Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Hi Danish Viking, we arrive on Celebrity Eclipse on July 22 docking 10 am till 12mn at Langilinie. We are wanting to visit Kronborg and Friedricksburg castle and maybe Roskilde. If we buy the Copenhagen Card online can we exchange this voucher for the 24 hr pass at the Visitors Information Centre at The port or do we need to get it at Osterport Railway station or central station?

Hoping you can help us with this query and many thanks in advance, David and Wendy

Normally you just get the card and then you just write down with a pen the starting time and date.

But they could have changed procedure, but else I think the closest place that you can collect the card is at Østerport station.

You can already forget Roskilde because its located to the west and castle and Palace to the north.

From Østerport its very easy to do this trip.

Take S-train line A to Hillerød, it goes every 10th minute and takes 33 minutes.

From Hillerød you can walk to Frederiksborg Palace in 20 minutes time or take bus 301 towards Ålholmparken or 302 towards Sophienlund.

Both busses takes 5 minutes and combined they runs every 10th minute.

The walking route

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hiller%C3%B8d+St./Frederiksborg+Slot,+Hiller%C3%B8d/@55.9309557,12.2954464,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465240b95bb5c427:0x1129b986a5f62d62!2m2!1d12.310928!2d55.926923!1m5!1m1!1s0x46524097762941e1:0x12c6a634246b6152!2m2!1d12.301272!2d55.934965!3e2

From Hillerød to Helsingør it takes 26 minutes and the train goes every 30th minute at XX:00 and XX:30.

You can see the castle from the station so no need for help there.

Back to Østerport the Øresundtog train goes every 20th minute and it takes 37 minutes at 03, 23 and 43 past the hour.

How far is the Trivoli from Hotel Bethel.

Do you know if the taxis in Copenhagen have a set price?

How is the weather iN May?

Do we need winter clothing?

Thanks. Iris

Well Islobonita answered to 2 first questions.

But Winther clothes, no but it can get chilly in the mornings evenings but be prepared for everything.

The very looong forecast for May from DMI.dk :D

The month of May seems to be slightly wetter than normal, while the temperature is likely to be close to normal. Some weaker low pressure or fronts are likely over the country from the southwest with brief periods of high pressure ridges in between. The day temperature rises from approximately 10 to 15 degrees at the beginning and up to about 20 degrees to the end of the month. Night temperatures remain the most between 5 and 10 degrees at the beginning but gradually increases to about 10 degrees.

Dear Danish Viking, THANK You for Your prompt reply; I just put in the 8th and it directs me to the 9th (with message note date of departure is 9:5:2015 and differs from Your requested date the 8th). Strange due to the fact the Eurodam will Be in on the 8th. Bus Resources for bus 26 (from Adina Apt) unavailable . Copenhagen Plaza and best western Hebron all rerouted with times over hours. I have e-mailed movia@moviatrafik.dk as well. It seems like bus 26 has moved from central copenhagen to Osterport station without very good connections for cruisers staying downtown. I would recommend everyone go in (Rejseplanen website) and check to see if Bus 26 is leaving from there hotel with connection to osterport station or cruise terminal. I will post if I hear from movia; they state it takes 5 working days. Note to Mummo; edited to May 9 at bottom of page

Edited by lil2queenie
errors

If you go to movia.dk and search for bus 26 the normal timetable shows up.

I took the bus a few days ago when I took the photos from Østerport and there was nothing unusual.

So my guess is that they are updating Rejseplanen with route 27 (whatever that is. :D

I have send movia an email and asked them what its all about.

Now I'm just guessing but my guess is that they plan to run 26 on the normal schedule Monday to Friday.

Then bus 27 will go between Østerport and Oceankaj on weekends and public holidays

If this 27 bus will replace the cruise shuttle its hard to tell, but for now the info about the cruise shuttle is still on movias website.

But stay tuned for more info. :eek:

Edited by Danish viking

If you tell me what date that Friday is I can tell you if it will get crowded or not.

There is no extra charge to get in but arrive before 20:00 to avoid the crowd, but there is a different if its Snoop Dogg or Spids Nøgenhat.

You are a godsend! Thank you so much for the information! After reading this thread, and the 2014 one, I think I'm finally catching on and understanding routes! I'm a slow learner!

