Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Hello again wonderful Danish Viking,

Do you have any dinning experience at Cofoco? I understand it's not highly rank on tripadvisor, but their price seems reasonable and located near where we stay (Axel Guldsmeden).

Once again, thank you for volunteering your time to answer our inquiries! :)

Cheers,

Helena

I have tried their food stall at Roskilde Festival and that was as far as I remember very good.

I have also only heard good things about their restaurants so I think that you can go there without worrying about the quality of the food.

Dear Danish Viking

This is my first question on cruise critic!! Hope I am doing it right. I would be most grateful please for your advice. I have a slight disability and use a walking stick at times.

I am arriving in Copenhagen Airport on Thursday 21st May staying in the Radisson Blu Falconer Hotel, Frederiksberg for 2 nights. I go on an MSC Cruise on Saturday 23rd to St Petersburg and arrive back on Saturday 30th. I will go back to hotel for one night, departing Copenhagen on Sunday 31st May. I would appreciate if you could please tell me:

(1) how to get from hotel to cruise terminal (I have read a lot of your reviews and see some special cruise bus is not running on Saturdays)

(2) will I need cash at airport to get to hotel on metro? Is it difficult due to disability

Any advice you can give would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Dear Danish Viking

This is my first question on cruise critic!! Hope I am doing it right. I would be most grateful please for your advice. I have a slight disability and use a walking stick at times.

I am arriving in Copenhagen Airport on Thursday 21st May staying in the Radisson Blu Falconer Hotel, Frederiksberg for 2 nights. I go on an MSC Cruise on Saturday 23rd to St Petersburg and arrive back on Saturday 30th. I will go back to hotel for one night, departing Copenhagen on Sunday 31st May. I would appreciate if you could please tell me:

(1) how to get from hotel to cruise terminal (I have read a lot of your reviews and see some special cruise bus is not running on Saturdays)

(2) will I need cash at airport to get to hotel on metro? Is it difficult due to disability

Any advice you can give would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time.

1) I´m sorry to confuse you but there are some outdated info on this thread.

You can both take bus 25 and 27 to Oceankaj where you cruise ship docks.

The most easy way is to take the metro from Frederiksberg station to Nørreport station.

The direction of the trains is either Vestamager or Lufthavnen.

From here you can catch the cruise shuttle (bus 25), it has no timetable as such but runs every 20-30th minute.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/N%C3%B8rreport.pdf

The elevators from the metro platform is located where the huge M is on the map.

Bus 25 will most like depart from the bus stop where Tornebuskgade is located.

I have yet to confirm this but it seems mot logical.

2) You will most like need cash as the ticket machine only takes credit cards with pin codes and chips.

The metro is very easy to navigate, the trains has steep free access and there are elevators and escalators at all platforms.

Just take the train towards Vanløse and get of at Frederiksberg station, your hotel is located next door.

There is some relatively huge teams in Rungsted Ishockey, Herlev Eagles, Unibet Stars Gentofte and Rødovre Mighty Bulls.

Rødovre and Rungsted is the biggest teams but as it is July the tournament is on a summer break so you won't get any joy by visiting them. :D

Hi Danish Viking,

Does Uber, or Lyft, operate in Copenhagen? Are their rates competitive with taxi fares?

Ride-sharing services work well here. They seem ideal for Europe.

Thanks,

Sylvia

Hi DV,

You helped me plan my day several months ago.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the bus number changes effect us.

So our plan is...

We arrive on Sat June 13th at Langelinie pier on Brilliance.

We planned to catch Bus 26 at Indiakaj toward Alhom Plads & get off at Radhuspladssen.

We are going to make our way back and take Bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv toward Sondre Frihavn back to Indiakaj.

Alternately, if we have time to include Rosenborg we will take Bus 26 from Georg Brandes Plads in the direction Faergeterminal Sondre Frihavn.

Have our Bus numbers changed or the routes we are planning?

Also, if we have time for Rosenborg do I have the Bus direction name correct is it Faergeterminal Sondre Frihavn or one or the other?

Thanks for all your guidance!!

Chris

Wonderful!

Can you please clarify for me...Also, if we have time for Rosenborg do I have the Bus direction name correct is it Faergeterminal Sondre Frihavn or one or the other?

