Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

I am trying to find your guide, but it has vanished from my pages. It was there last night, but I was too tired to print it out, now it's gone for some reason. Could you please post the link again? I have looked at every post in here.:(

Thank you

Copenhagen is a great walking city so I´m happy to hear that is also worked out for you.

Seattle also seems like a great city and I would love to see a soccer game with Seattle Sounders at their home stadium. :D

Yes, Copenhagen is a great walking city! Not only did we use the public transportation, but we also walked all over. Walking was the best way to enjoy the sights and architecture.

Re the Seattle Sounders - my daughter played for the women's Sounders. It's semi-pro and doesn't pay a wage, unlike the men's Sounders. Seattle has a lot of pride in its Sounders!

I am trying to find your guide, but it has vanished from my pages. It was there last night, but I was too tired to print it out, now it's gone for some reason. Could you please post the link again? I have looked at every post in here.:(

Thank you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46584994&posted=1#post46584994

Easy way to find what DV has posted is to see his (statistics) posts under his name. ( click his name then stats, posts or threads he has started)

Our cruise ship, the Regal Princess, will be returning to Copenhagen for disembarkation on July 29. It is a Wednesday. Since we are older and will not be able to travel by public transport with our luggage, we are planning to take a taxi from the cruise port to the airport.

Some of the reports from last summer complained of chaos at the port (one lane in and out) and difficulty finding a taxi on disembarkation day. Is this still a problem?

I do not know how many other ships will be in port on that day.

Our flight is scheduled for 1:00PM. What time should we disembark to make it by taxi to the airport? Perhaps, if we wait a while onboard, we could miss the rush for taxis and miss the morning traffic.

What do you suggest?

Sadie

Why is it when one question is answered, that brings up more? I was wondering, when we go to the cruise ship, our Copenhagen card will probably be invalid since I have bought a 24 hour card. It starts the morning before our cruise. So we will have to pay the train and bus fares to the docks. Could you please tell me how much it is for the train and is the bus included, (like a transfer) or do we pay for each separately? Can we buy the Krones at the train station. Also, does the bus require exact change or can the driver give change.

So many questions. Just reading these wonderful posts has given me an idea for our last day in Copenhagen. Our ship arrives back in Copenhagen on June 12 at 7 am. I have been reading about Malmo and we would like to take a few hours to visit there. Our flight leaves the next day and we are staying at the Imperial hotel. Would we be able to go to Malmo early in the morning for a couple of hours. Our hotel check in time is not until 3 pm, so that would give us time to see Malmo and then when we return, more time for Copenhagen. We are staying in Copenhagen pre cruise as well, so we will be able to really get to know the city a bit better.

Whew, I have to stop reading about all these wonderful places or we will never get back home!

DV,

Thanks again for your help! I'm re-reading your first "wonderful Copenhagen" post :)

We plan to take a day out of Copenhagen to visit Frederiksborg and Rosenborg castles; while looking up train schedules to these two, I noticed that Fredensborg is right in-between and open to the public while we're there in July. It looks fairly easy to stop by there on our way from Helsingor to Hillerod, but in your first post you suggested it's really only feasible with a car. If we're active, fit, faily young people do you think we could handle all 3 castles in one day by public transport? We bought Copenhagen cards so we can use all the trains/buses we want.

Thanks!

DV,

Thanks again for your help! I'm re-reading your first "wonderful Copenhagen" post :)

We plan to take a day out of Copenhagen to visit Frederiksborg and Rosenborg castles; while looking up train schedules to these two, I noticed that Fredensborg is right in-between and open to the public while we're there in July. It looks fairly easy to stop by there on our way from Helsingor to Hillerod, but in your first post you suggested it's really only feasible with a car. If we're active, fit, faily young people do you think we could handle all 3 castles in one day by public transport? We bought Copenhagen cards so we can use all the trains/buses we want.

Thanks!

Did I really say that :D

You are correct, Fredensborg is very small city so it should be able to make a stop in Fredensborg on the way from Hillerød to Helsingør.

Its only a short 13 minute walk from the station to the palace.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Fredensborg+St./Fredensborg+Slot,+Slottet,+Fredensborg/@55.9796018,12.3967046,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465238e33f89a8fd:0x8f1cc5eaedd73f98!2m2!1d12.406886!2d55.977252!1m5!1m1!1s0x465238e044f6de73:0x1e17188007b0d4fd!2m2!1d12.39575!2d55.982573!3e2

Why is it when one question is answered, that brings up more? I was wondering, when we go to the cruise ship, our Copenhagen card will probably be invalid since I have bought a 24 hour card. It starts the morning before our cruise. So we will have to pay the train and bus fares to the docks. Could you please tell me how much it is for the train and is the bus included, (like a transfer) or do we pay for each separately? Can we buy the Krones at the train station. Also, does the bus require exact change or can the driver give change.