The Friday night in question is Aug. 21. I think the concert is a popular dutch performer? Although from Iceland. Her name is Tina Dickow. While I'm not a huge Snoop Dog fan, my husband is a musician and they do play a "folk" type version of Snoop Dog's "Gin and Juice" song.

Edited by reney313

I would love to hear that version, do you have a YouTube clip or something?

Btw Tina Dickow (aka Tina Dico) is actually Danish but her husband is Icelandic so you are not far of.

I can post a YouTube clip from Roskilde festival later so you have an idea of what to expect.

As promised, Tina Dickow aka Tina Dico from Roskilde Festival back in 2008.

The man who sings is Steffen Brandt from the danish band TV2 who will be at Fredagsrock on the 26th of June

Edited by Danish viking

Biiiiiiiiiig news :)

A new bus 27 Between Østerport station, Sløjfen and Oceankaj (UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord busstop) will be in service from 26th of april.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/27-0027-260415.pdf

Mandag fredag means Monday Friday

Lørdag means Saturday

Søn og Helligdage means Sun (day) and holidays.

The holidays are

1st of May Store Bededag - Great Prayer Day

16th of May Ktisti Himmelfartsdag - Ascension Day

24th of May Første Pinsedag - Whit Sunday

25th of May Anden Pinsedag - Whit Monday

5th of June Grundlovsdag - Constitution Day

So now there are busses to Oceankaj in the weekends and public holidays.

For now it seems like bus 26 will continue to Oceankaj in the on Mondays to Fridays and the info about the cruise shuttle is not removed yet so I think this service will still be in effect on the busy cruise days.

Hello from Colorado Danish Viking! Party of three adults arriving in Copenhagen precruise on May 6, 2015- cruising on Norwegian Star on May 11. We look forward to exploring your beautiful city! Hotel Bethel is full- do you have any suggestions for another place that is convenient to public transportation- does not need to be fancy, we are most interested in feeling like it is "Copenhagen"- thank you in advance (not so experienced travelers)

We will be finishing our cruise on July 5 and was wondering what is the best and fastest way to get from the cruise terminal to the main train station. We are wanting to catch a train to Berlin the same day.

Thanks in advance for all your helpful information.:)

I would love to hear that version, do you have a YouTube clip or something?

Btw Tina Dickow (aka Tina Dico) is actually Danish but her husband is Icelandic so you are not far of.

I can post a YouTube clip from Roskilde festival later so you have an idea of what to expect.

Ha! I don't have it on You Tube, but moved my setting on FB for the video to public. It's just a short clip from a local bar:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203707046612402&set=vb.1104834242&type=3&theater

They have other clips on their band FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/peteanddavemusic/videos

I'll look the clip up on You Tube for the Roskilde Festival. Thanks!

Edited by reney313

Normally you just get the card and then you just write down with a pen the starting time and date.

But they could have changed procedure, but else I think the closest place that you can collect the card is at Østerport station.

You can already forget Roskilde because its located to the west and castle and Palace to the north.

From Østerport its very easy to do this trip.

Take S-train line A to Hillerød, it goes every 10th minute and takes 33 minutes.

From Hillerød you can walk to Frederiksborg Palace in 20 minutes time or take bus 301 towards Ålholmparken or 302 towards Sophienlund.

Both busses takes 5 minutes and combined they runs every 10th minute.

The walking route

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hiller%C3%B8d+St./Frederiksborg+Slot,+Hiller%C3%B8d/@55.9309557,12.2954464,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465240b95bb5c427:0x1129b986a5f62d62!2m2!1d12.310928!2d55.926923!1m5!1m1!1s0x46524097762941e1:0x12c6a634246b6152!2m2!1d12.301272!2d55.934965!3e2

From Hillerød to Helsingør it takes 26 minutes and the train goes every 30th minute at XX:00 and XX:30.

You can see the castle from the station so no need for help there.

Back to Østerport the Øresundtog train goes every 20th minute and it takes 37 minutes at 03, 23 and 43 past the hour.

THANK YOU SO MUCH DANISH VIKING WE REALLY APPRECIATE[emoji4] ALL YOUR HELP Wendy and David

We will be finishing our cruise on July 5 and was wondering what is the best and fastest way to get from the cruise terminal to the main train station. We are wanting to catch a train to Berlin the same day.

