Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

@Roger p2

I got more info to add.

Instead of taken another train from Nørreport to Østerport it has now come to my attention that the cruise shuttle from this season now will depart from Nørreport station as well.

This new bus is now called 25.

So notice that bus 25 and 27 will have 2 different bus stops at Østerport, 25 at Folke Bernadotte's Allé next to the station building and 27 at the Sløjfen bus stop.

Dear Danish Viking,

Your posts on this thread have taught me so much about travel in Copenhagen. Thank you so much for that.

We will be 4 seniors arriving at CPH on a Thursday, July 16, at around 12 Noon. We would like to take a taxi to The Square Hotel (I hope that hotel was a good choice). Is it possible to find a taxi at the airport that is big enough for the 4 of us and our luggage? Or, do we have to take 2 taxis? How much should it cost for that trip? And, will we be able to use a credit card to pay the taxi driver?

We will be touring Copenhagen through Saturday morning, July 18, when we will travel, again by taxi, to board the Regal Princess at the Port. Is it possible that the hotel could arrange for a large taxi for us for that trip? How expensive is that ride?

The cruise ends on Wednesday, July 29, and we would like to taxi directly to the airport for our flight home. Is it likely that we will find large taxis capable of accommodating us at the cruise port? What would be the approximate cost for that ride?

Once I figure out all of these travel logistics, I’m certain that I will have many more questions about how to spend our time in Copenhagen from Thursday evening to Saturday morning.

Thanks again.

Fran

Dear Danish Viking; Look forward to the ever more chaos of the new bus 25: after this vacation I need a rest!

There is no chaos, I promise :D

But it would have been nice if the transport authority had released the details about both bus 25 and 27 at the same time.

Edited by Danish viking

Dear Danish Viking,

Your posts on this thread have taught me so much about travel in Copenhagen. Thank you so much for that.

We will be 4 seniors arriving at CPH on a Thursday, July 16, at around 12 Noon. We would like to take a taxi to The Square Hotel (I hope that hotel was a good choice). Is it possible to find a taxi at the airport that is big enough for the 4 of us and our luggage? Or, do we have to take 2 taxis? How much should it cost for that trip? And, will we be able to use a credit card to pay the taxi driver?

We will be touring Copenhagen through Saturday morning, July 18, when we will travel, again by taxi, to board the Regal Princess at the Port. Is it possible that the hotel could arrange for a large taxi for us for that trip? How expensive is that ride?

The cruise ends on Wednesday, July 29, and we would like to taxi directly to the airport for our flight home. Is it likely that we will find large taxis capable of accommodating us at the cruise port? What would be the approximate cost for that ride?

Once I figure out all of these travel logistics, I’m certain that I will have many more questions about how to spend our time in Copenhagen from Thursday evening to Saturday morning.

Thanks again.

Fran

At least from the airport and hotel it should be possible to get a van, I don't know how many there will be at the cruise port.

A big taxi costs more than a regular taxi but its still cheaper than getting 2 normal taxies.

Airport to hotel will probably be near 350-400 kroner, hotel to Oceankaj will most like be In the 250-300 range and Oceankaj to airport 5-600 kroner.

Dear Danish Viking, Do You think the Rejesplanen website is accurate showing bus 27 at 12:15, 12:45, and 13:15 schedule time or should I go by DOT 27 schedule showing 11:22, 13:52, then next arrival 14:07 departing Osterport station. If Dot is correct and not Rejesplanen and I get in Osterport station at noon. I will be over the 90 minutes Cruise guideline for boarding ; if I take the 13:52 (DOT SCHEDULE) I will arrive at 14:06. Maybe I am not understanding the scheduling. I have a paid ticket from Snalltaget (in Swedish and could not translate pdf) leaving Malmo at 11:13 arriving Osterport station (DIRECT) at 11:59. I have written to Snalltaget inquiring whether I can depart on an earlier train. I have not had a response. If You know anything different tomorrow about a correct time, I would appreciate the advice. Worse case scenario scrap old ticket buy new, or cab it at Osterport. Thanks have a zen state of mind and a peaceful evening.

Re: City Pass (24 hr)

Can I purchase it @ the Airport inbound;

then activate it a few days later when returning to the port for the overnight stay (arriving 11AM; disembarking next day for the 12 noon outbound flight)?

Or must use on the day of purchase?

Edited by LiCruise

So we are at it again

There are no changes to bus 27 so I wont go into that.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/trafikinfo/Documents/26-27.pdf

But the cruise shuttle that last year was an extended service on route 26 is now has its own number.

The new route is called 25.

Info from the website

"When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will be operating between Nørreport Station and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) with stop at Østerport Station (at Folke Bernadottes Allé) from 8 AM until 4 PM approximately every 20-30 minutes. It is also possible to use bus 27 to and from Oceankaj - the 27 operates between Oceankaj and Østerport Station, sløjfen See the timetable for more information."

