Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Yes bus 66 towards Børsen will get you off at Mitchellsgade just infront of the hotel.

Thank you , I found it on google maps.

Which way do I exit from the central station?

Edited by ISLABONITA

Hi Danish Viking

Like everyone else, I am grateful for your advice and generosity with your time.

I'm arriving June 16 at 3 pm on on the Eclipse for a 26 hour stay, docking at Oceankaj. I have the Copenhagen card and would like to do the canal tour from Gammel Strand then Tivoli that first day (since all else on our list of to do's closes at 4ish, so those will on the next day). What's your recommended fastest way/stops from Oceankaj to nearest transit stop for Gammel Strand, figuring starting with the 25 or 27 bus, then any transport option since we have the card? (Then we'll probably walk over to Tivoli after our canal tour . . . it looks close!)

If you could get 10 kroner for every question you answered, you would be such a rich man!

Thank you!

Thank you , I found it on google maps.

Which way do I exit from the central station?

It's the bus terminal between the central station and Tivoli.

When you use the exit towards Tivoli it will be on your right hand.

Edited by Danish viking

Hi Danish Viking

Like everyone else, I am grateful for your advice and generosity with your time.

I'm arriving June 16 at 3 pm on on the Eclipse for a 26 hour stay, docking at Oceankaj. I have the Copenhagen card and would like to do the canal tour from Gammel Strand then Tivoli that first day (since all else on our list of to do's closes at 4ish, so those will on the next day). What's your recommended fastest way/stops from Oceankaj to nearest transit stop for Gammel Strand, figuring starting with the 25 or 27 bus, then any transport option since we have the card? (Then we'll probably walk over to Tivoli after our canal tour . . . it looks close!)

If you could get 10 kroner for every question you answered, you would be such a rich man!

Thank you!

Your welcome :)

You are correct, take bus 25 or 27 runs to Østerport, from there you take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Christiansborg.

Just across the small channel you can see the dock for the Stromma canal tour.

Danish viking

We have a 1535 flight on SAS to Paris on July 15th what time should we get to the airport? We would like to explore some in the morning but don’t want to cut the time too short to get through security and check our bags.

thanks

I followed up with the port gen manager, arnt.moller@cmport.com, based on their news release from October. Here is the link to the release:

http://www.cmport.com/news-and-media/pressreleases/2014/2014-10-08

I believe the gm forwarded my email to the company which handles the process.

By the way, I am not sure if the service is free at all because if you visit the company website the service is fee based. But I emailed them to see if the service is free or is discounted for cruise line customers.

Hi, Mokamaki,

I am wondering if you've got a chance to find out if they charge a fee for bag checking service? Thanks.

HelloKittymom

Danish viking

We have a 1535 flight on SAS to Paris on July 15th what time should we get to the airport? We would like to explore some in the morning but don’t want to cut the time too short to get through security and check our bags.

thanks

Around 14:00-14:30.

The latest check in time is 35 minutes before departure that that is probably only working without any checked in luggage.

You are also traveling during the busy summer months so that could add a long line both at check in and security.

So to be on the safe side just arrive around 14:00 and if you are in good time there are plenty of shops in the airport to kill off some time.

Is there a store that sells wine (preferably one with good prices) near the First Hotel Mayfair? If not, is there a store from which I could order wine to be delivered to the hotel?

Thank you.

Mad Cooporativet or something like that at the central station or the Føtex located further along Vesterbrogade (opposite direction of the central station)

Hello Danish Viking

First time poster on this thread.

Looking for a hotel close to the port Ndr. Tolbod...not having much luck on the web.

We are embarking the silver cloud in July.

Can you suggest anything?

Thanks in advance

1) If you take the S-train it will only be from track 9 and 10.

Directions on a Saturday is line A for Hillerød, C for Klampenborg and B for Farum.

Every line departs every 10th minute so there should be one every 3-4 minute.

http://www.dsb.dk/Global/Trafikinformation/Kort/Linjef%C3%B8ringskort%20for%20S-tog%202015.pdf

2) I don´t think I can´t make it more clear than the map I posted of Østerport.

But you turn right when exiting the train, walk up to the pedestrian bridge at the end of the platform and turn right and you will find the bus at the end of the pedestrian bridge.

The S-train you are taking arrives at track 5.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

3) You buy by the driver or by your mobile phone.

The driver accept coins and 50 and 100 kroner , I´m sorre that I said bills before, I thought it was the term for banknotes.

4) If you turn on the street view on this map you can to the left of Terminal 1 and 3 see a yellow bus, that is the public bus.

I assume that they also will be parked there this year.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Oceankaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.714307,12.620743,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252b848542021:0x5125d6ae3b01baee

The cruise shuttle has no fixed schedule.

Ekstrakørsel på linje 26 / Extra shuttle buses to and from the cruise ship terminal (bus 26)

Linje 26 - Ekstrakørsel mellem Østerport St. og Oceankaj (Krydstogtsterminalen)

Når krydstogtskibe lægger til ved Oceankaj (Krydstogtsterminalen) bliver der indsat ekstra bus mellem Østerport St. (Sløjfen ved Folke Bernadottes Allé) og Oceankaj (Krydstogtsterminalen). Bussen kører i pendulfart fra kl. 8 til 16.

Bus 26 - When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will run between Østerport station (at Folke Bernadottes Allé) and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) from 8 AM until 4 PM.

Hi, Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for all the wonderful help you provided on this forum. It is simply amazing!

