Star Princess Dry Dock

Love.II.Cruise

Doubt the Star, or Golden, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald or Ruby will get an Alfredo's. The Grand and Sapphire were among the last the get an IC and Vines and Alfredo's was added during those drydocks in 2011/2012. The other ships would end up with a very small Vines with no tapas or sushi served just like on the Grand and Sapphire. As much as we enjoyed Alfredo's on the Sapphire, Grand and Regal, I would rather have the larger Vines area.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Not me. I've been on both The Star and The Golden at least 5 times in the last two years and rarely do I see anyone in Vines. To me, it is a waste of space. Alfredo's is always crowded when it was open. Perhaps that is one reason Princess doesn't replace Vines with Alfredos. It must cost the company more to provide the extra service and pizza.

We were on the Star Princess nov 14-24 to Mexico. They had already started installing new carpet and pulling wires in the ceiling down the hall. No red in carpet both sides looked the same.

I wish they would replace the "stone" floor in the bar by International Cafe. It was carpet but now uneven face stone and the chairs won't slide. Very hard on passengers not to mention the chairs!

Yeah the chairs don't slide well but I love the stone.

Leave the carpet for the passageways.

• 2 years later...
Now it is December 2017. Does anyone know what is going on with dry dock with Star Princess? Thanks!

Our understanding is that it has left drydock and did not sink..... JK! Looks like it is out and getting ready to pick us up in LA in 7 days!

Cheers

Steve & Vicky