Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Anyone????

We went by it as we were staying a bit further away at Crowne Plaza and within walking distance to the subway and train station and a shopping center, the exterior of the building is very modern, not much else I can say about it.

Hello,

We are staying at the ac hotel Bella sky. For two nights. We would love a recommendation on a half or full day tour of Copenhagen. Have googled and not really coming up with anything much

Any thoughts on our hotel choice?

Thanks so much !

Have you tried tripadvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d1986559-Reviews-AC_Hotel_Bella_Sky_Copenhagen-Copenhagen_Zealand.html

Hello,

We are staying at the ac hotel Bella sky. For two nights. We would love a recommendation on a half or full day tour of Copenhagen. Have googled and not really coming up with anything much

Thanks so much !

If you read the Trip Advisor reviews, you will see that it is a perfectly fine hotel. However, it is outside of the city center and it will take about 20 minutes via public transportation to get into Copenhagen. You just have to decide if that's fine with you or whether you'd rather stay in more central location. (You can see where it is by entering the name or address of the hotel into Google Maps.)

A perfect full day tour would be a trip to see Frederiksborg P palace, perhaps Fredensborg Palace (but that will only be from the outside) and finally Kronborg/hamlets castle.

The trip could be ended in Tivoli when you get back to Copenhagen.

I can make a more detailed guide to fo this but in short its S-train line A towards Hillerød.

Frederiksborg can be reached on foot or by public bus.

Then a Lokalbanen train towards Helsingør where Kronborg is located, Fredensborg Palace (and the town also :D ) is located almost between Hillerød and Helsingør.

If you have purchased the Copenhagen card for this trip you can also visit the national maritime museum in Helsingør if you get the time. Its highly recommended.

Then a Øresundtog train back to Copenhagen, as you trip most likely end at the central station you can get a nice dinner inside Tivoli.

The 2 long train trips takes around 35 to 45 minutes and the short one is.

Hello,

Thanks so much !

We stayed here just a few weeks ago, one night pre-cruise. Being outside the city centre was not a problem, as it was just 15 minutes or so by metro to Kongens Nytorv (not much more than the time it will take you to walk from the hotel door to the platform). The bus is a much slower experience, but delivers you closer to the hotel and may be more convenient for where you're going (e.g. Central station).

The hotel itself was fine, as modern as depicted (although the room furniture was sort of cheap), and the front desk service was good (they offered us umbrellas when we asked for directions to the metro, as it was raining at the time). However, I wondered afterwards if the Crowne Plaza might have been a better option, for the proximity of the mall -- there are no retail outlets by Bella Sky. You get the same free shuttle to or from the airport, and the added convenience of the train line at the station (if the metro -- which is only one stop closer to the city centre at Belly Sky -- isn't going where you need to).

From the airport you can take the airport train to the central station and walk from there.

To Oceankaj you can do 2 things

Walk to the central station and take a train to either Nørreport (bus 25) or Østerport (bus 25 and 27).

Remember if you take the bus from Østerport its better to take a Øresundstog, Regions or intercity train to Østerport is they stop on track 1-2 that are closest to both bus stops.

See page 8 and 11 in the Oceankaj c330 thread.

Or go to the trommesalen bus stop almost outside your hotel, take bus 26 towards either Østerport or Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn.

Get of at Østerport station if you want to use bus 25 or Østerport station sløjfen if you want to use bus 27.

I just booked my transfer from my hotel to Oceankaj on 6/13 11:30am. I booked two big vans for my family group of 13 plus our 11 suitcases.

http://www.taxa.dk/en/

I have never use them before but they have been very responsive in answering all my questions. The quote is 200-220 DK (about 35 USD) per vehicle depends on the traffic that morning. The distance from my hotel to Oceankaj is 8.2km about 5 miles. The taxi company told me the traffic lights and road situation has been resolved at Oceankaj. People no longer need to walk a long way to the ship due to traffic congestion.

Took cabs from airport to Marriott, to port, back to Marriott, and just now to airport.

Boarding now but tak for all the help!

Can you tell me how much each trip cost?

How was your cruise?

Thanks!