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/25-0025-020515-r.pdf

This bus departs from Nørreport, the station map hasn´t been updated but expect it to be the bus stop closest to Tornebuskgade

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/N%C3%B8rreport.pdf

At Østerport it will not stop the same place as bus 27, it will use the same bus stop as bus 26.

Even though the map says otherwise bus 26 will still stop at Sløjfen so its still possible to change from 26 to 27.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

Arriving to Østerport by bus 26

1) get off at Østerport station (Folkebernadotte´s Allé bus top) and change to 25 that departs every 20th-30th minute (it has no fixed schedule)

2) take bus 26 one stop further to the Østerport station, Sløjfen bus stop at take bus 27 from there.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002710000&linegid=9011200002700000&line_name=27#navigate

Arriving to Østerport by train

Bus 25 is reached by walking up to the main ticket hall, walk left when you get out on the street.

You´ll then cross the pedestrian crossing and you will see the bus stop on your left hand.

Bus 27 is on the other end of the platform.

Walk down the the bridge that are located in the far end of the platform, walk right and you will find the Sløjfen bus stop.

Getting from the airport.

Either you take the metro line M2 towards Vanløse and get off at Nørreport.

From here you can catch bus 25.

If you take the Øresundstog train (direction Nivå or Helsingør) you can either get off at Nørreport and take bus 25 from here.

Or you can continue to Østerport and take both 25 and 27 from there.

Dear Danish Viking, Do You think the Rejesplanen website is accurate showing bus 27 at 12:15, 12:45, and 13:15 schedule time or should I go by DOT 27 schedule showing 11:22, 13:52, then next arrival 14:07 departing Osterport station. If Dot is correct and not Rejesplanen and I get in Osterport station at noon. I will be over the 90 minutes Cruise guideline for boarding ; if I take the 13:52 (DOT SCHEDULE) I will arrive at 14:06. Maybe I am not understanding the scheduling. I have a paid ticket from Snalltaget (in Swedish and could not translate pdf) leaving Malmo at 11:13 arriving Osterport station (DIRECT) at 11:59. I have written to Snalltaget inquiring whether I can depart on an earlier train. I have not had a response. If You know anything different tomorrow about a correct time, I would appreciate the advice. Worse case scenario scrap old ticket buy new, or cab it at Osterport. Thanks have a zen state of mind and a peaceful evening.

If you arrive at Østerport at 11:59 you can take the next bus 27 by 12:22.

re #501 04/26 12:40 PM

how about @Nørreport; different stops for bus 25 and 27 as well?

Both Yes an no :D

Bus 27 doesn´t go as far as Nørreport.

It goes from Østerport station, Sløjfen, Søndre Frihavn at Oceankaj with a total of 14 stops along the route.

Bus 25 stops only at Nørreport, Østerport an Oceankaj.

Re: City Pass (24 hr)

Can I purchase it @ the Airport inbound;

then activate it a few days later when returning to the port for the overnight stay (arriving 11AM; disembarking next day for the 12 noon outbound flight)?

Or must use on the day of purchase?

The ticket is valid from purchase.

The Town Shop at the terminals sells tickets for the busses so I´m guessing that they also have the Citypass on offer but I will send them an email to see if its true.

Else you can get it on your phone.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/iframe-movia

Yes I will, i will most likely take a trip to Nørreport, Østerport and Oceankaj to make a photo guide when the first cruiseships arrive and I hawe time off from work.

But I expect to bus to depart from the bus stops closest to Tornebuskgade.

The metro stairs is next to the M at Frederiksborggade

Its very important that you use the escalators or elevators to street level, the escalators at the end of the platform leads to the S-train and Long distance platforms.

It is possible to walk this way but you will find the exits to street level at the end of these platform so its not the best way to walk and you don´t have escalators to street level from there

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/N%C3%B8rreport.pdf

I tried to make a walking map. https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/N%C3%B8rreport+St.+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn/N%C3%B8rreport+St./@55.6838482,12.5706801,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x465253053dcecc5d:0xee8f96a09f99bf5c!2m2!1d12.571044!2d55.683843!1m5!1m1!1s0x465253052deaeb4d:0x4b44212316bd033e!2m2!1d12.572623!2d55.684049

Edited by Danish viking

Both Yes an no :D

Bus 27 doesn´t go as far as Nørreport.

It goes from Østerport station, Sløjfen, Søndre Frihavn at Oceankaj with a total of 14 stops along the route.

Bus 25 stops only at Nørreport, Østerport an Oceankaj.

Hi Danish Viking,

Is Bus 25 also cruise shuttle bus? And will it stop right at the terminal?

Also, since it doesn' t have time schedule, and if we just purchase 2 zones for 24 Danish Krone and taking train from Copenhagen main train station to Osterport station, will the ticket have sufficient time to cover for Bus 25?

Thanks,

Yes bus 25 is the new cruise shuttle.

2 and/or 3 zone tickets is valid for 1 hour and the rule is that you should just have boarded the train, metro, bus etc before the time expire.

The ticket machines round up to the next quarter so if you buy the ticket at 9:04 the ticket will expire at 10:15.

I'm still thinking that the bus stops next to the terminals, it did last year so I don't expect otherwise.

