott in January before our cruise.Also using Princess shuttle. Are there restaurants near hotel? Where would you suggest?

We are staying at Marriott in January before our cruise.Also using Princess shuttle. Are there restaurants near hotel? Where would you suggest?

The closest non-hotel "restaurant" to the LAX Marriott that I found was a Burger King about two blocks away. You might need transportation (taxi or rental car) to reach a reasonable non-hotel restaurant.

The closest non-hotel "restaurant" to the LAX Marriott that I found was a Burger King about two blocks away. You might need transportation (taxi or rental car) to reach a reasonable non-hotel restaurant.

I certainly wouldn't walk around in this area. In fact, I wouldn't advise anyone to stay at a hotel in this area unless they have an early morning flight the next day (like we had after our wedding. We stayed at the Marriott that night, but when we called room service that night, they were out of everything. Fortunately the hotel had gifted us with a fruit basket and bottle of champagne). If I was coming in for a cruise, I would stay by the port.

Those of you who have booked a car through "Shuttle to LAX," I have a question. If your plane is late it looks as though you lose your payment :confused: Can you get a car curb-side for a similar rate?

"Contracted carriers will not refund payments if cancellation occurs within 6 hours of pickup time or if the traveling party elects not to appear for a pickup (a no show)."

Those of you who have booked a car through "Shuttle to LAX," I have a question. If your plane is late it looks as though you lose your payment :confused: Can you get a car curb-side for a similar rate?

"Contracted carriers will not refund payments if cancellation occurs within 6 hours of pickup time or if the traveling party elects not to appear for a pickup (a no show)."

Personally I don't find PT to be reliable. And I believe you're not booking a private car with them this way, just a space on their shuttle. You don't need to pre-book with them or Supershuttle if you're not interested in a private ride -- just go to the curb and jump on whichever (blue or red) van is there with space available.