Queen Mary 2016 World Cruise segment

maina

Thinking about doing a world cruise segment in 2016 that includes Dubai, as we have a grand-daughter who has just accepted a job there that begins in summer 2015. We've been on the QM and would love to go on her again, but I'm having trouble figuring out the 2016 world cruise offerings. I think we'd like to fly over to Dubai from the U.S., visit grand-daughter, then do Dubai-Southampton. Searching on the U.S. Cunard site, there is no Dubai-Southampton leg listed for the QM. However, on a commercial site there is indeed such a segment advertised in the British market, where it is showing as a fly-cruise package. (Iglu is the site--sorry, can't post direct link but if you google "Queen Mary Dubai 2016" you can find it.) I suppose it would be smart to call Cunard to check, but thought I'd ask you folks first since some of you have insights on the vagaries of Cunard's marketing. :confused:

Thanks. I remembered seeing the world cruise segments in a print brochure, which I'd thrown out. Went on the Cunard site and downloaded the 2016 world cruise pdf brochure, and sure enough, there I found the QM Dubai-Southampton segment: 23 days, departing April 18th. For unknown reasons, it doesn't come up when using the interactive search feature on the website, which is what I'd been trying.

Maina, there's also the QE voyage Q603 from Dubai to Southampton...23 days, April 17 to May 10, 2016

Ports of call

Dubai, Salalah, Aqaba, Sharm El Sheikh, Port Said, Suez, Suez Canal, Dardanelles, Istanbul, Dardanelles, Athens, Valletta, Valencia, Southampton

Edited by Salacia

BTW, I just noticed that QE, QV and QM2 are scheduled to sail from Southampton to NY on 10 May, 2016, arriving in NY on 17 May 2016. According to what I read on the 2016 World Cruise brochure, it is an 'add on'.

Edited by Salacia

BTW, I just noticed that QE, QV and QM2 are scheduled to sail from Southampton to NY on 10 May, 2016, arriving in NY on 17 May 2016. According to what I read on the 2016 World Cruise brochure, it is an 'add on'.

I wonder where they will each go when they depart NYC.

Its tempting...Ive booked the full WC on the QV and was disappointed shes not sailing into NY initially so the "add on is tempting but withthe WC at 120 days as it is...127 might be pushing it...

It would be a good way to finish it off though, all three queens leaving on the 10 Jan and finishing it off with a repeat in NY.

Edited by roscoe39

Its tempting...Ive booked the full WC on the QV and was disappointed shes not sailing into NY initially so the "add on is tempting but withthe WC at 120 days as it is...127 might be pushing it...

It would be a good way to finish it off though, all three queens leaving on the 10 Jan and finishing it off with a repeat in NY.

Roscoe, QV starts her world cruise from NY on 3 Jan, 2016 - arriving in Southampton on 10 January - at least that is what is being promoted in the Cunard brochure I received. :confused:

Edited by Salacia

Roscoe, QV starts her world cruise from NY on 3 Jan, 2016 - arriving in Southampton on 10 January - at least that is what is being promoted in the Cunard brochure I received. :confused:

Hi, Salacia.

I suspect the "conventional" QV 2016 world voyage will be considered to be the Southampton to Southampton round trip, Jan 17 - May 10. 2016. The extra "add-on" voyages from New York to Southampton, Jan 10 - Jan 17, 2016 and then from Southampton back to New York, May 10 - May 17, 2016 do provide an "alternative" longer world voyage to market to those of us in North America.

In one of my first posts back in 2010, I made a similar statement about the QV 2010 world voyage having started in New York and ending in Southampton based on the North American brochure I had at the time. I was politely corrected that the QV 2010 world voyage actually began in Southampton after the voyage from New York to Southampton.

Not sure if this helps clear up the confusion, but I do hope it helps some.

Regards,

John.

Hi, Salacia.

I suspect the "conventional" QV 2016 world voyage will be considered to be the Southampton to Southampton round trip, Jan 17 - May 10. 2016. The extra "add-on" voyages from New York to Southampton, Jan 10 - Jan 17, 2016 and then from Southampton back to New York, May 10 - May 17, 2016 do provide an "alternative" longer world voyage to market to those of us in North America.

In one of my first posts back in 2010, I made a similar statement about the QV 2010 world voyage having started in New York and ending in Southampton based on the North American brochure I had at the time. I was politely corrected that the QV 2010 world voyage actually began in Southampton after the voyage from New York to Southampton.

Regards,

John.

Thanks, John. -S.

