new edocs design?

GUEST080219

For those of you that printed your edocs recently or can download them at the moment. Has NCL changed the design? The whole document fits on 1 1/2 pages now and the font size is pretty small after printout.

I just printed mine and it does look like a new format - more summarized. I didn't have an issue with the font size though. Mine printed on about 4 pages as opposed to the 8-10 pages with a ticket, guest copy of ticket, etc. that I saw when I originally looked at them a few weeks ago.

I like this section. It's very clear:

Things To Know

ONBOARD SERVICE CHARGES. These charges are additional. If you have not pre-paid your service charges, a charge of $12 per day per person will be added to your onboard account for all guests 3 years and older. Please see our brochure or http://www.ncl.com for details.

edocs should have the option to actually BE electronic... Download to a smartphone, scan and go. Hopefully the companies will get to that soon and save more paper. Imagine all the people cruising who print out their edocs (probably over half printing more than one copy).

just did mine yesterday and they came out normal full size page but I have to do them over I forgot to pre book our excursions oops...

You don't need to print them again. You only need the first page were the names are and the bar code. The excursions, shows, restaurants and other prebooked activities are not need it. You will have that in your stateroom in your tv. And for the excursions you will have your tickets in your room when you board.

• 2 weeks later...
How about the luggage tags. I downloaded the tag page, printed it, and the tag is 3+ inches in width, and isn't a document, its a JPG. Gave up trying to manipulate it. Anyone having a similar problem?

Not a problem but rather the new format similar to other lines. The old narrow tags are gone. You can get large cruise tag holders at Amazon

edocs should have the option to actually BE electronic... Download to a smartphone, scan and go. Hopefully the companies will get to that soon and save more paper. Imagine all the people cruising who print out their edocs (probably over half printing more than one copy).

They are electronic, unless NCL mailed you paper passes. You can very easily download the file as a PDF and put it on your smart phone or iPad etc.....

Edited by Laszlo

This will be our 1st NCL cruise. We're leaving in 4 days.

As someone else said, it prints tiny and the bar code is so small there's no way they can scan it! Do i need to worry, or is the booking # on there good enough?

Thanks!

The booking # and your names work. I've not ever seen them scan the bar code when we get to the check-in desk.

have fun!!

I just opened the docs 'selected all', saved into a word document and then e mailed it to myself as an attachment. So now I have it electronically on my iPhone and iPad. Probably not the most technically savvy way to do it, but it worked for me.

The luggage labels seem fine too. Yes shorter and wider, but they'll still fit around my suitcase handle. I usually just print the labels off and attach them at reception when checking out of the hotel that morning using the hotel's stapler. Easy!

I am thinking NCL might have re-sized the luggage tags to better fit in a "Cruise" tag holder such as these...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

or these...

http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Tags/dp/B007UXMQXO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418386160&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags

I have a set of these and the NEW tags for NCL fit in them almost perfectly. The tag is maybe 1/8" too wide but easily trimmed to fit. Such a better option than trying to attach the old tags with tape or staples. Besides, they look nicer too. :p

I just opened the docs 'selected all', saved into a word document and then e mailed it to myself as an attachment. So now I have it electronically on my iPhone and iPad. Probably not the most technically savvy way to do it, but it worked for me.
You can save the original PDF directly to iBooks with two taps of the screen.

The question is will security recognize the edocs on our phones and let us into the pier.
It may depend on the pier, but I have never had a problem myself. Has anyone ever actually been turned away by security and forced to go find a printer before being allowed into the cruise terminal to check in? It's not like a piece of paper is any more secure than an electronic document, especially since the security people at the door don't actually do anything with it.

I do think it's preferable to be able to show the document on a full-sized iPad/tablet and not on a small smartphone screen.

The question is will security recognize the edocs on our phones and let us into the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

That is the million dollar question....

I would like to try to use an electronic copy as well but wouldn't want to risk being denied/delayed boarding for not having the proper paperwork. Another important item might be the port staff are not NCL employees so unless NCL revises their policy and advise a ports of this change.

Not worth the risk at this time for me to try.

That would work if the edocs were a PDF. They are not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Its pretty easy.......at least on a Mac. Open your E Doc go to PRINT, instead of Printing to a printer your going to go to PDF and save it as a PDF. Screen shot attached

1549808373_ScreenShot2014-12-12at11_27_53AM.jpg.8d1af67b365083b3571e2f43cb9aac8c.jpg

Its pretty easy.......at least on a Mac. Open your E Doc go to PRINT, instead of Printing to a printer your going to go to PDF and save it as a PDF. Screen shot attached

Now all you need to do is bring your Mac to the pier. :D:D:D. Does not work on iPhone or iPad. I know you can email the PDF to your portable device. If they intended the edocs to be paperless they would make them easy to save on your phone like the airlines.

That would work if the edocs were a PDF. They are not.
Sorry, you're right. But if you're on your desktop computer, you can choose "Print this document", save as PDF instead of actually printing, then drag the PDF to iBooks (or Dropbox, or some other cloud service), where it will be synced to all of your iDevices.
Now all you need to do is bring your Mac to the pier. . Does not work on iPhone or iPad.
Well, this was all in response to a poster above who pasted everything into Word…

On the iPhone/iPad, you can also take a screen shot of the top part of the edocs and it will be saved to your Photo feed.

Edited by hawkeyetlse