Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Hello. We are also planning to take public transportation from Oceankaj to Airport on Sunday, July 19th in the morning. However, when I checked the Movia site, it indicated that the first departure from Oceankaj that day for bus 25 is at 10:40 a.m. Is there some way that we could get confirmation of an earlier departure?

Bus 25 runs from 08:00 and then every 20th-30th minute until 16:00

The first 27 bus runs at 08:16, 08:46, 09:16 etc.

Bus 25 runs from 08:00 and then every 20th-30th minute until 16:00

The first 27 bus runs at 08:16, 08:46, 09:16 etc.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Much appreciated. Looking forward to visit Wonderful Copenhagen with my daughter, her family, and my two good friends.

Anne

Hello Danish Viking,

I got to post 403 and decided to move on to the end of the thread as it is long. I have booked the Avenue Boutique Hotel for September. Appreciate any comments on hotel/location and I understand I need to take the Metro to Forum Street station from Airport. Correct? Thanks

I read this thread a lot in preparation for my Regal Princess cruise on May 11-24, even up until the night before debarkation, so thought I'd report my experience.

Debarked at Oceankaj around 8 AM, and found the small booth by the bus stop (between the ship and the stop, on the stop's side) which I assume was the "Town Shop" I kept reading about. Bought the tickets there; had expected to pay 36 kroners each for a three-zone ticket, but instead they sold a pair of two-zone tickets for 48 kroners (one to cover the bus from Oceankaj to Norreport, the other the train or metro from Norreport to the airport). Thought at the time it might have been cheaper to pay the driver directly, but he also told passengers it was 48 kroners.

We arrived the day of the Copenhagen Marathon, and were told the day before on the ship (and again by the driver) that part of the city centre would be closed and some buses would be routed differently. As far as I could tell, though, this didn't affect the route of this particular bus. I don't know if the others who got off at Norreport took the train, but since we were already familiar with the metro from our pre-cruise stay at Bella Sky, we took the other line on that fork (M1, I think) to "Lufthavn" and were fine -- whole trip under an hour.

I must say, reading all the feedback here from last year's crowd (from the inaugural season at Oceankaj) had me worried this could be a very confusing, crowded, and slow process, but the whole thing was easy as could be. It looks like whatever issues the port had last year, they've sorted out now. Thanks again to this thread and the OP for the help! :)

Edited by cityguy300

Its good to hear that it worked out.

But I'm a little bit baffled by the price thing.

I can maybe understand if the town shop only sells 2 zone tickets so they have to charge you 48 kroner.

But the driver should be able to sell you a 3 zone ticket.

Even if it was a ticket for the bus and then train/metro it should also have been a 3 zone ticket so I hope you kept both tickets or else you would have been getting a fine. :eek:

I will try to contact Movia to ask what all the fuzz is about, I know 12 kroner isn't a fortune but its annoying anyway to pay extra for nothing.

Hello Danish Viking,

I got to post 403 and decided to move on to the end of the thread as it is long. I have booked the Avenue Boutique Hotel for September. Appreciate any comments on hotel/location and I understand I need to take the Metro to Forum Street station from Airport. Correct? Thanks

The reviews on Tripadvisor is very good.

Some thinks the breakfast buffet is good and others thinks its not so good but I'm guessing it depends on each person.

Other advises are to book a room facing the courtyard as there can be a little bit of noise from the street.

The hotel is located a short walk from Forum metro station, btw its not a street con a huge concert venue so if you are looking for a Forum street you will look for along time. :D

You can if you want walk into the town hall square/Tivoli area in 15 minutes time.

Some more info :D

If you don't want to walk back to your hotel and you are in or around Tivoli there are 2 busses to choose from.

From the town hall square bus 12 towards Islev or from the central station bus 66 towards Husum will both get you off at Blågårdsgade only 200 meters from the Avenue Hotel.

Cityguy - was the booth at Oceankaj manned by a person? Our chip card was supposed to have a pin, but does not. I want to buy a City Pass, but can't at the automated machines.

Yes, there were a couple of people in there, in fact. At first I wasn't even sure it was open, but one of them spotted me and rolled up the screen and beckoned me in (it's a small shop-like thing, not a concessionary stand).

Got to catch my flight home now but will add more later!

We were just there today. They said to buy the pass on the bus if you have Danish cash. We had exchanged at the airport in Toronto so we were ready. Danish Viking had advised on how much the tickets were and it seemed easy with minimal fee to just have the cash at hand...and it was. The bus driver said to just get the pass at the metro station.

Hello Danish Viking,

Thank you for all your advice thus far. I have a question.