That doesn't sound right. 7 day crossings on QE and QV sound like a bit of a stretch. I know I'm scheduled for QM2 1/3/16 on QM2 but I don't think the other 2 will be there.

Roy

Hi Roy. If the brochure I received from Cunard is correct, QV and QE are scheduled to be in NYC on Jan.3, 2016 (advertised as being an "add-on" to their World Cruise itinerary as described previously by Blue Marble). -S.

Hi, Salacia.

Regards,

John.

thanks John...but the Qv leaves Southampton on the 10 January...not sure where you are getting a voyage from NY to southampton 10 - 17 january its not showing on any of the sites I am looking at here down under..

Traditionally the World Cruise started in Southampton but I guess they fudge it a little to attract different markets..

none the less...ill be at the docks on 10 january ship or no ship...now if I could work out how to fit a kitchen sink into my trunk Id be happier.

Edited by roscoe39

Hi Roy. If the brochure I received from Cunard is correct, QV and QE are scheduled to be in NYC on Jan.3, 2016 (advertised as being an "add-on" to their World Cruise itinerary as described previously by Blue Marble). -S.

I wish I could get one of those brochures, none have hit our shores for the 2016 world voyage yet, for some reason Australia is telling our agents that it hasn't been printed or published yet!

Edited by roscoe39

Here is the correct itinerary information:

In 2016, all three world cruises will originate and end in Southampton. The three ships will depart Southampton on January 10, 2016. QV and QE will not call in New York.

The world cruises of QV and QE will depart from Southampton on January 10.

QE will sail south to Cape Town and onward, while QV will sail to Fort Lauderdale and onward. The add-on is the January 3-10 eastbound transatlantic crossing of Queen Mary to connect with the QE/QV sailings.

Upon arrival in Southampton on January 10, Queen Mary will cross back to New York and onward around South America.

I wish I could get one of those brochures, none have hit our shores for the 2016 world voyage yet, for some reason Australia is telling our agents that it hasn't been printed or published yet!

Roscoe, are you able to access this webpage? http://www.cunard.com/campaigns/campaign-detail/2016-world-cruises/

If so, you can download the "2016 World & Exotic Cruises" brochure there, although it will be the North American version. Of course, you'll probably need new ink cartridges for your printer after printing the brochure, for all the good it does you!

Cheers,

Salacia

Roscoe, are you able to access this webpage? http://www.cunard.com/campaigns/campaign-detail/2016-world-cruises/

If so, you can download the "2016 World & Exotic Cruises" brochure there, although it will be the North American version. Of course, you'll probably need new ink cartridges for your printer after printing the brochure, for all the good it does you!

Cheers,

Salacia

no unfortunately it takes me back to the australian site...they obviously think we antipodeans are too down market for the 2016 cruise...too bad i fooled them and booked through my fabulous UK agent...1

In 2016, all three world cruises will originate and end in Southampton. The three ships will depart Southampton on January 10, 2016. QV and QE will not call in New York.

QE will sail south to Cape Town and onward, while QV will sail to Fort Lauderdale and onward. The add-on is the January 3-10 eastbound transatlantic crossing of Queen Mary to connect with the QE/QV sailings.

Upon arrival in Southampton on January 10, Queen Mary will cross back to New York and onward around South America.

thanks bobby, that was my understanding but I didn't want to contradict anyone...:eek::)

OOPS!,:o Sorry! Bobby is of course correct! I misread the brochure...for the QV and QE itineraries, the Crossing from NY on Jan 3 is shown, but I just noticed there's a grey box with white type that reads "Add a Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing to begin your world voyage". Please excuse me. -S.

thanks John...but the Qv leaves Southampton on the 10 January...not sure where you are getting a voyage from NY to southampton 10 - 17 january its not showing on any of the sites I am looking at here down under..

Traditionally the World Cruise started in Southampton but I guess they fudge it a little to attract different markets..

none the less...ill be at the docks on 10 january ship or no ship...now if I could work out how to fit a kitchen sink into my trunk Id be happier.

Sorry, that's "my bad" for posting incorrect information about QV's itinerary for 2016. Not only did I get the dates wrong, but I also got the ship wrong! I meant to type Jan 3 - Jan 10, 2016 rather than Jan 10 - 17, 2016. But even then, those dates apply to a QM2 crossing offered as an add-on to the QV world voyage as Salacia has noted in her latest reply. It looks like QV is actually scheduled for a voyage to Copenhagen and Hamburg on Jan 3 - Jan 10, 2016. The crossing from May 10 - May 17, 2016 to extend the QV world voyage back to New York is also on QM2. I sincerely apologize for adding to the confusion with my previous erroneous post.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble