Pool activity in May on the Legend to Alaska?

scmona

That depends on how hearty you are. Sailed end of April this year and there were some folks that braved the pools and warm tubs. (none of the tubs are hot to me). Best advice, take your suit. Of all the stuff you are going to pack it takes up very little room.

We've been to Alaska twice at that time of year and I wouldn't count on going into the hot tub or the pool. We did have warm weather one day in Juneau, but all the other days on both trips had temps in the 50's.

That was too cold for me to even consider going in the water. We wore at least sweatshirts and jackets along with long pants every day. Those were our favorite cruises and we would go again in a heartbeat if the flight from Orlando weren't so long.

We will be on the Legend May 26-June 2 , 2015 to Alaska. Will it be warm enough for pool activities while onboard in alaska?

I'm assuming you mean swimming, not "activities" that are done at the pools in the Caribbean?

I have never seen many use the pools in Alaska. Even the heated hot tubes are little used. I've cruised Alaska a lot- 7 this year, including 3 on the Miracle. I always smile as I'm walking by the pools, in my jacket with my hat and gloves on, and see people in pools.

I'm assuming you mean swimming, not "activities" that are done at the pools in the Caribbean?

Not on Carnival, but when we sailed to Alaska on Holland, the pool deck with the retractable roof was used quote often for activities. No hairy chest contest! But they had live bands playing, with an authentic salmon bake or a full outdoor grill experience with different foods typical of Alaska. The roof was opened almost every time it was sunny and warmer than say 50, or if they were grilling.

We jumped in the hot tub once or twice and the waters was almost scalding hot. It was quite an experience to be in our bathing suits in the water, and watch the snowy peaks around Sitka gliding by on the background! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Weather is such a variable anywhere you go. On my two trips to Alaska in May, we had on day of drizzle with overcast skies temps in the 50's. Almost all other days have been sunny with temps in the mid 70's. We had one day in Juneau that was in the 90's. Now thats pool activities weather.:D

Just luck of what weather systems are present on the week you go.

Weather is such a variable anywhere you go. On my two trips to Alaska in May, we had on day of drizzle with overcast skies temps in the 50's. Almost all other days have been sunny with temps in the mid 70's. We had one day in Juneau that was in the 90's. Now thats pool activities weather.:D

Just luck of what weather systems are present on the week you go.

My hopes are up.

• 4 months later...

We will be on the same cruise, SCMona - glad you asked, I wondered same. We did the early September cruise and they had to drain the pools 2nd day in, due to wind and it was chilly most days, but when in Ketchikan they had a full sunny day and boy was it warm. So lets hope for a few sunny days!!

• 2 months later...
We've been to Alaska twice at that time of year and I wouldn't count on going into the hot tub or the pool. We did have warm weather one day in Juneau, but all the other days on both trips had temps in the 50's.

That was too cold for me to even consider going in the water. We wore at least sweatshirts and jackets along with long pants every day. Those were our favorite cruises and we would go again in a heartbeat if the flight from Orlando weren't so long.

I was curious on what clothing to pack for this cruise. We are sailing next year on May 31st 2016. I haven't actually looked, but what is the usual temp for that time of year?

On our Baltic cruise on her we had temps of 17c at times (which is around 60ish I think) but hotter days as well. It was all us mad Europeans floating about in the pool while the Texans and Floridians looked at us like we were mental. The same type of folk also thought we were mental when standing out in the open in Panama rain and getting into the pools.

The key is shoulders under in one dip and stay under. I got quite a lot of swimming exercise!

The retractable roof is handy but children tended be in that pool a lot.