So many questions. Just reading these wonderful posts has given me an idea for our last day in Copenhagen. Our ship arrives back in Copenhagen on June 12 at 7 am. I have been reading about Malmo and we would like to take a few hours to visit there. Our flight leaves the next day and we are staying at the Imperial hotel. Would we be able to go to Malmo early in the morning for a couple of hours. Our hotel check in time is not until 3 pm, so that would give us time to see Malmo and then when we return, more time for Copenhagen. We are staying in Copenhagen pre cruise as well, so we will be able to really get to know the city a bit better.

Whew, I have to stop reading about all these wonderful places or we will never get back home!

Its very doable.

I don´t know if you plan on storing your luggage at the hotel or at the central station but whatever you do you will just take the train from the central station.

The departures from the central station is 12, 32 and 52 past the hour and it takes 34 minutes.

Just buy the Øresund Familie billet ticket that is valid for 2 adults, its way cheaper than buying single ticket.

A single return ticket is 178 kroner.

A Øresund familie return ticket costs 288 kroner so its only 144 per person.

I have looked at your guide about getting to/from Oceankaj and poured over timetables on the Rejseplanen.dk website and come up with the following two plans for getting from Oceankaj to the Copenhagen Airport by 9:45 am on Sunday, July 19th.

Plan 1--Bus 25 from Oceankaj to Norreport St. and then M2 to airport

Plan 2 -- Bus 25 to Osterport St. (or Bus 27 to Osterport, Slojfen and then walk to Osterport St.) and then an OR train to the airport

A few questions:

1. Are these plans both correct? Is Plan 1 the better choice?

2. I know the 25 bus runs every 20 - 30 minutes from 8am to 4pm from Oceankaj. How long does it take to get to Norreport St.? Osterport St.?

3. Will there be several #25 and #27 buses leaving at the same time from Oceankaj during the time from 8am to 9am? (I'm concerned about there not being enough buses for all the passengers wanting to use public transportation to get to Norreport or Osterport).

Thank you.

HI DV

Thanks for all your time helping everyone

Please can you help me with the following. I have read your guides but am having difficulty working it out.

1)What is the easiest way to get from the airport to the Marriott Hotel on a Friday morning in August. (we will have luggage, but its on wheels so we would like to try public transport)

2) Please can you tell me how to get from the Marriott hotel to Oceankaj on a Sunday in August (9th) by public transport, and where to get tickets. Do we need to get them activated before travelling?

3) We will need to store our luggage for a while when we return from the cruise on 20. Is this at the central station? Can we take a bus from Oceankaj to the station or do we need to get a train. Can we buy this ticket before we cruise or do we need to buy it on the day?

Thank you so much for all your help

Its very doable.

I don´t know if you plan on storing your luggage at the hotel or at the central station but whatever you do you will just take the train from the central station.

The departures from the central station is 12, 32 and 52 past the hour and it takes 34 minutes.

Just buy the Øresund Familie billet ticket that is valid for 2 adults, its way cheaper than buying single ticket.

A single return ticket is 178 kroner.

A Øresund familie return ticket costs 288 kroner so its only 144 per person.

Thank you very much. One week today, we will be in your beautiful city. I can hardly wait.:)

I have looked at your guide about getting to/from Oceankaj and poured over timetables on the Rejseplanen.dk website and come up with the following two plans for getting from Oceankaj to the Copenhagen Airport by 9:45 am on Sunday, July 19th.

Plan 1--Bus 25 from Oceankaj to Norreport St. and then M2 to airport

Plan 2 -- Bus 25 to Osterport St. (or Bus 27 to Osterport, Slojfen and then walk to Osterport St.) and then an OR train to the airport

A few questions:

1. Are these plans both correct? Is Plan 1 the better choice?

2. I know the 25 bus runs every 20 - 30 minutes from 8am to 4pm from Oceankaj. How long does it take to get to Norreport St.? Osterport St.?

3. Will there be several #25 and #27 buses leaving at the same time from Oceankaj during the time from 8am to 9am? (I'm concerned about there not being enough buses for all the passengers wanting to use public transportation to get to Norreport or Osterport).

Thank you.

1) yes they are correct, even though you can take the ØR (Øresundstog) train from Nørreport also.

2) According to google maps its 8 minutes to Østerport and 12 to Nørreport.

