Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Danish Viking

Firstly, thank you for your efforts. I have been able to figure out all my transport issues from Oceankaj thanks to your previous answers.

I understand that Ocenkaj terminal was only opened last year and then had very few if any facilities. Do you know if since then any facilities have been developed? I am thinking of things like ATM's....gift shops....somewhere to buy tickets etc.

Ive have done searches but cant find anything.

Thanks

Danish Viking

Firstly, thank you for your efforts. I have been able to figure out all my transport issues from Oceankaj thanks to your previous answers.

I understand that Ocenkaj terminal was only opened last year and then had very few if any facilities. Do you know if since then any facilities have been developed? I am thinking of things like ATM's....gift shops....somewhere to buy tickets etc.

Ive have done searches but cant find anything.

Thanks

Town Shop is opened out there and they sell souvenirs and tickets for the busses.

Their website is not updated with the new info yet.

http://www.townshopdk.com/index.html

Thanks very much for the answer.

I am planning to buy the 24hr City Pass on my phone but it is good to know that I can buy tickets at the Townshop in necessary.

So still no ATM's?

Not that I have heard off, Maybe the townshop can help you.

Try to use the contact information on the website.

The Eurodam embark today does not start until 6PM. It is late because of late arrival due to weather (from HAL email). We planned on taking the new bus 25 from the metro Noreport where it starts. That shuttle ends at 4. Does taking the train to osterport and the cab make sense? I think the new bus 27 might be crowded. We start at the airport Hilton.

Danish Viking, I have been looking at http://www.rejseplanen.dk to try to figure out how to get around Copenhagen on the days of our arrival and departure. Can you confirm whether the following routes which were given on this website are correct for us?

1. Monday, July 6th: CPH to Kongens Nytorv (to Wakeup Borgerade) --Take M2 from airport to Kongens Nytorv. M2 departs every 6 minutes. 3-zone ticket for 36 DKK

2. Tuesday, July 7th: Kongens Nytorv to Oceankaj -- Take Bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv to Osterport St., Slojfen and then Bus 27 to Oceankaj (Is Bus 27 the special bus?) Bus 26 and Bus 27 each depart every 30 minutes. 2-zone ticket for 24 DKK

3. Sunday, July 19th: Oceankaj to Copenhagen Airport -- Take Bus 27 from Oceankaj to Osterport St., Slojfen. Bus 27 departs every 30 minutes. Then, take Bus 26 from Osterport toward Alhorm Plads and get off at Kongens Nytorv. Bus 26 departs every 20 minutes. At Kongens Nytorv, walk 3 minutes to the Metro station and take M2 to the airport. M2 departs every 6 minutes. 3-zone ticket for 36 DKK (This confuses me because I did not think Bus 26 operated on Sundays.)

If these routings are incorrect, could you give me the correct ones?

Many thanks.

The Eurodam embark today does not start until 6PM. It is late because of late arrival due to weather (from HAL email). We planned on taking the new bus 25 from the metro Noreport where it starts. That shuttle ends at 4. Does taking the train to osterport and the cab make sense? I think the new bus 27 might be crowded. We start at the airport Hilton.

You do realize that until 17:36 you have a bus every 15th minute with the 27 starting from around 15:30 or. Else its every 20 minute.

Under all circumstances you will have to take the Øresundstog train from the airport to Østerport.

If you are 2 persons or more then one person can walk up to the pedestrian bridge at the end of the platform and see if there is any lines at Sløjfen bus stop.

If there is not then its just to keep your train ticket and show it to the Bus driver.

If the lines are long then walk up to the main hall and find the taxi ranks outside the main hall.

But from my experience its easier to get a taxi from Nørreport or the central station.

They are the previous stops on the line before Østerport.

Danish Viking, I have been looking at http://www.rejseplanen.dk to try to figure out how to get around Copenhagen on the days of our arrival and departure. Can you confirm whether the following routes which were given on this website are correct for us?