There isn't any fixed timetable but it departs every 20-30 minute between 8:00 and 16:00, I'm guessing the 30 minute interval is when there is only 1 ship in port.

Yes bus 25 is the new cruise shuttle.

2 and/or 3 zone tickets is valid for 1 hour and the rule is that you should just have boarded the train, metro, bus etc before the time expire.

The ticket machines round up to the next quarter so if you buy the ticket at 9:04 the ticket will expire at 10:15.

I'm still thinking that the bus stops next to the terminals, it did last year so I don't expect otherwise.

There isn't any fixed timetable but it departs every 20-30 minute between 8:00 and 16:00, I'm guessing the 30 minute interval is when there is only 1 ship in port.

Thanks Danish Viking,

And how long does it take from Central station to Osterport?

Do we have to take the stair case from Osterport train terminal to the bus 25 stop (I saw stair cases in one of the pictures you posted)

Thanks,

Danish Viking,

In post #342, you listed 3 hotels in Nyhavn that you would recommend. I'm considering two of them, Wakeup Borgergade and Hotel Bethel. But, I'm also thinking about the Cabinn City near Tivoli as it looks central to a lot of sites as well.

Which area (Nyhavn or City Central) would you recommend? And which hotel of those I've listed would you choose? FWIW, I'm particularly interested in the Hotel Bethel just because it doesn't seem as "sterile" as the Wake-up or Cabinn, but I've also read reports that it's really noisy, both inside and outside the hotel and I would not like that!

Many thanks for your help!

Is there left luggage storage/lockers at either Norreport or Osterport Stations? Only able to confirm luggage storage at Main station Kobenhavn. Looking to dump luggage (one bag) in between airport and Oceankaj cruise shuttle bus so I can explore Cop pre cruise. Thanks!

Dear Danish Viking; Thank You for all the information, but Just in case can everyone on this board have Your e-mail, personal phone number, and cell, your address, and can We stay there the first night before cruise. And if We get really lost would You or a family member come and get us(including transportation to the next port).

Danish Viking,

Our ship is overnighting the evening of May 29. I'm part of a large group of 20-25 people who would all like to stay at Tivoli Garden as late as possible, but public transit out to the terminal finishes at 7 pm.

Do you have any suggestions for booking a group transfer that evening? While taxis are always a possibility, it would be much more cost effective if we can book a shuttle of some sort.

Thanks for all your great advice.

1) Take the Øresund trains towards Nivå and Helsingør or any Regionaltog or Intercity train to Østerport because they stops at track 1 and 2 because they are closer to the sløjfen bus stop.

Sløjfen bus stop is were it says 26 Holdeplads

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

2) Yes just take the bus to Østerport and take the train to the airport from track 3 and 4.

3) If you only goes to the airport you don´t need a citypass ticket, just a 3 zone ticket that cost 36 kroner.

And you just buy it by the driver, and remember to take it with you because its also valid on the train.

The Citypass ticket is a 24 hour or 72 hour ticket valid in Copenhagen, but not the outer suburbs.

Hi Danish Viking,

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalko...98sterport.pdf

It seems that the "26 Holdeplads" is not showed in "98sterport.pdf" anymore, instead I observe "27 Oceankaj".

1. Would you confirm if it' s the same?

2. Which one is the cruise shuttle bus that park at the cruise terminal "bus 25" or "bus 27"?

3. Where is the stop of bus 25?

Thanks,

Danish Viking,

Our ship is overnighting the evening of May 29. I'm part of a large group of 20-25 people who would all like to stay at Tivoli Garden as late as possible, but public transit out to the terminal finishes at 7 pm.

Do you have any suggestions for booking a group transfer that evening? While taxis are always a possibility, it would be much more cost effective if we can book a shuttle of some sort.

Thanks for all your great advice.

It will not be today but I can give you some link to some bus companies when i get the time.

But don't be surprised if they quote you 2000 kroner or even more for a bus trip.

The bus company we use when we go to se our local soccer team playing charge around 5.500 kroner but that's a 25 kilometer trip each way.

This will only be 6-7 kilometers and only the return trip so but I will ask them for a price, they are called Strøby Turist if you want to look them up.

Hi Danish Viking,

It seems that the "26 Holdeplads" is not showed in "98sterport.pdf" anymore, instead I observe "27 Oceankaj".

2. Which one is the cruise shuttle bus that park at the cruise terminal "bus 25" or "bus 27"?

Thanks,

1) yes 27 Oceankaj is the old 26 holdeplads aka Sløjfen

2) That is bus 25

3) bus 25 stops at the street called Folke Bernadotte's Allé just next to the station building, on the new map its where it says 26 Søndre Frihavn.

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks,

Hi Danish Viking,

My bad that I did not read the previous threads on bus 25 & bus 27 when asking you the questions. So, please ignore the questions above.

However, I do have another question:

Which way is better/easier to catch bus 25 at Osterport: take bus 26 (close to central station) or TRAIN from central station to Osterport?

Thanks,