My family booked a cruise, and now it's the annual singles' cruise 😧

Our family booked a cruise on the Conquest for March, but just recently, they chose our sailing for the annual singles cruise (Singles from 20 to 30). Please tell me it won't be heck. When I tell my dad, he really won't be happy. They are expecting hundreds of singles... Do you think it will be that bad?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I think it may be less family oriented than the usual mix of guests.

Also, whenever there is any large group on a ship (hundreds of people), it impacts all those not a part of the group by making some venues available only to the group at certain times. Sometimes a lounge is closed, another public space, even pools can be reserved for the group if it is large enough.......

What cruise line is Conquest? There are so many ships, I can't keep track of each cruise line and all their ships. :o

Edited by sail7seas

Aren't college kids too young to go on cruise ships alone?

A post above said they were 20 to 30 year olds. I believe Carnival requires that either every one in a cabin is 21 or there is at least one 25 year old in the cabin.

A post above said they were 20 to 30 year olds. I believe Carnival requires that either every one in a cabin is 21 or there is at least one 25 year old in the cabin.

OP,

You haven't expanded on the make up of your group. I would be very hesitant to take a mid to late teenage girl with the singles group on board.

OP,

You haven't expanded on the make up of your group. I would be very hesitant to take a mid to late teenage girl with the singles group on board.

Two teen guys (12,16) and a teen girl (18), but everything is already booked. Airfare included. (And it is not refundable)

Can I ask what you are worried about?

Not sure what searoses is worried about, but here's my worry. A singles cruise will have lots of 20 - 30 year olds who will be partying and looking to "hook up".

It will be like a weekend night (and morning) on rue Sainte-Catherine every day. Up to you to decide if that's :D or :eek: for your family.

If you haven't let your parents in on this it would be a good idea for you to do so, and quickly would be good.

I'm going to assume they are the ones paying for this holiday, so they should have this information that you have apparently discovered.

No fair to not share.

If you haven't let your parents in on this it would be a good idea for you to do so, and quickly would be good.

I'm going to assume they are the ones paying for this holiday, so they should have this information that you have apparently discovered.

No fair to not share.

My dad will want to cancel, so I rather not tell him. My mom doesn't seem to care. I told her and she just said "woah"

Ok, I found the carnival Victory from Miami, but I don't know if I should change.

The cruise you are on could easily turn into a 6 day version of Animal House. Or, it could be wild only after you have gone to bed and during the day the singles will either be mingling in their cabins or too hung over to get up to very much. Their website doesn't emphasize the party aspect so maybe it attracts a sedate crowd. Hah! Who am I kidding? It is going to be party central. I would change!

Ok, I found the carnival Victory from Miami, but I don't know if I should change.

How about showing your mom the options. :)

Also she may not think the transfer is a big deal to go on what would probably be a more fun cruise for your family.

If it is wild and wooly your dad may not ever want to take the family on a cruise again. :eek:

The cruise you are on could easily turn into a 6 day version of Animal House. Or, it could be wild only after you have gone to bed and during the day the singles will either be mingling in their cabins or too hung over to get up to very much. Their website doesn't emphasize the party aspect so maybe it attracts a sedate crowd. Hah! Who am I kidding? It is going to be party central. I would change!

Please please help me!! The final payment is done for 1 of the 2 rooms (we have two interior rooms). Are we able to still change. We were thinking about the 5 nights on Carnival Victory (we can fit 5 in an ocean view room for 800 dollars less than the Conquest) . We could get transport from FLL airport and stay in Miami for two nights before the cruise. Will there be a fee if I cancel. I just feel sick right now.

How about showing your mom the options. :)

Also she may not think the transfer is a big deal to go on what would probably be a more fun cruise for your family.

If it is wild and wooly your dad may not ever want to take the family on a cruise again. :eek:

The problem is, that I know they will complain. I am a cruise addict and it was hard to convince them to book it. It was the perfect dates (our spring break) and price too. If I explain the situation to them I know they won't be happy. We usually do 7 night cruises, but this time we did a 6 night one. If we go down to 5 nights (Victory) there will be no point in flying down. We live in Canada, so the plane costs a lot for 5 of us. My dad even mentioned before we booked the cruise that anything under 6 nights is not enough and a waste of time...