Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Danish Viking, do both of the following require a 3 zone ticket?

Airport to central station

Central station to cruise port

Thanks.

No there are 3 zones from airport to central station but only 2 zones to the cruise port, I´m guessing you mean Oceankaj.

City is of course the downtown area. Located in zone number 1, red area.

Lufthavnen is the danish word for the airport. Located in zone number 4, the yellow area.

The cruise ports are located in the Østerbro district. Top of zone 1, red area.

As you can see you you travel between 3 colours to go to the airport, ergo its 3 zones.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/kort/zoneoversigt/Documents/Hovedstadsomraadet/1.pdf

Hi Danish Viking,

A little while ago you provided excellent information on how to get from Osterport station to Fredericksborg Slot. I have 3 questions:

Will I need a separate ticket for the bus in Hillerod – and if so can I buy it on the bus – or does my train ticket include bus travel within the destination travel zone?

When I come back to Osterport can I stay on the train to any station up to Kopenhaven Central station as I think that is still zone 1?

I’m struggling to follow the train tracks in the map – would you be so kind to tell me which stations are between Osterport and Kopenhaven Central station?

Thank you!

Yes the ticket is valid for the bus, its valid 2 hours efter purchase on all public transportation.

Yes the ticket is valid down to København H (central station)

From Østerport it goes like this.

Østerport

Nørreport

Vesterport (but only the S-train stops here)

København H

Danish Viking,

I hope you can help, I'm so confused!

I have a ticket through Central Station to arrive at Nordhavn Station at 13:47 on June 5th, which is a public holiday.

I need to board a ship at Oceankaj, which leaves at 17:00 and I'm supposed to be on board at least 2 hours before departure.

What is the best way to get from either Central Station or Nordhavn Station at this time of day on a public holiday? Can I count on there being taxis at Nordhavn, or is there a better way?

Thank you for any help!

Bus 27 or cruise shuttle from Østerport station sløjfen will be my bet guess.

I´m not so sure about getting a taxi at Nordhavn because I can´t remember to have seen one the times I have used that station.

If you are gonna get a taxi then Nørreport is a better place to get a taxi, because there are plenty of them and its closer to the port compared to the central station.

Østerport is also a place where plenty of taxies pass by.

But remember that the busses stops at the backside of the station at sløjfen (see my guide with pictures a few pages back) and taxies stops at the front of the station.

But to clarify, both bus 27 and the cruise shuttles has plenty of departures from Østerport station, sløjfen.

Bus 27 or cruise shuttle from Østerport station sløjfen will be my bet guess.

I´m not so sure about getting a taxi at Nordhavn because I can´t remember to have seen one the times I have used that station.

If you are gonna get a taxi then Nørreport is a better place to get a taxi, because there are plenty of them and its closer to the port compared to the central station.

Østerport is also a place where plenty of taxies pass by.

But remember that the busses stops at the backside of the station at sløjfen (see my guide with pictures a few pages back) and taxies stops at the front of the station.

But to clarify, both bus 27 and the cruise shuttles has plenty of departures from Østerport station, sløjfen.

Tusind tak!

The Copenhagen Port website http://www1.cmport.com/ships-in-port/calls says you will be at quay C330. We are on the same ship on May 20th - can't wait!

Hello, I am on the eurodam may 8,and the ship departs at 4:PM; I will arrive by bus at 2:06PM AT QUAY. Will I be allowed to board. Also does anyone know the terminal number?? Any help with be greatly appreciated.;)

Hello, I am on the eurodam may 8,and the ship departs at 4:PM; I will arrive by bus at 2:06PM AT QUAY. Will I be allowed to board. Also does anyone know the terminal number?? Any help with be greatly appreciated.;)

As already stated, your ship is docked at Oceankaj.

I don't know what your cruise line says to this but I was guessing that 2 hours before departure should be plenty of time.

But perhaps safety drills and such things most likely take place before departure and I don't know if they are mandatory.

Its probably a huge surprise but my only cruise experience is the cruise ferry between Copenhagen and Oslo and we definitely didn't have a safety drill.

I have a ticket through Central Station to arrive at Nordhavn Station at 13:47 on June 5th, which is a public holiday.