I have a follow up question about the #2 you explained above. I tried to look up google street view. It looks like we need to walk up the bridge from the train station to get to the bus stop to catch the cruise shuttle (we are embarking Eurodam on 6/13, Sat). Is walking up the stairs of the bridge the only option (like no elevator?). I am traveling with my parents aged 68 with luggage. If they have to walk up the stairs then I probably need to get a taxi I think. Thank you!

HelloKittyMom

Hi, Mokamaki,

I am wondering if you've got a chance to find out if they charge a fee for bag checking service? Thanks.

HelloKittymom

I was told by HAL that they are not offering this service. This is the email I got from them on May 19, 2015.

Monica

Re: Airport check in and luggage drop off in Copenhagen upon disembarkation

Jamesson, Ann (HAL) (ajamesson@hollandamerica.com)

Dear Ms Cheng;

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the luggage program in Copenhagen.

At this time Holland America Line has not implemented this new program.

However, I will keep your e-mail and if I hear any further information regarding this program, I will advise.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Ann

Ann Jamesson

World Cruise Reservations

Holland America Line

PHONE: 1 800 522 3399

EMAIL: ajamesson@hollandamerica.com

Hi, Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for all the wonderful help you provided on this forum. It is simply amazing!

I have a follow up question about the #2 you explained above. I tried to look up google street view. It looks like we need to walk up the bridge from the train station to get to the bus stop to catch the cruise shuttle (we are embarking Eurodam on 6/13, Sat). Is walking up the stairs of the bridge the only option (like no elevator?). I am traveling with my parents aged 68 with luggage. If they have to walk up the stairs then I probably need to get a taxi I think. Thank you!

HelloKittyMom

In the Oceankaj c330 thread I have posted a photo guide on how to find the bus at Østerport.

Its on page 11.

If you want to avoid the stairs then go for bus 25 instead because that end of the platform has escalators and elevators (and a hot dog stand :D )

In regard to the onboard flight check-in and luggage transfer to the airport, below is the response I received from the company that will actually be handling the process. Not sure who to believe.

"Hello Kathryn, how are you? Yes the service will be available in July on the Eurodam. Please be advice that on some occasion’s service will not be offered due to any changes in itinerary and or security changes. Information will be sent to your stateroom first two days of your cruise. The cost onboard is $29.95 a person. If you participate onboard when the service is offered, we will not charge you for overweight or checked airline baggage fees when going home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

cid:image001.png@01CFC2A7.BE512670

Ricardo Torres

Director, Operations | Bags Inc."

I was told by HAL that they are not offering this service. This is the email I got from them on May 19, 2015.

Monica

Re: Airport check in and luggage drop off in Copenhagen upon disembarkation

Jamesson, Ann (HAL) (ajamesson@hollandamerica.com)

Dear Ms Cheng;

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the luggage program in Copenhagen.

At this time Holland America Line has not implemented this new program.

However, I will keep your e-mail and if I hear any further information regarding this program, I will advise.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Ann

Ann Jamesson

World Cruise Reservations

Holland America Line

PHONE: 1 800 522 3399

EMAIL: ajamesson@hollandamerica.com

Thank you, Monica.

I also called Holland America today. They told me the on-board check in is NOT available disembarking Copenhagen. I also emailed the director of Cruise Copenhagen Network. His reply is as attached below. At this point, I tend to be prepared for not having the option available on Eurodam. And if it eventually does have it, it will be a nice surprise. :)

Thanks for your mail. Onboard check-in is a new product for the 2015-cruise season in Copenhagen, and we are very proud that Copenhagen airport is the first airport in Europe to offer this service.

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with much more information as it is an agreement between the airline and cruise line in question. I am not aware if SAS has an agreement with Holland America Line (HAL), but I know that SAS has agreements with most cruise lines making calls in Copenhagen. I would contact HAL once more in order to be sure that they are not offering this service.

I am sorry that I am not able to provide you with more information about this, but I really hope that you will enjoy your cruise in the Baltic Sea.

With best regards

Claus

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Claus Bødker

Director

Hello DV,

We will be arriving in Copenhagen 1 1/2 days before our cruise. I have signed up for two free Copenhagen walking tours (The Grand tour of Copenhagen and the Christianshavn tour) the day after we arrive. Accounting for possible jet lag, are we better off using the hoho bus, scheduling a tour of Copehagen, or going on the free tours? We will be staying at the Scandic Copenhagen and I don't know how far it is to meet up with these two tours.

The first one does start at town hall square and the second tour starts at

the footsteps of Bishop Absalon's Equestrian Statue (Højbro Plads) and finishes at the entrance of Christiania. Since we really only have one day to see Coprnhagen, is this the best use of our time to see as much as possible?

Hello,

We are staying at the ac hotel Bella sky. For two nights. We would love a recommendation on a half or full day tour of Copenhagen. Have googled and not really coming up with anything much

Any thoughts on our hotel choice?

Thanks so much !

Edited by maggieq

Yes bus 66 towards Børsen will get you off at Mitchellsgade just infront of the hotel.

We are here at Crowne Plaza going to Marriott later today,

Does this bus accept luggage?

We are exhausted from all the walking we did in Vienna yesterday and need to take it easy today.

Edited by ISLABONITA

Hello,

We are staying at the ac hotel Bella sky. For two nights. We would love a recommendation on a half or full day tour of Copenhagen. Have googled and not really coming up with anything much

Any thoughts on our hotel choice?

Thanks so much !

Anyone????