Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Hi Danish Viking,

Is it possible, or sensible, to try and see Roskilde/ship and Kronborg Castle on the same day?

We have four days in Copenhagen, but with the jet lag from Los Angeles and Copenhagen's unpredictable weather, I thought if we had one really nice day it might be fun to see both of these things -- despite the fact that they are at right angles to each other. ;) I've read that either place can be seen in one afternoon trip out of Copenhagen, so why not take the whole day and see both, plus whatever we can see from the train? Is it feasible?

Thank you. No guidebook or site can top a human being.

Sylvia

Ups I missed thit post.

What day had you planned this trip, If I know the date I can look up train schedules, opening hours etc.

Thanks for all!!! the information here.

We dock at 10am at Langelinie Wed 5th August (X Eclipse) and we would like to make the 11am walking tour that leaves from the Town Hall. I believe there is a bus that departs from stop #26 at the pier, but would it be quicker just to walk there instead of waiting for the bus? Aprox how long would the bus take from the stop to the Town Hall, or to walk there?

Many thanks!

Danish Viking, thank you for all the work you did on your route planner for Oceankaj. You have eased the minds of hundreds, if not thousands, of cruise passengers with your detailed instructions and photos.

Edited by GradUT

I will be heading to the cruise port from Radisson Blu Royal and also returning there post-cruise. Would it make more sense to take the bus the whole way to Oceankaj, or should I take the train to Osterport and connect with the bus there?

Edited by cruisewiththekids

Ups I missed thit post.

What day had you planned this trip, If I know the date I can look up train schedules, opening hours etc.

Hi DV,

We arrive in Copenhagen on Sunday afternoon, June 13, and our ship departs on Wednesday, June 17. So realistically we're talking Monday through Wednesday.

Thanks,

Sylvia

Hello Danish Viking,

We are traveling into Copenhagen on June 19th for Disney cruise on June 20th. We are staying at the Marriott on Kalvebod Brygge and wondered about traveling to the Frilandsmusset and Bakken amusement park for same day with any recommendations for best way to potentially do both attractions from Copenhagen. We will not have a car and will be traveling with our 8 yr old daughter. Thank you for any advice, recommendations or even alternative ideas for us.

Warmest regards,

Eric

Thanks for all!!! the information here.

We dock at 10am at Langelinie Wed 5th August (X Eclipse) and we would like to make the 11am walking tour that leaves from the Town Hall. I believe there is a bus that departs from stop #26 at the pier, but would it be quicker just to walk there instead of waiting for the bus? Aprox how long would the bus take from the stop to the Town Hall, or to walk there?

Many thanks!

If you take the 10:22 bus you will be at the Town Hall Square at 10:43.

On foot it will take 45 minutes.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Langeliniekaj+(Midt)/R%C3%A5dhuspladsen,+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6872312,12.5647187,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252dda8e3b789:0x177c1078db48f2c3!2m2!1d12.600197!2d55.698501!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530dfbdd1e99:0x2717b01caaedfd10!2m2!1d12.569128!2d55.675914!3e2

I will be heading to the cruise port from Radisson Blu Royal and also returning there post-cruise. Would it make more sense to take the bus the whole way to Oceankaj, or should I take the train to Osterport and connect with the bus there?

The only way you can take the bus is to take 26 from the central station and then change to either bus 25 or 27 from Østerport.

Else you take the train to either Nørreport (only bus 25) or Østerport and take the busses from there.

Hello Danish Viking,

We are traveling into Copenhagen on June 19th for Disney cruise on June 20th. We are staying at the Marriott on Kalvebod Brygge and wondered about traveling to the Frilandsmusset and Bakken amusement park for same day with any recommendations for best way to potentially do both attractions from Copenhagen. We will not have a car and will be traveling with our 8 yr old daughter. Thank you for any advice, recommendations or even alternative ideas for us.

Warmest regards,

Eric

Thats a wonderful trip that you have planned.

From the central station you take S-train line E towards Holte from track 9-10, the trip takes 24 minutes and it departs every 10th minute.

You then get off in Sorgenfri and walk to the museum from there.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Sorgenfri+St.,+Virum/Frilandsmuseet,+Kongevejen,+Kongens+Lyngby/@55.7846902,12.4840048,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46524e4fe2db6a9b:0xf7525517b8e7e95!2m2!1d12.483542!2d55.781255!1m5!1m1!1s0x46524e5a2fc4c59d:0x3a881fd06ba27337!2m2!1d12.494721!2d55.788323!3e2

To get to Bakken you simply just walk back to Sorgenfri, take the s train back towards Copenhagen.

You then get off at Hellerup, take either the Øresundstog towards Nivå (not Helsingør) and get off in Klampenborg or take S-train line C to Klampenborg.

From here you can walk through the forrest to Bakken or take a horse carriage ride.

The first trip cost 60 kroner for a 5 zone ticket.

The next trip is 24 kroner for a 2 zone ticket.

The last trip is 48 kroner for a 4 zone ticket.

The total trip cost for one person is 132 kroner but if you buy a 24 hour ticket itb will will cost you 130 kroner and you don´t have to worry if you got the correct ticket.

The kid will travel for free.

Edited by Danish viking

Hi DV,

We arrive in Copenhagen on Sunday afternoon, June 13, and our ship departs on Wednesday, June 17. So realistically we're talking Monday through Wednesday.