I need to board a ship at Oceankaj, which leaves at 17:00 and I'm supposed to be on board at least 2 hours before departure.

We're on the same ship! (I think - NCL Star). I don't recognize your name, have you been over to our meet up thread? There are a lot of us over there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1985920

Yes the ticket is valid for the bus, its valid 2 hours efter purchase on all public transportation.

Yes the ticket is valid down to København H (central station)

From Østerport it goes like this.

Østerport

Nørreport

Vesterport (but only the S-train stops here)

København H

Thanks so much for the quick response, we're lucky to have access to your vast local knowledge!

Danish Viking, we plan to take the train to Malmo on June 7, I know there are "family tickets" availableand I had seen a link to this a couple of months back but am unable to get find it now. Would you be able to help me please? Thanks:)

You can't get it online but you can buy it in 7-eleven at the stations, the ticket sales and the ticket machines.

Remember to a ticket for both ways.

If you want to calculate the price go to øresund.dk switch to English and then there should be an option called Øresund or something like that in the right side of your screen.

Thanks Danish Viking, can more than two adults use the family duo card? We will be eight, so does it make sense to take two taxis from Langelinie to central station and back or will it be cheaper to just take the bus? Thanks for all you help, really appreciate it, I think I am done for now (or at least until I next think of something:D)

Hi Danish Viking

I have read this entire useful thread, where you have already answered most of my questions.

We are staying at the Park Inn Radisson for 3 nights before our cruise, which they say is right next to Fermoren station (we got it free with our airmiles). So we will take the metro from the airport to get there, but I presume we would have to change somewhere (Norreport?) to get to Osterport for our ship, which is the Eurodam on May 20th?

Thanks

Dear Danish Viking ; We arrive Osterport station at noon on the website Rejseplanen the scheduling show bus 27 times at 12:15, then 12:45, then 13:15, for departure May 8th from Osterport(St Slojfen to Oceanjak). Do you know if this is correct; as I am not showing these times or not understanding these scheduled times on the DOT schedule for 27(which you posted). Which one is accurate? I am trying to arrive at Oceanjak between 13:00 or 13:30. Thank you again for your help; you are the Copenhagen Travel Guru!

Hi Danish Viking

I have read this entire useful thread, where you have already answered most of my questions.

We are staying at the Park Inn Radisson for 3 nights before our cruise, which they say is right next to Fermoren station (we got it free with our airmiles). So we will take the metro from the airport to get there, but I presume we would have to change somewhere (Norreport?) to get to Osterport for our ship, which is the Eurodam on May 20th?

Thanks

Yes either you take the metro towards Vanløse and change for a regionaltog or Øresundstog train at Nørreport.

The Regionaltog trains ends in Østerport and the Øresundstog is heading towards Nivå and Helsingør.

If you take the S-train you will have to walk a little longer at Østerport.

You can also take the metro back to the airport and take the Øresund train from there.

I've been reading and studying the metro and train system and where I should be getting on and off, but I have to admit I'm a bit nervous that I will either get on the wrong train or get off at the wrong stop. For someone who doesn't know the language, would it be easy for this to happen? Are the trains and stops well marked, announcements made? Thanks.

Dear Danish Viking ; We arrive Osterport station at noon on the website Rejseplanen the scheduling show bus 27 times at 12:15, then 12:45, then 13:15, for departure May 8th from Osterport(St Slojfen to Oceanjak). Do you know if this is correct; as I am not showing these times or not understanding these scheduled times on the DOT schedule for 27(which you posted). Which one is accurate? I am trying to arrive at Oceanjak between 13:00 or 13:30. Thank you again for your help; you are the Copenhagen Travel Guru!

I will answer your post tomorrow.

Because there has been some new changes so I have some new info.

The old bus 26 cruise shuttle has from this season been replaced with bus 25. So new info tomorrow. :D

I've been reading and studying the metro and train system and where I should be getting on and off, but I have to admit I'm a bit nervous that I will either get on the wrong train or get off at the wrong stop. For someone who doesn't know the language, would it be easy for this to happen? Are the trains and stops well marked, announcements made? Thanks.

Both the S-train and metro shows the next station on screens and major stops is announced in English.

The busses has also announcement of the stops but not in English and the next stop is shown on the info screens as well.