1. Monday, July 6th: CPH to Kongens Nytorv (to Wakeup Borgerade) --Take M2 from airport to Kongens Nytorv. M2 departs every 6 minutes. 3-zone ticket for 36 DKK

2. Tuesday, July 7th: Kongens Nytorv to Oceankaj -- Take Bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv to Osterport St., Slojfen and then Bus 27 to Oceankaj (Is Bus 27 the special bus?) Bus 26 and Bus 27 each depart every 30 minutes. 2-zone ticket for 24 DKK

3. Sunday, July 19th: Oceankaj to Copenhagen Airport -- Take Bus 27 from Oceankaj to Osterport St., Slojfen. Bus 27 departs every 30 minutes. Then, take Bus 26 from Osterport toward Alhorm Plads and get off at Kongens Nytorv. Bus 26 departs every 20 minutes. At Kongens Nytorv, walk 3 minutes to the Metro station and take M2 to the airport. M2 departs every 6 minutes. 3-zone ticket for 36 DKK (This confuses me because I did not think Bus 26 operated on Sundays.)

If these routings are incorrect, could you give me the correct ones?

Many thanks.

The first route is correct

The second route is also correct.

But 26 runs every 10th minute until Østerport, Sløjfen (direction Østerport or Søndre Frihavn) and from there 27 should run somewhere between 2-4 times each hour depending on time of day.

Bus 26 has always been in service all 7 days off the week, it was just the branch to Oceankaj that wasn't in service in the weekends and public holidays.

But its more easier to take bus 27 to Østerport and instead taking the airport train from there.

And nu 27,is a regular bus, its 25 that is the special cruise shuttle.

It only stops at Nørreport, Østerport (but not at sløjfen) and Oceankaj.

I have yet to figure out if it only stops at the bus stop at Oceankaj or if it like last year stops at each terminal.

Thank you so much Dutch Viking. You are amazing with all your knowledge and kindly giving it too. I am and also everyone else is very grateful. My problem is I have had a foot and leg injury for last 5 months but had this trip booked so want to still go. I am thinking of getting the red hop on hop off bus. I would like to see the popular sites but have never been to Copenhagen before. What do you think of getting hop on hop off bus? or if there is anything you can recommend. Once again, thanks so very much.

The first route is correct

The second route is also correct.

But 26 runs every 10th minute until Østerport, Sløjfen (direction Østerport or Søndre Frihavn) and from there 27 should run somewhere between 2-4 times each hour depending on time of day.

Bus 26 has always been in service all 7 days off the week, it was just the branch to Oceankaj that wasn't in service in the weekends and public holidays.

But its more easier to take bus 27 to Østerport and instead taking the airport train from there.

And nu 27,is a regular bus, its 25 that is the special cruise shuttle.

It only stops at Nørreport, Østerport (but not at sløjfen) and Oceankaj.

I have yet to figure out if it only stops at the bus stop at Oceankaj or if it like last year stops at each terminal.

Thank you SO MUCH, Danish Viking!

May I ask a couple of follow-up questions:

1. Would you say that for the 2nd and 3rd route, I should look for the special cruise shutte (Bus 25) instead of taking Bus 27? And, if so, can the location of that stop at Osterport and Oceankaj be easily located?

2. What is the difference between Osterport (where you say the special cruise shuttle bus 25 is) and Osterport St., Slojfen (where the Bus 27 is found)? I'm concerned about being in the wrong place.

Thank you for the information about the taxi time to the airport! I have made a HORRIBLE mistake! I booked my flight for 1 hour and 20 minutes after the boat is due to dock. When I bought my tickets I knew they were non-transferable so it will now cost us close to 2000.00 to change the tickets. We've decided to be adventurous and try to make it with the tickets we have now. What are our chances of getting through the airport and customs in 1 hour? We're traveling from Copenhagen to New York on KLM and Delta.

Thank you SO MUCH, Danish Viking!

May I ask a couple of follow-up questions:

1. Would you say that for the 2nd and 3rd route, I should look for the special cruise shutte (Bus 25) instead of taking Bus 27? And, if so, can the location of that stop at Osterport and Oceankaj be easily located?

2. What is the difference between Osterport (where you say the special cruise shuttle bus 25 is) and Osterport St., Slojfen (where the Bus 27 is found)? I'm concerned about being in the wrong place.

1) The the only difference is that bus 27 takes a little detour on the way to Østerport but its only 5-10 minutes longer.

2) 25 shares bus stops with 26 at Østerport,

Søndre Frihavn is also towards Oceankaj with 25

Ålholm Plads is also towards Nørreport with the 25 bus.

Notice that 27 departs at Sløjfen a few 100 meters further north (right on the map)

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

Hello Danish Viking,

It's me again... Sorry for keep bothering you.

One of the members in our Rollcall pointed out, on May 24th (same as our embarkation) your city is hosting a Marathon, starting 9:30am with 15,000 runners. After looking up the info online, it appears the route is scheduled to pass through city centre.