Thanks,

Sylvia

Both Kronborg and the viking ship museum opens at 10:00 but Kronborg stays open for 30 more minutes so the best way is to start in Roskilde.

First you take a train from the central station to Roskilde.

Take the Intercity train towards Odense from the central station at 09:29 at get off at Roskilde at 09:50.

Bus 203 towards Veddelev departs at 09:57 and gets you off at Vikingeskibsmuseet bus stop at 10:03.

If you think that 7 minutes is to short tiume to change from train to bus you can take a regionaltog train towards Ringsted at 09:16, it will be at Roskilde 09:43.

To find the bus just look here

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Roskilde.pdf

Back to Roskilde the bus departs at 20 and 52 past the hour.

Take the bus 12:52 bus back to Roskilde.

Then you have 19 minutes before your train departs.

Take the 13:18 train towards Østerport and get off at Nørreport 13:50.

From the same track you 5 minutes later take the Øresundstog train towards Helsingør and that is also your destination.

You are in Helsingør 14:36.

Then you have aprox 2,5 hours in Kronborg.

Thank you, DV, what a helpful reply!

One question: When you say, "Take the 13:18 train towards Osterport", is that from Roskilde? So we wouldn't have to go back to Copenhagen before going on to Kronburg?

Thanks,

Sylvia

Thanks for all this great info, DV!

We will plan to visit Roskilde after the festival ends, to avoid the crowds. I'm a little confused about all the viking "opportunities" nearby - my husband wants to see everything with the word "viking" attached, but I would rather just have one or two quality experiences - can you help me narrow down from the following?

1. Roskilde Vikingeskibsmuseet (see 5 Viking ships, sail on a reconstructed longboat (upcharge) - is this different from the "Roskilde Museum" included on the Copenhagen Card? they have different addresses)

2. Frederikssund Vikingespil (http://www.vikingespillet.dk "viking plays" going on through July 12 - is this a popular event that requires advance tickets, or can we buy them at the gate? Would it be feasible to go there in the evening after visiting the castles in Hillerod and Helsingor?)

3. Foteviken Viking open-air museum (viking village reconstruction outside Malmo; is train/bus travel between Copenhagen and Sweden difficult?)

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for all this great info, DV!

We will plan to visit Roskilde after the festival ends, to avoid the crowds. I'm a little confused about all the viking "opportunities" nearby - my husband wants to see everything with the word "viking" attached, but I would rather just have one or two quality experiences - can you help me narrow down from the following?

1. Roskilde Vikingeskibsmuseet (see 5 Viking ships, sail on a reconstructed longboat (upcharge) - is this different from the "Roskilde Museum" included on the Copenhagen Card? they have different addresses)

2. Frederikssund Vikingespil (http://www.vikingespillet.dk "viking plays" going on through July 12 - is this a popular event that requires advance tickets, or can we buy them at the gate? Would it be feasible to go there in the evening after visiting the castles in Hillerod and Helsingor?)

3. Foteviken Viking open-air museum (viking village reconstruction outside Malmo; is train/bus travel between Copenhagen and Sweden difficult?)

Thanks for your help!

1) Roskilde Museum is more like a town museum.

2) yes its a very popular event but its possible to buy tickets 2,5 hours before the shows.

If you finish your castle tour in Hillerød at Frederiksborg Castle you can take bus 600S towards Hundige and get off in Ølstykke.

From Here S-train line H will take you the last part to Frederikssund.

The trip takes between 44 and 52 minutes.

3) The viking market in Foteviken is only on from the 26th to 28th of June but if you want to visit the museum anyways it only takes 1 hour or so.

Take the train towards Malmö and get of in Hyllie, from here bus 300 towards Falsterbo will get you to Föllviken Centrum in 11 minutes.

I don´t know how you get to the museum from there.

Thanks again, DV!

If we get to Frederikssund 2,5hrs early to get our tickets for the 20:00 show, are there things to do in the town for 2 hours while we wait? (From the website it looks like the 'viking market' isn't running the weekend of 7/4).

I don´t think you ned to be there 2,5 hour before, its just the ticket sales that opens 2,5 hour before.

On Saturday the 4th the show starts at 20:00 and Sunday the 5th the show starts at 16:00.

There is no show on Monday the 6th.

ohh sorry you talked about the viking marked.

No its only between the 19th to the 21st of June.

Frederiksund is a small town so there is not much happening outside the shops opening hours.

But you can maybe go to a restaurant or cafe to get a nice dinner.

At Sillebroen shopping center you will find Cafe Vivaldi or the The Beef House.

Thank you very much Danish Viking. It has been said numerous times and hope you know how much we all appreciate your advice, fast follow-up and of course, your recommendations for making the most of our time in your wonderful country & city. Thanks again.

Eric

Edited by magens93

Thank you.

Strange as it may seem but I'm actually thinks its interesting to put up travel itinerarys and such so its only better if the request are more outside the box.

And don't misunderstand me, i don't mind helping with the simple questions but its not so challenging to tell what the price of a taxi is. :D

Copenhagen and St Petersburg were the two highlights of my Baltic Cruise.

I want to thank you again, Danish Viking, for all your help with Copenhagen.

Edited by hobbess

Hi DV,

Thank you for the bus schedules. I was able to access that once, but couldn't remember how I did it!

Another question...If we end up going from Amalienborg Palace to Rosenborg Castle is there a good way to do that rather than walk or are we best off just walking?

Chris