I know Tivoli is an amusement park and much more. I am wanting to visit it, but need your advice. Based upon earlier comments, it seems Tivoli is a place to go to at night. We will be arriving on Thursday june 25. We leave Saturday on a cruise. i know we will be too tired to visit it the evening we arrive. However, on Friday evening there is a concert. Will this impact our visit even though we really want to go at night?

What do you suggest we do while at Tivoli. Is there one standard admission or is it based upon what you do?

Thank you for your suggestion. It is valued.

Carol

Its good to hear that it worked out.

But I'm a little bit baffled by the price thing.

I can maybe understand if the town shop only sells 2 zone tickets so they have to charge you 48 kroner.

But the driver should be able to sell you a 3 zone ticket.

Even if it was a ticket for the bus and then train/metro it should also have been a 3 zone ticket so I hope you kept both tickets or else you would have been getting a fine. :eek:

I will try to contact Movia to ask what all the fuzz is about, I know 12 kroner isn't a fortune but its annoying anyway to pay extra for nothing.

Back home now... The lady who sold me the tickets marked them both down with the anticipated arrival time of the next bus (+20 minutes, at the time), and said to show them both throughout the journey.

Another reason to have just bought from the driver directly, since I paid in cash anyway: to ensure no lost time on the clock countdown. I just wasn't sure the driver could make change, although I did have 110 kr with me -- enough to cover the three, 3-zone tickets I had originally anticipated needing (with just 2 kr lost if he'd required exact change).

As happened on all but one of my metro trips before the cruise, no one even came by to check on the leg to the airport on M1.

Is there one standard admission or is it based upon what you do?Carol

I can't tell you whether you should go to Tivoli on a Friday evening or not, but I can tell you that the admission is DKK 99 for adults. That may include some free concerts, but it does not include any rides, attractions or specialty concerts. For your admission fee of DKK 99, all you basically get is the right to walk through the park.

For more info on Tivoli pricing, see: http://www.tivoli.dk/en/praktisk/priser/

Edited by GradUT

We also thank you for all your help. What a beautiful city! Your instructions re the 25 bus both to oceankaj and from were perfect. Very easy to maneuver with our carry on bags. We felt sorry for the people with their giant suitcases who were frustrated with maneuvering them on the busses.

There was someone at the taxi area at Oceankaj who confirmed we were going in the correct direction for the bus and tickets.

It was very easy taking the Metro to Norreport from the airport. People should be reminded that there are ticket kiosks on the platform, so don't wait in a line at the first ticket booth you see.

We stayed at the Hotel Bethel, which was an easy walk from the Metro. We didn't see an elevator, and were feeling lazy about carrying our bags up the stairs, so we took the escalator up to the Magasin Department Store, and excited at street level.

Everything went so easily with our transport, and we enjoyed walking around your beautiful city as well as taking a canal trip.

Thank you again!

Hello Danish Viking,

Thank you for all your advice thus far. I have a question.

I know Tivoli is an amusement park and much more. I am wanting to visit it, but need your advice. Based upon earlier comments, it seems Tivoli is a place to go to at night. We will be arriving on Thursday june 25. We leave Saturday on a cruise. i know we will be too tired to visit it the evening we arrive. However, on Friday evening there is a concert. Will this impact our visit even though we really want to go at night?

What do you suggest we do while at Tivoli. Is there one standard admission or is it based upon what you do?

Thank you for your suggestion. It is valued.

Carol

To be honest I´m to scarred to try the wild rides but my friends love the Golden tower (70 meter free fall) and the deamon rollercoaster.

I think the Vertigo looks awesome but I don´t dare try that one.

If you are going on a Friday just arrove before 8 and you will avoid the huge lines at the entrances.

You can get cheap beer at the concert area between 19:00 and 20:00 for only 15 kroner, the concert starts at 22:00.

How much would a taxi cost from central station to Marriott?

I looked at the route and even though it's only a 12 minute walk , I don't want to be hauling 2 of my suitcases down the street.

thanks for your help DV.

ib

Hello.

How would we get from the Bella Sky hotel to the cruise port on Sunday 5th July, where we will sail on the NCL Star?

We will have a valid Copenhagen card...

Metro towards Vanløse and change to the 25 bus at Nørreport.

See my post on the Oceankaj thread (page 7 or 8) on how to find the bus at Nørreport.

How much would a taxi cost from central station to Marriott?

I looked at the route and even though it's only a 12 minute walk , I don't want to be hauling 2 of my suitcases down the street.

thanks for your help DV.

ib

50 kroners will be my guess but I´m doubting if any driver would take the trip.