3) Bus 27 will only be one bus per departure bus since 25 is a special cruise shuttle they might add more busses when the ships arrive but I´m not sure.

But the cruise season is 1 month old now and unlike last years chaotic start I haven´t heard anything this year so I think that there is enough busses.

HI DV

Thanks for all your time helping everyone

Please can you help me with the following. I have read your guides but am having difficulty working it out.

1)What is the easiest way to get from the airport to the Marriott Hotel on a Friday morning in August. (we will have luggage, but its on wheels so we would like to try public transport)

2) Please can you tell me how to get from the Marriott hotel to Oceankaj on a Sunday in August (9th) by public transport, and where to get tickets. Do we need to get them activated before travelling?

3) We will need to store our luggage for a while when we return from the cruise on 20. Is this at the central station? Can we take a bus from Oceankaj to the station or do we need to get a train. Can we buy this ticket before we cruise or do we need to buy it on the day?

Thank you so much for all your help

1) there is alot of options.

best is to take the airport train to the central station and walk to the hotel or take bus 5A towards Sundbyvester Plads or the airport and get off at Polititorvet but its only a 2 minute bus ride.

Or bus 66 towards Børsen and get off at Mitchellsgade that is a little bit closer to the hotel

Another option is to take the metro and get off at Amagerbro metrostation and take bus 5A towards Husum Torv from there. again Polititorvet is the place to get off.

From Polititorvet.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Copenhagen+Marriott+Hotel,+Kalvebod+Brygge,+Copenhagen/Polititorvet/@55.6691203,12.5708589,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536c9fb4c9f1:0xdc499d72e12f74b8!2m2!1d12.573538!2d55.668584!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536cd97a2279:0xc4d346e8fa69b73a!2m2!1d12.570897!2d55.669838!3e2

From Mitchellsgade

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Mitchellsgade/Copenhagen+Marriott+Hotel,+Kalvebod+Brygge,+Copenhagen/@55.6688272,12.5724761,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536ca201a52d:0x98837d4c88c8536c!2m2!1d12.573721!2d55.669054!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536c9fb4c9f1:0xdc499d72e12f74b8!2m2!1d12.573538!2d55.668584

Walking from the central station

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/K%C3%B8benhavn+H,+Copenhagen/Copenhagen+Marriott+Hotel,+Kalvebod+Brygge,+Copenhagen/@55.6706565,12.5644152,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530d3d6ca497:0x10d8550cb8d90ad2!2m2!1d12.564617!2d55.672722!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536c9fb4c9f1:0xdc499d72e12f74b8!2m2!1d12.573538!2d55.668584!3e2

2)

Walk or take any off the before mentioned busses to the central station and from there take a train to Nørreport and take bus 25 from there or Østerport and take bus 25 and 27 from there.

Or or or or continue with bus 5A towards Husum Torv and get off at Nørreport and catch bus 25 from there.

You just buy the ticket on the bus.

3)

Take bus 25 or 27 towards either Østerport or Nørreport and take the train to København H from there.

The luggage storage is located next to track 12.

Thank you, yet again, Danish Viking for your helpful information.

I plan to come back here after our cruise and report on our experiences with the various public transportation options. Hopefully, our experience will provide some useful information for folks cruising later in the season.

Arrived yesterday. Cab to Marriott 230k. Have lovely view of Canal. Wandering around looking for lunch and passed by Tivoli and Hans Christian Anderson statue. Had great dinner at krogs. Sunny today so hope to do canal boat tour.

Thx, DV for all your advice. Was on target Really is easy to get around :-)!

So you got a taxi from the airport to Marriott for 230 kroner, that's cheap.

Did the driver take the motorway into town or just regular streets?

The trip on motorway is actually a detour of 5 kilometers or so even though its faster it will also cost a little bit more.

The shortest route and therefore also the cheapest is along Amager Strandvej.

1) yes they are correct, even though you can take the ØR (Øresundstog) train from Nørreport also.

2) According to google maps its 8 minutes to Østerport and 12 to Nørreport.

3) Bus 27 will only be one bus per departure bus since 25 is a special cruise shuttle they might add more busses when the ships arrive but I´m not sure.

But the cruise season is 1 month old now and unlike last years chaotic start I haven´t heard anything this year so I think that there is enough busses.

Hello. We are also planning to take public transportation from Oceankaj to Airport on Sunday, July 19th in the morning. However, when I checked the Movia site, it indicated that the first departure from Oceankaj that day for bus 25 is at 10:40 a.m. Is there some way that we could get confirmation of an earlier departure?