Do you have any insight on this? Will it affect any of the public transportations going to the pier? (from Axel Guldsmeden)

Thanks again,

Helena

http://www.marathonrunnersdiary.com/races/europe-marathons/copenhagen-marathon.php

Hi Danish Viking: I'm new to this & am not quite sure on how to start a new message board, so will have to piggy back in on one of your other topics - sorry...

We have a 7:45 am flight departure out of CPH's terminal 3 on Monday Jun 1, & will have to start our journey VERY early (Probably like 4 am?!) from the Eurodam at the Oceankaj 100 Osterbro, Pier 330 in Copenhagen. Could you please advise on the most economical but still sensible method to get to the CPH airport? Are there any feasible public transit routes that would work during those early hours?

Any insights you can offer would be much appreciated, thanks!

Fay

Edited by RCruisers
Need to revise departure date from May 31 to Jun 1

1) The the only difference is that bus 27 takes a little detour on the way to Østerport but its only 5-10 minutes longer.

2) 25 shares bus stops with 26 at Østerport,

Søndre Frihavn is also towards Oceankaj with 25

Ålholm Plads is also towards Nørreport with the 25 bus.

Notice that 27 departs at Sløjfen a few 100 meters further north (right on the map)

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

Thank you again, Danish Viking. The plan on the link you provided is very helpful!

Hi Danish Viking: I'm new to this & am not quite sure on how to start a new message board, so will have to piggy back in on one of your other topics - sorry...

We have a 7:45 am flight departure out of CPH's terminal 3 on Monday Jun 1, & will have to start our journey VERY early (Probably like 4 am?!) from the Eurodam at the Oceankaj 100 Osterbro, Pier 330 in Copenhagen. Could you please advise on the most economical but still sensible method to get to the CPH airport? Are there any feasible public transit routes that would work during those early hours?

Any insights you can offer would be much appreciated, thanks!

Fay

I don't know much time you have planned to be before departure but 1,5 hour should be enough.

The first bus out of the pier starts to late to be any good so my option is this.

Take a taxi to Østerport station and take the airport train from there, it departs at 05:21 05:41 and 06:01 etc. and takes 25 minutes.

Alternatively you can continue to Nørreport station where you can catch the same train 3 minutes later.

Here you can also take metro line M2 to the airport, it runs every 6th minute at that hour and only takes 15 minutes.

No matter if you take the train/metro from Østerport or Nørreport it will cost you 36 kroner (3 zone ticket) to get to the airport.

A taxi from Oceankaj to Østerport will cost around 150 and probably 200 to Nørreport.

A taxi all the way to the airport will be around 400-450 kroner.

Edited by Danish viking

I don't know much time you have planned to be before departure but 1,5 hour should be enough.

The first bus out of the pier starts to late to be any good so my option is this.

Take a taxi to Østerport station and take the airport train from there, it departs at 05:21 05:41 and 06:01 etc. and takes 25 minutes.

Alternatively you can continue to Nørreport station where you can catch the same train 3 minutes later.

Here you can also take metro line M2 to the airport, it runs every 6th minute at that hour and only takes 15 minutes.

No matter if you take the train/metro from Østerport or Nørreport it will cost you 36 kroner (3 zone ticket) to get to the airport.

A taxi from Oceankaj to Østerport will cost around 150 and probably 200 to Nørreport.

A taxi all the way to the airport will be around 400-450 kroner.

Thank you so much!

BTW: What is the max # of passengers allowed by the taxis?

Hey DV arrived in ur beautiful city today to spend night bfore taking train to hamburg then onto paris . German trains on strike station said they would honor tckt fr bus frm here as we no like to fly when we returned to ask more ?s they were closed and dont open till 10 tom do u think bus will b mobbed and or do u hv any advice? Thanks carhy. Ps staying at cabin city everyone here been so nice

Hey DV arrived in ur beautiful city today to spend night bfore taking train to hamburg then onto paris . German trains on strike station said they would honor tckt fr bus frm here as we no like to fly when we returned to ask more ?s they were closed and dont open till 10 tom do u think bus will b mobbed and or do u hv any advice? Thanks carhy. Ps staying at cabin city everyone here been so nice

There are trains at 12:11, 16:11 and 18:11 where you gonna change to a bus that takes you to Hamburg

There are also direct busses to Hamburg at 07:45 and 09:45.