RCCL Beverage Package Discounts/Promos

Lysingers

I noticed over on the Celebrity boards that that line is currently running a promo whereby cruisers can receive a 10% OBC for pre-booking things like fine dining, excursions, and beverage packages. This is at the same time that they are running their 123 Go promo, which already gives you the chance to receive free OBC and/or drink packages anyway. Some of my family members will be on a RCCL cruise in about a month, and are planning on buying the ultimate beverage package for themselves. Does anyone know if there is a chance that Royal might be about to offer any sort of discount on their packages? It seems odd to me that Celebrity runs beverage package promos so often, yet Royal does nothing, considering that they both have the same parent company.

I noticed over on the Celebrity boards that that line is currently running a promo whereby cruisers can receive a 10% OBC for pre-booking things like fine dining, excursions, and beverage packages. This is at the same time that they are running their 123 Go promo, which already gives you the chance to receive free OBC and/or drink packages anyway. Some of my family members will be on a RCCL cruise in about a month, and are planning on buying the ultimate beverage package for themselves. Does anyone know if there is a chance that Royal might be about to offer any sort of discount on their packages? It seems odd to me that Celebrity runs beverage package promos so often, yet Royal does nothing, considering that they both have the same parent company.

Not really odd to me. Running a Company the reason to have different brands would be to offer different things and not to make them the same. If they did it wouldn´t make sense to even have different brands / companies. It would be odd to run the same promos / to make things the same, as then it wouldn´t make sense to even have two different brands. They Need to distinguish.

Royal was doing that too, at least for a reservation in February I forgot I had and just cancelled but I got this email for booking specialty dining:

SAVE UP TO 30% ON SPECIALTY DINING

Before you sail, make reservations for Day 1 of your cruise and receive a 20% onboard credit*. Make 3 or more reservations over the duration of your cruise and get onboard credit to spend any way you like.

NUMBER OF RESERVATIONS RECEIVE CREDIT TO SPEND ONBOARD

3 20% OF THE VALUE OF YOUR RESERVATION

4 25% OF THE VALUE OF YOUR RESERVATION

5+ 30% OF THE VALUE OF YOUR RESERVATION

Plus, kids dine for less. Kids ages 6–12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $8. And 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own menu – a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grown-ups" menu.

I did use the Royal book 3 get 30% OBC promo for specialty dining for my upcoming Explorer cruise.

We had already planned to dine in one on the first night, and do a wine dinner, so the third meal was essentially free.

Royal does on board packages for specialty dining as well (Oasis class come to mind) that offer discounts when you but a package of multiple restaurants. The only downside is that the bigger packages may include restaurants that you aren't interested in.

No need for Royal to throw in drink packages yet, at least until (if) bookings decline. Don't get me wrong I'd love it BUT those packages are built into the cost of the cruise and aren't always something I need (such as on a port-heavy southern carib. cruise where you can easily spend 25% of the cruise off the ship).

Edited by JasonV1

I wonder why Celebrity does it so often. I always thought they were a little higher end, yet I don't find them any more expensive than Royal.

So I wonder why they offer so many "free" perks.

20% of a steak meal toward a OBC is not exactly the same as free anything......

Edited by monctonguy