Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Hi Danish Viking:

We have an overnight on the Eurodam June 24 and a flight at 9:55 am on the 25th.

Will there be taxis at Oceankaj at 6:00 am or should we make other arrangements? We will be 4 adults with 4 large suitcases.

Thanks! Your posts are so helpful.

(p.s. sorry if this has been answered earlier)

I hope this is correct - tillykke med fodselsdagen. Jeg vil drikke en dbeer i din aere.

Thank you for all the time you spend answering questions on Cruise Critic. Cheers!

Well beer is translated to øl.

But we don't have that expression in Danish, its more like like I'm toasting for you/jeg skåler for dig.

But that is not 100 % correct either :D

Hi Danish Viking:

We have an overnight on the Eurodam June 24 and a flight at 9:55 am on the 25th.

Will there be taxis at Oceankaj at 6:00 am or should we make other arrangements? We will be 4 adults with 4 large suitcases.

Thanks! Your posts are so helpful.

(p.s. sorry if this has been answered earlier)

You can be sure that the taxi companies knows where the money are so you should have no problem in getting a taxi.

Maybe there will be a line to get a taxi but eventually it will be your turn.

OK, YOU ASKED FOR IT. What is the weather been in Copenhagen and what is the 10 day forecast. Thanks.

Earlier in april we had 15-20 degress but atm we have around 12-15´ish.

The weather forecast until the 17th of may looks okay. :D

http://www.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/byvejr/by/vis/DK/1000/K%C3%B8benhavn,%20Danmark/

A belated happy birthday to you and your twin, hope you both had a great day. Thank you for this forum, you've been so kind to provide so much information.

We have a question that we hope you may be able to answer. We are interested in taking a day-trip from Copenhagen (our hotel is in Nyhavn) to the island of Mon with the desire of visiting the ancestral home-area of Harbolle. While we realize this will really cut into our pre-cruise time in Copenhagen, we are very excited about the possibility. We have up to a full day we could use for this excursion, if needed. The private tours I've looked at are extremely pricey for 2 people, in the $1200+ USD range :eek: and I don't expect any on our roll call to share our particular interest! We're not sure where else to look for tours to Mon. Do you think it would be fairly simple for us to rent a car in the city and drive there (and back) without mishap? Or are there less expensive, local tours to Mon that we might be able to book to accomplish our desire?

Thank you so much, definitely appreciate any advice you can give.

Best wishes!

Hello again Danish Viking,

We have finalize our day trip and is wondering if you can review and let us know whether it requires any amendment.

Arrival:

May 23rd approx. 10:00 am, travel to Axel Guldsmeden by Metro

Once settle down, we plan to take a bus to Torvehallerne and grab a quick bite. Then visit Rosenborg Castle, the round tower, Netto Canal Tour, Christianborg Palace (if time permits). Follow by taking a walk down the Stroget, and dinner at Cofoco.

May 24th, get ready for embarkation.

I understand most of the places are closed on Sunday. Do you know if there are any nice cafe near our hotel for a light morning breakfast?

Thank you again for your input. :)

I have few inputs

You can´t take the metro to the central station.

Instead you can take any train from track 2 at the airport tation.

To Torvehallerne you just take any S-train from track 9 and 10 at the central station to Nørreport and walk from there.

For breakfast at Vesterbro where your hotel is located the AOK website recommend these...

Andersen Bakery

Bernstorffsgade 5, 1577 København V

Zugar Baby

Vesterbrogade 113, 1620 København V

Gjæstgiveriet - Musik Conditoriet

Vesterbrogade 148 E, 1620 København V

Barbar bar

Vesterbrogade 51, 1620 København V

Bang & Jensen

Istedgade 130, 1650 København V

A belated happy birthday to you and your twin, hope you both had a great day. Thank you for this forum, you've been so kind to provide so much information.

We have a question that we hope you may be able to answer. We are interested in taking a day-trip from Copenhagen (our hotel is in Nyhavn) to the island of Mon with the desire of visiting the ancestral home-area of Harbolle. While we realize this will really cut into our pre-cruise time in Copenhagen, we are very excited about the possibility. We have up to a full day we could use for this excursion, if needed. The private tours I've looked at are extremely pricey for 2 people, in the $1200+ USD range :eek: and I don't expect any on our roll call to share our particular interest! We're not sure where else to look for tours to Mon. Do you think it would be fairly simple for us to rent a car in the city and drive there (and back) without mishap? Or are there less expensive, local tours to Mon that we might be able to book to accomplish our desire?

Thank you so much, definitely appreciate any advice you can give.

Best wishes!

Public transport is hopeless so my best guess is to rent a car or try this link instead.

http://www.guides.dk/

Here are a couple of suggestions.

I have added the email adress for the companies that only provides a danish website.

Strøby Turist:

http://www.stroebyturist.dk/

info@stroebyturist.dk

Larsen Bus - Københavns Bustrafik

http://larsenbus.dk/

mail@Larsenbus.dk

Herfølge Turistfart

http://www.incoming-denmark.dk

Viking Bus

http://www.vikingbus.com/

Lyngby Turistfart

http://www.lyngbyturistfart.dk/contact-us.html

There are many many more but this should do it.

Thanks DV.

We'll check them out. I really appreciate your help.

There are 3 platforms at Nørreport.

2 platforms just below street level located in a northern/southern direction, the westernmost located is the S-trains and the easternmost located is for long distance trains (including the trains from the airport.

These platforms has stairs in both ends of the platform and 1 or 2 elevators to street level.

Under these platforms there is a transfer tunnel connecting these platforms with metro.

The metro platform is located west of the S-train platform in a east/western direction, but is located very deep in the ground as it has the pass under the 2 other platforms

This platform has 2 elevators to street level and one to the transfertunnel.

There is also a set of escalators to street level and to the transfer tunnel.

If you look at the map of Nørreport I linked to when I posted about the new bus 25 you can see it more clearly.

Hi Danish Viking,

Have you been able to confirm on where bus 25 stop at Norreport yet?

From Central station to Norreport/Osteport to catch bus 25, which train should we take: S-train or RE? Please advise!

Thanks,

Hi Danish Viking,

Have you been able to confirm on where bus 25 stop at Norreport yet?

From Central station to Norreport/Osteport to catch bus 25, which train should we take: S-train or RE? Please advise!

Thanks,

I have not been able to confirm it yet.

Regarding the train I will say that both options are equally good but the S-train runs more often.