Hi Danish Viking, sorry to trouble you again but I'm really confused by the journey planner page of the Rejseplanen website. On the morning of June 25, the day of our arrival in Copenhagen, the only option from the airport to Norreport Station seems to be the Metro (M2). But I recall you mentioned that we can also take the Regiontog or Øresundstog trains to Norreport. Also, the earliest time for taking Bus 25 at Norreport that morning is 11.05. Anything earlier would involve taking Bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv and changing to Bus 27 at Osterport.

I don't know if I did anything wrong in my search - do you mind clarifying? Thanks as always!

1st want to say THANKS to Danish Viking for all the helpful info, and what a great thing the cruise critic boards are. We have used them for info at many ports all over Europe.

We had 1 day in Copenhagen on a previous cruise and just started walking from Langelinie Pier. We saw the Little Mermaid, lots of small boats in a marina, Gefion Fountain, old Anglican Church, a cool statue of Neptune/Zeus, Amalienborg Palace, a cool Ship/boat supply store, Nyhavn, Stroget, and I think it was Town Hall Square just across from Tivoli. Then we walked back and passed the old Navy housing then shopped along the pier shopping area. And I took my favorite Gate & Bicycle picture in Copenhagen. ( I love old architecture!):D

Can't wait to return this summer and explore some more!

Greetings Danish Viking

I've read through the other posts, but must have missed what I was looking for.

My question:

Transportation from Copenhagen Airpot on Sunday to Cabin City Hotel. Monday morning, Cabin City hotel to Oceanaj cruise terminal.

Thank you so much

Hi Danish Viking, sorry to trouble you again but I'm really confused by the journey planner page of the Rejseplanen website. On the morning of June 25, the day of our arrival in Copenhagen, the only option from the airport to Norreport Station seems to be the Metro (M2). But I recall you mentioned that we can also take the Regiontog or Øresundstog trains to Norreport. Also, the earliest time for taking Bus 25 at Norreport that morning is 11.05. Anything earlier would involve taking Bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv and changing to Bus 27 at Osterport.

I don't know if I did anything wrong in my search - do you mind clarifying? Thanks as always!

Rejseplanen can't figure out the 25 bus.

Its starts to run every 20th-30th minute from 08:00 until 16:00.

So either Øresundstog towards Nivå or Helsingør or metro line M2 towards Vanløse.

Then take bus 25 from Nørreport.

Greetings Danish Viking

My question:

Transportation from Copenhagen Airpot on Sunday to Cabin City Hotel. Monday morning, Cabin City hotel to Oceanaj cruise terminal.

Thank you so much

I will be back.

So either Øresundstog towards Nivå or Helsingør or metro line M2 towards Vanløse.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, knowing that there's also the Øresundstog option. I think I read somewhere that the train is more comfortable than the metro, and also we won't need to walk as far both at the airport station and Nørreport. Danish Viking, you're the top man!

One more question: do we need to time-stamp our train tickets before boarding the train, or are they already stamped upon purchase? I read somewhere that we have to stamp it twice, face up, at the yellow machines on the platform. Pardon my ignorance as it will be our first time taking the train in Copenhagen.

After this february they have cancelled the sales of the klippekort.

So now its the Rejsekort (similar to Londons Oystercard) ticket (app or text message), mobile and single tickets.

The single ticket are time stamped when you buy them.

Greetings Danish Viking

My question:

Thank you so much

Any train from track 2 will stop at the central station, from here you walk to your hotel.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/K%C3%B8benhavn+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd,+Bernstorffsgade+16+-+22,+1577+Kbh.+V/Cabinn+City,+Mitchellsgade,+Copenhagen/@55.6718539,12.5651742,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530d3d99c439:0x6d962cc8f3ae9f79!2m2!1d12.56477!2d55.672717!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652536cd58df8d1:0xb7b1e91f4c2d44d6!2m2!1d12.570582!2d55.670932!3e2

On Monday morning you walk to the central station.

Take any northbound train (track 1 to 4 and 9 to 10) and get off either at Nørreport for bus 25 or Østerport for both bus 25 and 27.

In this thread you can see how you find the busses.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11

From Marriott to airport was around 250 k. Dont remember how much to port so probably wasn't too bad. Easy to get cabs and they take credit cards.

The Serenade itinerary was great, a bit tiring but worth it!