Thanks in advance for all your helpful information.:)

The fastest way is of course a taxi but are you aware that the train to Hamburg starts at Østerport so you could in reality just take bus 27 or the cruise shuttle to Østerport and get on the train there.

Sadly the only direct train to Berlin goes around 07:45 but it takes the same route to Hamburg via the Rødby-Puttgarden Ferry, you just change train in Hamburg instead.

Hello Danish Viking ......

Thank you for taking so much of your time to answer everyone's questions.

We will be in Copenhagen in a couple of weeks and one of the days we will be there is Friday May 1st. We were planning to take a tour of the museums and Palaces and other such atttractions - but now that we realize it is a National Holiday will everything be closed ?? Are stores and shops also closed??

Please let us know ....Thanks sincerely, John and Charlotte Daniels, Canada

Dear Danish Viking Hello it is me the big wrench hammer; I agree Malo-Osterport station does exist. But the morning of the 8th until 11:00 AM shows as example arrival 11:00 Osterport station depart Osterport station 11:00. I guess i could leap off the train without luggage? How would they call that a stop without even a minute to get off???? Heeeeelp:eek: Maybe You understand it better; Would appreciate it if You could post reply and Thank You!

Hello Danish Viking ......

Thank you for taking so much of your time to answer everyone's questions.

We will be in Copenhagen in a couple of weeks and one of the days we will be there is Friday May 1st. We were planning to take a tour of the museums and Palaces and other such atttractions - but now that we realize it is a National Holiday will everything be closed ?? Are stores and shops also closed??

Please let us know ....Thanks sincerely, John and Charlotte Daniels, Canada

Shops will be closed but expect all restaurants, museums and tourist attractions to be open.

Dear Danish Viking Hello it is me the big wrench hammer; I agree Malo-Osterport station does exist. But the morning of the 8th until 11:00 AM shows as example arrival 11:00 Osterport station depart Osterport station 11:00. I guess i could leap off the train without luggage? How would they call that a stop without even a minute to get off???? Heeeeelp:eek: Maybe You understand it better; Would appreciate it if You could post reply and Thank You!

I think the normal stopping time at the stations is around 30-40 seconds so there should be enough time to get .

If you want to be sure to have enough time to get off then just go to the door after the train leaves Nørreport.

Acdat1, Hello My husband and myself are staying in Malmo and I was wondering if You had made Your reservation thru Oresundstag from Malmo? They will not accept my credit card, I am hesitant to make it when We arrive there. Was wondering if You made Your reservation ahead of time and incurred any issues or problems. Thank You for info.

Edited by lil2queenie

I hope its okay I respond as well.

There is no seat reservations or such thing on the Øresundstog train, you just buy it at the station.

The train runs over the Øresund sound every 20th minute and every 10th in the rush hour so if you're not make it on time then don't worry.

Btw don't buy regular tickets because that is too expensive.

Buy the Øresund Familie (family) ticket instead, its valid for 2 adults and 3 children's.

You will save alot of money by doing this instead, I can post the price when I get on my computer but else it's posted a few pages back in this thread.

Good Morning all,

Wondering if someone can comment on the VAT on NCL cruises embarking Copenhagen Sept 2015 around the British Isles to Dover. Onboard the ship, will there be VAT added to the shore excursions? How about the UBP or UDP or Caps and Corks pkg. I know we can pre book early.. but I was wanting to know about booking once we are on board. Viva Vino pkg is not available for booking ahead of time ...right, with or without VAT.

Acdat1, Hello My husband and myself are staying in Malmo and I was wondering if You had made Your reservation thru Oresundstag from Malmo? They will not accept my credit card, I am hesitant to make it when We arrive there. Was wondering if You made Your reservation ahead of time and incurred any issues or problems. Thank You for info.

No we were just going to by tickets when we get to the airport.

I hope its okay I respond as well.

There is no seat reservations or such thing on the Øresundstog train, you just buy it at the station.

The train runs over the Øresund sound every 20th minute and every 10th in the rush hour so if you're not make it on time then don't worry.

Btw don't buy regular tickets because that is too expensive.

Buy the Øresund Familie (family) ticket instead, its valid for 2 adults and 3 children's.

You will save alot of money by doing this instead, I can post the price when I get on my computer but else it's posted a few pages back in this thread.

We have 2 adults and 4 children. Will we be able to us the family ticket since one of the children is 2?