Visitor onboard?

KCMiller

We're porting at Port Canaveral on our upcoming cruise, and would love to have my daughter, who lives in Orlando, come see us. My parents, who are traveling with us, asked if she could come onboard and visit them in their cabin - is this possible? I know back in the day it was, but I have no idea if this is something that's ever allowed anymore.

Thanks,

KC

Most cruise lines no longer allow guests, but a few still do, so check with the line. There may be a charge. Princess offers Bon Voyage Experience is some embarkation ports. I believe it is $39 per person and includes lunch, tour of ship and other benefits.

It would be an exception and special permission required for you to have a guest visit. You certainly can inquire and should but don't be surprised if permission is denied. Ask headquarters prior to your cruise and ask again shortly after you board the ship.

For all the hoops you/they probably will have to jump through, to sit in your cabin for awhile, I think it would be far more enjoyable to meet them on the dock and go to some nice public venue where you could sit around, have a beverage, a nosh (or a meal) and enjoy the ambiance and each other's company. Or as they're from the area, perhaps they could take you to some attraction you'd like to see? I'd think these options would be a lot more interesting and fun sittin' in a cabin on a ship.