Also, If we do our itinerary in the reverse order & end up at City Hall Square, we would get on Bus 26 headed toward Faergeterminal Sondre Frihavn & get off at Indiakaj, correct?

Chris

I know I asked this before but I want to make sure. I would prefer not exchanging money

I know the hotel and restaurant's take credit cards. What about taxis and is tree any reason why I should convert money thanks

Wonderful!

Can you please clarify for me...Also, if we have time for Rosenborg do I have the Bus direction name correct is it Faergeterminal Sondre Frihavn or one or the other?

Also, If we do our itinerary in the reverse order & end up at City Hall Square, we would get on Bus 26 headed toward Faergeterminal Sondre Frihavn & get off at Indiakaj, correct?

Chris

I would think that you have time for it but else you can split up and only visit the crown jewels or the castle.

Its Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn towards the port and Ålholm Plads towards the center of Copenhagen.

But its only every second bus that continues after Østerport

Here is the timetable from Georg Brandes Plads, Parkmuseerne towards the port.

So in order to get to Indiakaj you have to take departures marked with a A or B.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000028418

The timetable from the town hall square towards the port.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000047225

Here you find the bus.

The black box where it says Københavns Rådhus that is the Town hall, Tivoli is in the top left corner.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/r%C3%A5dhuspladsen_dag.pdf

When leaving the port you have these departures to choose from.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002620000&stop_gid=9025200000010008

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Indiakaj/@55.695197,12.597887,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252de6ee8856f:0xeb0e221fb2acd1be

Edited by Danish viking

I know I asked this before but I want to make sure. I would prefer not exchanging money

I know the hotel and restaurant's take credit cards. What about taxis and is tree any reason why I should convert money thanks

They take most credit cards but ask the driver before the ride.

THe only reason I could think off is access to public toilets or if you want a hot dog from one of the hot dog stands.

I would think that you have time for it but else you can split up and only visit the crown jewels or the castle.

Its Færgeterminal Søndre Frihavn towards the port and Ålholm Plads towards the center of Copenhagen.

But its only every second bus that continues after Østerport

Here is the timetable from Georg Brandes Plads, Parkmuseerne towards the port.

So in order to get to Indiakaj you have to take departures marked with a A or B.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000028418

The timetable from the town hall square towards the port.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000047225

Here you find the bus.

The black box where it says Københavns Rådhus that is the Town hall, Tivoli is in the top left corner.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/r%C3%A5dhuspladsen_dag.pdf

When leaving the port you have these departures to choose from.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002620000&stop_gid=9025200000010008

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Indiakaj/@55.69 5197,12.597887,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252de6ee8856f:0xeb0e221fb2acd1be

Great help! Do you think I'll have any difficulty finding the bus stop Georg Brandes Plads after visiting Rosenborg?

Chris

Hello again Danish Viking,

We have finalize our day trip and is wondering if you can review and let us know whether it requires any amendment.

Arrival:

May 23rd approx. 10:00 am, travel to Axel Guldsmeden by Metro

Once settle down, we plan to take a bus to Torvehallerne and grab a quick bite. Then visit Rosenborg Castle, the round tower, Netto Canal Tour, Christianborg Palace (if time permits). Follow by taking a walk down the Stroget, and dinner at Cofoco.

May 24th, get ready for embarkation.

I understand most of the places are closed on Sunday. Do you know if there are any nice cafe near our hotel for a light morning breakfast?

Thank you again for your input. :)

Hello guys, I have seen your questions bus as I'm celebrating my 30 years birthday today I don't have the time to look at your requests but I will do it tomorrow depending on my hangovers :D

My birthday is really first on Tuesday and that is kind of cool because its the day we celebrate that ze Germans pulled out of our country in the second world war so there is flags on busses and public buildings but I'm just thinking that they celebrate me and my brothers birthday.

Hello guys, I have seen your questions bus as I'm celebrating my 30 years birthday today I don't have the time to look at your requests but I will do it tomorrow depending on my hangovers :D

My birthday is really first on Tuesday and that is kind of cool because its the day we celebrate that ze Germans pulled out of our country in the second world war so there is flags on busses and public buildings but I'm just thinking that they celebrate me and my brothers birthday.

Then let me be the first to wish you a very happy birthday - as I'm sure many others on this site will do. Your assistance has been wonderful.